Sweet Glue

Title says it all

11 replies to this topic

#1 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

ok so I just found a sweet glue. it called "plastic welder" it works great here are its specs
best used on:
hard plastics
metals
concrete
vinyl
pvc piping
fiberglass

working time
4 min

Harding time 15 min

psi strength
3,500 lbs per sq. in

water proof

working temps
-40F - +200F

I have been using it all over and it never has failed and it doesn’t involve the huge process of epoxy and it dries so much quicker. one draw back. it smells :unsure:

I have only seen it in a small family run store up here in Vermont so look around

This might not go here but feel free to change it
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#2 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:59 AM

I think I know what you are talking about, I am almost possitive I use a similer glue if not the same glue you use except I use this on the tank models I build. I never thought of using it on a nerf gun before.
By the way does yours smell like citrus, or does it just out right smell?

Meiser---- :unsure:

Edited by meiser5, 20 July 2006 - 11:59 AM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Yup, I use that too when I can. It's my new cement: hot glue for holding things in place when I need to put a screw in, super glue for holding small things in place (it goes into cracks really well), and plastic welder for everything else.

The thing you have to be careful of is that it is so frickin' strong it almost becomes the PVC. MAKE SURE you want those two pieces glued together because if you don't you'd better have a hacksaw around to help you out.

On the other hand you can rest assured that your gun won't blow apart. : o)

It smells like glue when it first comes out of the bottle, but it's not that bad and only lasts a minute or so.

Truevalue, here.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

On the other hand you can rest assured that your gun won't blow apart. : o)

You mean blow apart like yours did the otherday? :unsure:
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yea... that was before I used the Plastic Welder. I put some on and it's fine now.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#6 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

I've got the same stuff and it works ok, except for my Xbow. It doesn't bond nerf gun plastic to cpvc very well. The force, vibration and torque on the coupler was a little too much for this glue. Just a warning.
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#7 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:53 PM

Ok so it might be a citrus smell but not really it more smells like you are about to die. I forgot to mention that it comes in a double syringe type thing and you have to mix the two glue parts together. In my experience it hold nerf plastic and pvc together and it worked on the plunger of my bbb just fine but who knows?
so yea
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

I've got the same stuff and it works ok, except for my Xbow.

What! you got an x-bow? Hope it is sweet!
Anyway back on topic, thats cool, I've been looking for something a little thicker than super glue.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

A link or even a picture of what your talking about would be nice.
Is this it?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

That's it.
V

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

I've used that stuff before, but I got seriously ill afterwards (like 10 mins afterwards), so I stopped using it. I use JB Kwik Epoxy. It dries in 4 minutes and it'll hold anything together permanently, sometimes a little too permanently. It does smell like shit, though, like any other glue that actually works.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

Yea... that was before I used the Plastic Welder. I put some on and it's fine now.

It was stilll funny as hell when it happend :P

Spring loaded plungers can often creat very amuseing situations when they pop out of the back of the gun and right into the face of the person weilding the gun :D
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users