92 replies to this topic

#76 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:02 PM

Is the gun worth getting?
Ammo will be really limited...
...only 12 rounds and your out.(unless you have stefans which I do not.)
And it only has a 40 ft stock range?
A mod bbb with crayola barrel i have has about 110ft. and can use all ammo other than mega.
I dont know to much about this gun, so here are a few questions.
1.) Can the pistol fire normal darts?
2.) Is this gun going to be sturdy?(( dont want it to break if I accedentally drop it while loading.)
3.) Is there anyway to make the gun fire normal darts?
4.) In your oppinion, what will be the farthest this gun will be able to shoot when it is modded.(Im not talking go xft. then drop, I mean angle it to get really far. Like you were trying to hit a slow moveing person or someone who is loading. Will it be as far as a bbb?)

1) Yes
2) Probably not. A lot of the internals looks thin, long, and rather unreliable. Though that can easily be fixed.
3) If by normal, you mean stefans, yes. If by normal, you mean stock darts like the Dart tag ones with collars on them, no.
4) We don't measure angled. Well, we sometimes do, but you never go by angled shots alone. If you ever give an angled measurement, you also give a flat measurement. We do this mostly because if you angle a gun 45 degrees up, it WILL go very far, but it will also be far less accurate, and easy to dodge, and it will take longer to reach the target. However, to give you a straight answer on the question: maybe 110 feet, if your BBB gets 110 angled. But, then again, I doubt you're getting 110' feet angled or not with a BBB with stock darts.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#77 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:13 PM

Thanks.

Here are a few other questions.
1.) If you take the suction cup off a stock dart and put hg and bb's will it work as a stefan?
2.) Why are they called stefans? :unsure:
3.) Can a real scope be mounted on the rail?

These may be noobish but I am new.

~Matt

Edited by moubeus5018, 21 July 2006 - 07:17 PM.

We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#78 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

Thanks.

Here are a few other questions.
1.) If you take the suction cup off a stock dart and put hg and bb's will it work as a stefan?
2.) Why are they called stefans? :unsure:
3.) Can a real scope be mounted on the rail?

These may be noobish but I am new.

~Matt

1. Yes, they will, Cxwq did that for Armageddon.
2. A Canadian named Stefan Mohr created them.
3. Even if you could, it would be useless, because nerf guns do not have the range or the accuracy to make a scope useful.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#79 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Anyone here know where I can get a Longshot either on the 'net or on the east coast (specifically in the Massachusetts area)? I've looked and can't find one.
________

#80 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

You can't get one period. The reason that there's even one (and there's only one) in the community is because of happenstance and a guy who felt like doing us all a favor while paying an arm and a leg for something that he shouldn't have been able to get. They're not out yet, and won't be for a few months, most likely.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#81 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:22 PM

Moubeus5018:

If you are too dumb to search for more info on stefans, then you are too stupid for me in good conscience to let you post on this forum. The search button is your friend here. There are more articles on setfans than I can count. If you had just viewed the stickies, you would have noticed this fine article.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#82 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

maybe 110 feet, if your BBB gets 110 angled. But, then again, I doubt you're getting 110' feet angled or not with a BBB with stock darts.

Sincereley,
Pat

He's really overstating the ranges on his BBB. I modded it myself and it gets about 60' to 70'. Mobeus, find a tape measure or something and measure 110' feet in your backyard (or more likely in the field back there, because I don't even think your yard is that big) 110' is alot longer than you think.

And the Stefan thing, you really should have searched that one. I know you're not stupid, so don't make yourself look stupid and refrain from being a noob whenever possible. :P

[Back ontopic]

Does the dart get pushed into the barrel by the bolt mechanism or does it stay where it is? If it does advance into the barrel, it'll be pretty easy to push it up to 60' or higher, but if it doesn't, it'll take some serious modding to increase the range significantly.

After being modded (alot), This gun will be great for me. It's a comfortable size without the ridiculous barrel extension, it'll work with the converted darts that Mobeus is working on, and it's clip fed. If Hasbro is smart enough to sell extra clips, I know I'll have 4 or 5 more clips very soon after I buy the Longshot and mod it to usability, or I have to find some way to make my own clips. I've already got $30 set aside for it. :D

[EDIT] something wierd happened, fixed it.

Edited by AssassinNF, 21 July 2006 - 06:26 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#83 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:42 PM

never mind

Edited by moubeus5018, 21 July 2006 - 10:46 PM.

We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#84 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:00 PM

I'll take that arguement over PM to prevent junking up this thread...

#85 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Moubeus5018:

If you are too dumb to search for more info on stefans, then you are too stupid for me in good conscience to let you post on this forum. The search button is your friend here. There are more articles on setfans than I can count. If you had just viewed the stickies, you would have noticed this fine article.

I am very sorry. I wasnt thinking. You are right I have seen many of those topics. :P

#86 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

Assasin, why would you need SEVEN clips? Thats rediculous. Have you ever heard of reloading?

#87 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

Assasin, why would you need SEVEN clips? Thats rediculous. Have you ever heard of reloading?

Because I CAN.

But realistically, I'd only need to buy 2 or 3 extras. The reason I'd need 6 or 7 is that I plan on buying two magstrikes. Dual Wielding Magstrikes...

[EDIT] Forgot to add that many of the people in my clan don't own alot of guns and they borrow mine, so I usually buy more than one of each gun anyway.

[EDIT again] Holy shit. I just finished reading alot of magstrike threads and for some reason I was thinking about the magstrike instead of the longshot when I typed that :P . Oh well, my above answer still stands. Because I CAN.

Edited by AssassinNF, 21 July 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#88 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:50 PM

Thats funny. But seriously i think 4 clips each should be good assassin. My convertied darts are kick ass. They can do alot of damage from a nf and they hurt like hell from bbb.

Edited by moubeus5018, 27 July 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#89 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:30 PM

I just looked on the hasbro site the longshot and the magstrike are for sale i don't know if you guy know that or not? If you did please do not get mad a me I am new.

#90 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:49 AM

The have the Magstrike for sale, I see, but I couldn't find the Longshot anywhere on hasbrotoyshop.com. Course, Hasbro charges more for shipping, and it would probably be slower, so it would be best to just go with WalMart.com for now. 38 as opposed to 36 bucks? I'd just make friends with Sam Walton's low prices and fast shipping.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#91 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Okay, this is going to sound really unbelievable, but it's the truth. I just picked up a Longshot for 30 USD at a massachusetts TARGET. I have no damn clue why it was at that random Target store, but it was, and it was 20 bucks cheaper than than the longshot that guy on NHQ bought. It was the last one on the shelf. I wasn't even looking for it! Pictures will be up as soon as I can find my digital camera.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#92 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:03 AM

Oh wow yet another lucky basterd ;) jk but good for you mate.

I hope that they start releasing them in the midwest soon. :P
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#93 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:22 AM

My local Target has them too! It was a super target, I got it for 31 total. They had a self full of them. So any of you NO SPAM guys could pick one up on saturday if you'd like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users