• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

MECH MAX
Avoid jam:shake gun
and fit cd case
Posted Image

Edited by 3DBBQ, 07 July 2006 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

Do you keep more than one "Mag" (CD Case, I guess)? Otherwise, reloading in the field looks like it would be a pain.

How many shots?

And... the killer: how does it work? I get that the mag is grav-feed, but what did you use for the breach? How do you open and close it? (etcetera, etcetera).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Mech Six uses gravity feed to drop darts into two spinning wheels powered by motors, and that flings the darts forward. Kind of like a little, motorized GyroStrike (if any of you remember that one).

The "trigger" drops the darts downward, hence no real "breech" needed regarding sealing a barrel, etc.

Nice, 3DBBQ. Innovative as always. Looks like it'll begin a lot of similar "drum" magazine mods.

Hey, look! A CD stack case, empty, right here by my computer! :lol:

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:27 PM

That's a really neat idea. I like it. You could probably apply this to the GyroStrike or the Rev-Shot (If you could find the right ammo that went ONLY to those guns). One quick question though: what are the gray dots in your diagram. I think the orange ones are the missle-y things, but what are the two little gray ones? I think I understand that the big gray dot is some kind of blocker/follower that would make the darts only feed counter-clockwise, but what are the two gray dots?

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

I'll bet the top one is the centerpeice of the case and the bottom one is to make sure a dart doesn't go there instead (or you're still feeding from all angles and it ruins the point of the big one).

Thanks Piney. Didn't know that.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

Very, very cool! Never even thought about using a CD spindle...that could be useful for a whole bunch of things. This requires more experimentation!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

I love the idea! The use of drum mags (CD cases) is giving me a new perspective towards mag-fed modifications.
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#8 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

This guy is just a bundle of good ideas! Mad props to this idea.

This could be used in a regular breech system with a gravity fed mag. You'd just make the good old sliding breech, and then when you push the breech open, a dart falls in, and you close it.

And to reload it on the field, if you really need that many shots, all you need to do is have a sidearm for serious situations, then, just unscrew the back, shove a coulple of darts in, and cram it back on. Sounds awesome, now I just gotta get making a breech down and I'll be golden.

Augh, I love forums.

TS

#9 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

This guy is just a bundle of good ideas! Mad props to this idea.

Augh, I love forums.

TS

That's the purpose of a forum: to let the people with really really good ideas tell everyone else, and let other people with really really good ideas improve upon their original good idea. That's why these forums exist: for the transferance and collective transmutation of concepts, wether they be proven or theoretical.

Oh, and Flaming Hilt, I think you're right about the gray dots. The diagram makes more sense now.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users