The Completed Mini Titan

17 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

I really need a name for this awesome piece of fine craftmanship. I know this has been done in the past but I just wanted to share my version. I have been working on this very hard the last few days and it is finally completed. I added the bike pump finally and it works great. It fits in there perfectly and I used some vinyl tubing from my broken Rapidfire to connect the pump to the tank. I bought a bike tire, took off the valve and connected it to the pump. The tubing fits perfect over the valve and over the little nipple thing on the titan airtank, where the old tube used to connect to that old bulky pump. The tan pieces that are between the pump and the Titan are popsicle sticks that a cut down to fit in there. It fits perfect and works as a great spacer. I put that in there with hot glue.

Next thing I did was slap on some foam craft sheet using hot glue. It worked very well. I traced the shapes on a notecard and then transfered it back onto the foam. The places I put the foam was on the top (it was all scratched up from removing the sight/scope thing), the back of the gun where the old pump used to be, the circle where the air pressure gauge used to be, and lastly at the front of the gun where the bottom of the front handle was. The color of the foam is slightly lighter than the Titan's original colors but it looks good anyway.

As far as the performance is....It's excellent. Rate of fire was dramatically increased in the mod. It is very easy to pump and good thing about a bike pump is that there is no over-pressure release valve, or whatever it is called. It gets normal Titan ranges and out-performs about any single barrelled gun. I also made it available to put the orange mega missle attachment. Just screw it on and now it shoots mega missles.

Enough of me talking, lets get to pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any questions? Comments?

#2 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Wow!
I'm impressed!!!!!

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

How long does it take to prime?

#4 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

That is one of the cleanest titan mods I have ever seen. Did you leave the piece that usually fires the scout in? If you did not secure it down or take it out then it may come out of place and get in the way of the trigger pull (happened to me).

Edited by blinkycc13, 12 July 2006 - 12:11 PM.

QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

That is one of the cleanest titan mods I have ever seen. Did you leave the piece that usually fires the scout in? If you did not secure it down or take it out then it may come out of place and get in the way of the trigger pull (happened to me).

No I took out the scout piece. I totally gutted the whole thing. I only left the bare essentials.

I have been using it for a week or two now and it performs great, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about though.

How long does it take to prime?

Depends on how far you want to shoot it. It pumps about 4/5 as ,uch as the old pump did.

#6 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

It looks to me like the handle guard would get in the way of the pump handle.

in other words, if it were up to me I'd say put an extension onto the pump handle.
looks great though, really really good job

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

VERY clean. I am very, very impressed with what you have there.

I do have one suggestion though; instead of using the foam craft sheet, try something like plexiglass (if you're willing to spend some time cutting and sanding) or Bondo (if you are VERY VERY careful not to bondo the firing pin). I say that simply because it's just a matter of time before the foam craft sheet rips or comes off.

Other than that, great job!

~ompa

#8 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

I initially did not take the pistol firing piece out and it moved around and got in the way of the trigger pull.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:22 AM

Looks great but Ompa is right. It is only a matter of time. It would be really cool to see a side by side shot of a tock Titan next to this thing. What is the weight difference?
I would call it the Pecking Rooster.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 13 July 2006 - 12:24 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

It looks to me like the handle guard would get in the way of the pump handle.

in other words, if it were up to me I'd say put an extension onto the pump handle.
looks great though, really really good job

It is actually very comfortable and doesn't really get in the way at all. It is easy to pump it about 15 times with in a couple seconds and get off a shot with great ranges.

VERY clean. I am very, very impressed with what you have there.

I do have one suggestion though; instead of using the foam craft sheet, try something like plexiglass (if you're willing to spend some time cutting and sanding) or Bondo (if you are VERY VERY careful not to bondo the firing pin). I say that simply because it's just a matter of time before the foam craft sheet rips or comes off.

Other than that, great job!

~ompa

I really didn't want to use foam craft sheet but oh well. Plexiglass sounds like an awesome idea but I really don't know how much that will cost me. Also I don't know how to relaly work with it and if I need to use a special saw and/or safety precautions. So if I got that would I just paint over the plexiglass? Bondo would be a good idea but I haven't had much luck with that. I screwed up my last project using it since it never would really harden enough.

Looks great but Ompa is right. It is only a matter of time. It would be really cool to see a side by side shot of a tock Titan next to this thing. What is the weight difference?
I would call it the Pecking Rooster.

Pecking Rooster? Haha, that's a good one. As for the weight difference I haven't really checked yet..

I am going out to the store today to get a Titan today to compare the differences as far as weight and length. I'll post some good pictures.

And thanks to everyone who like my work!

#11 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

Man, that gun is sweet. I'm in the process of minimizing my LBB because of this! Also, plexiglass isn't hard to work with. It doesn't cost that much and isn't really glass. It's a hard, clear plastic. It can be sanded and cut like any other plastic and would work nicely.

For my minimized NFs, I fill the holes with hot glue. About 8 mini glue sticks worked well! Just make sure you use a cool glue gun because a hot one will actually start re-shaping the gun because it's melting... I'll post a pic as soon as the paint dries.
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

Man, that gun is sweet. I'm in the process of minimizing my LBB because of this! Also, plexiglass isn't hard to work with. It doesn't cost that much and isn't really glass. It's a hard, clear plastic. It can be sanded and cut like any other plastic and would work nicely.

For my minimized NFs, I fill the holes with hot glue. About 8 mini glue sticks worked well! Just make sure you use a cool glue gun because a hot one will actually start re-shaping the gun because it's melting... I'll post a pic as soon as the paint dries.

Sounds like a good idea. I just picked up a cool glue gun yesterday for my stefans.

By the way, where can I get plexiglass.

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

You can find plexiglass at your local hardware store. I know for a fact both Rona and Home depot carry them. It is either near the building materials section or near the replacement doors section.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#14 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

Well here are the Unmodded Titan and the Mini Titan in a couple pictures. I also have a video of my brother shooting it with a mega missle.

Video Of Firing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ryan201821, 16 July 2006 - 01:55 PM.

#15 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

Range?
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

Range?

Ranges depend on how many times you pump it. At ten pumps you can get an easy 100'. If you pump it more, it obvisouly goes a lot farther.

#17 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Ok, here is a picture of the hot glue filled NF:

Posted Image

Like I said, 8 mini glue sticks was enough to fill the chopped off hole. Once the glue dried, I cut off the excess with a bandsaw. You can see that there are some bandsaw marks from the blade, but overall, the gap was filled pretty well. If I had taken the time to use a sanding drum, you wouldn't be able to tell that there ever was a gap. I'm not sure how well it would work on a titan, but for smaller guns, it works fine.
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#18 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:40 PM

Wow Carrtoon that looks better than I expected. Looks like it painted over well also. The thing is about my gun is there aren't any actually holes execpt for the one on the back of the gun and the one above the pump. The one above the pump I can do but the back hole is right where all the internals are. There is not really a way to fill it up. But that looks good anyway, and thanks for the help!

P.S. I am going to try it on my NF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users