Photo

Semi Auto

7 replies to this topic

#1 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

I was using a barrowed air soft spring powered pistol and noticed that you didn't have to cock it. Which made me want to crack it open and see how the cocking mechanism worked. all you had to do was pull the trigger it had no batteries or anything? I was in the middle of a war though and didn't have time to break it open. If anyone knows how they did this and how it works let me know because i would love to apply that technology to nerf guns which is why i chose to post it here and not in off topic. If it is off topic oops.
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

It's probably not an airsoft pistol. There is probably a pin that strikes the bb to fire it down a fake barrel ( similar to most NERF blasters that have a "barrel"). It's not considered airsoft unless air pushes the bb. It cant be modded to fire a NERF dart nore can the technology be adapted for NERF.

#3 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

1. If a spring airsoft pistol is not semi-auto unless modded, an dyou did not specify that...in fact, I don't know what you did specify.

2. From what I understand, you want to know how to use the technology in an airsoft spring pistol, in a nerf gun. The answer you will get, is this: The people of nerf HAVE been using those methods. The guns are only larger than some airsoft guns because they have a large payload. They need a larger barrel, plunger and casing to launch a dart at the distance that they can.

3. Airsoft guns should not be modified due to making them harmful. They should instead be upgraded, and there are upgrades for airsoft guns.

4. There are different methods of launching airsoft BBs and Nerf darts.

Airsoft guns have to plunger, trigger catch mechanism, and barrel assembly. The BB is placed in the barrel by means of a spring loaded magazine, the slide of the gun is pulled back, and the trigger is pulled to relase the catch mechanism on the plunger to move air and launch the BB. Nerf guns also have the same thing as I said above on number 2. They have the same system of a plunger, trigger catch mechanism, and a barrel, just larger to handle the larger payload of a nerf dart.

Airsoft has the electric powered systems too. A motor pulls a plunger back and the motor releases its torque when the main spring is tensioned, and the main spring then pushes the plunger forward. Some electric guns just have a motor pulling the plunger back and pushing the plunger forward. The BBs are again loaded the same way via a spring loaded magainze or a resiviour that holds several BBs. Nerf has electric guns, but with a very different method of operating. There are usually 2 motors side by side that launch the nerf dart. A gravity powered magazine or resiviour (sitting on top of the gun for darts to drop on their own by gravity) allws darts to be fed to the gun. A trigger ether opens the magaine or resiviour sitting atop the spinning motors, or the trigger pushes a dart that has already exited the magazine or resiviour and into the spinning motors. When the dart touches the motors, they catch on the dart and the dart is sent flying out of the gun. These types of guns ussuallyt shoot disks that will be able to fly farther and longer. Darts have just recently been used in some of these guns.

The last method used in Airsoft, is the use of gas. While I don't know too much on the specific parts of these guns, I do know how they generally work. A spring magazine is entered in the gun, and the gun is then filled with gas out of a canister solded at airsoft retailers. The gas is kept in a small resiviour in the gun and the BBs are obviously pushed upwards from the spring un front of the valve that keeps the resiviour closed. When the trigger is pulled the gas is released at a certain rate and the BB is launched by the speed of the gas. Nerf has a much similar method, but with just air. It is more simpler, yet a little less effective. An air powered nerf gun is composed of 4 things. The pump, the valve/air resiviour, the trigger (which is really part of the valve) and the barrel. You have a valve that is connected to the pump. You place a barrel on or over the valve so that a dart may be placed in the barrel and launched by the presure of the air built up in the valve/resiviour when released via the trigger. The trigger is just connected toe th valve via a metal pin (not an ink pen mind you, a long metal rod in this case). You part a dart in the barrel, pump the pump the required amount of time, and pull the trigger. When you pump the pump, air is foced in the resiviour (valve) and the valve is closed until trigger pull. Then the resiviour is full and the tigger is pulled, the air is released and the dart will travel in front of the air until it leaves the barrel. The dart gains speed until it leaves the barrel. Airpowerd nerf guns are very effective this way, but other fully automatic ones (Magstrike, Rapid Fire 20, Powerclip, and the Wildfire are the oly fully autimatic air powered nerf guns) yet they are only effective with ranges of around 50 to maybe a lucky 60 feet when modded properly.

I hope this helped you understand the methods used between airsoft and nerf.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:29 AM

LastManAlive, if you are even going to try to help, know what you are talking about. I also cant even understand 80% of your post

"2. From what I understand, you want to know how to use the technology in an airsoft spring pistol, in a nerf gun. The answer you will get, is this: The people of nerf HAVE been using those methods. The guns are only larger than some airsoft guns because they have a large payload. They need a larger barrel, plunger and casing to launch a dart at the distance that they can."

To my knowlage, there are no NERF blasters that use the above method as posted by you or myself. Care to enlighten me? As I already said, the airsoft gun he has doesnt use air to fire the bb. It hits it with a pin. I dont know where youre getting this idea of it having a plunger tube and all since it was stated thats not how the above pistol works.

#5 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

Did the gun appear to be modified in any way? How far into the trigger pull did the gun shoot? Was the trigger pull tough or fairly easy?

Ninjz, I've never heard of this sort of gun. I don't think the ranges or accuracy would be very good though...

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

I have two. They were the very first "airsoft" guns I bought when I was like 12.

#7 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

No the guns wern't modified I don't think they owners even thought about that.
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#8 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

These sound like "Gummy" guns. They shoot little plastic...gummies.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users