Photo

At2k Or At3k?

4 replies to this topic

#1 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

Which gun is better overall modded at2k or the at3k, I think I'm leaning to the at3k because
of it's bigger airtank. What do you guys think?

#2 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

People usually dont like "which gun is better" type threads because most of the time, it is just a matter of personal taste. Both guns get about the same distance. The only real difference between the two is ammo capacity and size. The 3k has two more barrels and is as a result, larger, so if you are planning on single barreling a gun, get the 2k. You get the same range as the 3k, but in a smaller package.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#3 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

Don't forget that the at3k's barrels also rotate automatically, where as the at2k is hand rotated. Your decision should be based on a few factors. Do you want a fast rate of fire, or do you want a longer range gun? Do you care about how big the gun is? The two pressure tanks are exactly the same. Single either one and you will get roughly the same ranges, though that is wasting a perfectly good at3k. How the gun feels isn't really important, but can make your decision easier. I think the at2k's pumping handle is more comfortable, but the at3k feels like an assault rifle. Both guns are pretty comfortable.

If you want a fast rate of fire and size doesn't matter, go with the at3k. If you want a small pistol that doesn't have quite the ROF that at3k does, go with the at2k. Lastly, if you are just looking to single barrel one of them, choose the gun based on size, not distance. They will shoot about as far as the other one. The at3k will be harder to mod, but you'll be pleased with the results. The at2k is easy to mod, but doesn't have the nice auto rotating barrels. Choose wisely, young padawan...
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

If you are using it in a nerfwar at3k. Why? Single barreling is a waste of time. The at3k is one of my favorite primaries to use in a nerfwar. You have six shots before you reload, and it is accurate. You can take out multiple people without reloading. But if you don't do nerfwars, whatever you like.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#5 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Carrtoon, I'd have to disagree. The two tanks look the same, but the 3k's leaks more. Therefore, even though it's smaller, the 2k's tank put out more punch. So it's really a style of play question, which you put down nicely.

Just clarifying, no flames here.

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users