Photo

Any Airsofters Here?

39 replies to this topic

#26 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

I know this is kinda extremely erotic as far a nerf, but what gun would you recommend for someone looking to get into Airsoft?

#27 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

There is no best airsoft gun. They are all the same really. The only real difference is barrel length and magazine capacity. The cheapest rifle sized AEG you will find is the Tokyo Marui FAMAS at $205 depending where you look. A lot of newbies get an SMG sized gun or a pistol wich I dont suggest. While you can get by in outdoors play with the SMGs, it's still better to have a gun with a longer barrel for the same price or slightly more. I also wouldnt suggest the low priced "eat shit-r" rifles a lot of sites sell. Most of them only shoot 300-400fps wich is NOT high enough for snipi-ng.

I suggest you go to www.hotspotairsoft.com and look through their AEG section. More specificaly, look at the Tokyo Marui ( TM ) and Classic Army (CA) brands. UTG offers some VERY cheap beginner AEGs, but I would suggest saving the extra $50-$80 and get a TM.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 July 2006 - 03:39 PM.

#28 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:19 PM

It depends if you want a really good gun or a gun to just shoot and have fun. The gun im getting is about 60 bucks with the s&h.

Edited by moubeus5018, 17 July 2006 - 03:45 PM.

We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#29 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

Dont waste your money on any of the really cheap battery powered guns. Most of them will burn out or break very quickly if they dont come broken to being with ( wich is common ). If you want to get a springer just to messa round with get one of the UTG brand shotguns ( only fires one bb though ) or springers. Their shotguns will shoot .20 gram bbs REALLY strait plus they have a hop-up unit wich most springers dont.

#30 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

What do you mean turning their FPS up on you? Airsoft guns dont have adjustable power like paintball guns...

FPS and gear dont matter. In airsoft it's all about tactics. Most of the people on my team and many people in airsoft itself play with stock guns.

They only change that by using other motors and stuff. They will slip something to the person that ownes the place I play at (its a paintball place, but on weekends he lets people play airsoft there from 9 to 11 when the paintballers come and play from 11 to like 7 I think) and they will get by with a 500 FPS gun when regulations are to have them at a maximum of 360. Mine almost tops that too. I have seen this happen and then I will have welts on uncovered areas of my body that are the size of 50 foot shots from more thatn 80 feet away.

It depends if you want a really good gun or a gun to just shoot and have fun. The gun im getting is about 60 bucks with the s&h

Listen to this man folks, he is right. I bought 3 of these cheapo AEG guns, a spring shotgun thing, and am ini uzi (it wasnt that bad really) for under 60 on each. I ended up having to solder half the wires back on with on of them, replace a battery on one, and the other one MANAGED to live long enough for me to sell it off. I sold all of them except a gas gun I got for christmas, and managed to use a little extra money from christmas to by that FAMAS. I spread his warning, dont buy them for 'big wars'; only get them for backyard battel and 'lets see how many shots he can take from 10 feet' games (fun times).

Edited by LastManAlive, 16 July 2006 - 10:04 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#31 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:34 AM

Lastmanalive, please stop pretending you play/know anything about airsoft. Motors have absolutely nothing to do with the FPS of an airsoft gun. The only thing they can affect is the ROF and the amount of torque to pull the piston back ( for use on stronger, higer FPS springs ).

Edited by NinjZ, 17 July 2006 - 10:35 AM.

#32 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

I know this is kinda extremely erotic as far a nerf, but what gun would you recommend for someone looking to get into Airsoft?

If you dont have enought money, or just dont want to invest in a Classic Army or Tokyo Marui gun, such as just trying to get a feel for the sport, then I would suggest going with UTG even though they cost slightly more than the cheap springers and electrics. When I first got into the sport, I had bought myself 3 different "Cheap" guns, for around 60 bucks each for my brothers and I to have backyard battles with. Two of those broke within a month (two games), and the third one just barely hangs on to life with a cracked stock and several broken aesthetic peices.

Meanwhile, my cousins got two guns for themselves, a UTG MP5, and a UTG Warhawk AK47, that are still doing well even though they've been played with more.

Also, LastManAlive, as NinjZ said, the motor does NOT effect how hard it shoots, it only affects the rate of fire, the spring affects how hard it shoots. Which is what I'm assuming you meant by "and stuff"

Just my $.02

#33 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

Even if he was refering to the spring, it's very timely and bad for your AEG to keep breaking it down to swap a spring in and out.

#34 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

I'm looking into my first AEG as well. I have done my research and have decided on the gun. I will get a CYMA cm028. Yes, I know most CYMA is crappy, but they recently came out with a couple of guns, including the cm028, that are as good as or better than more expensive versions. This gun is at least as good as its Marui cousin. It seems to be a great starter weapon. I plan on replacing its crappy aluminum barrel and hopup unit for starters.

Edited by blinkycc13, 18 July 2006 - 12:28 PM.

QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#35 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

I'm looking into my first AEG as well. I have done my research and have decided on the gun. I will get a CYMA cm028. Yes, I know most CYMA is crappy, but they recently came out with a couple of guns, including the cm028, that are as good as or better than more expensive versions. This gun is at least as good as its Marui cousin. It seems to be a great starter weapon. I plan on replacing its crappy aluminum barrel and hopup unit for starters.

Just FYI, not all CYMA is crappy, they do have a few guns that actually are OK, the thing is, that a lot of the airsofters that are serious about the sport are boycotting them because they tried to monopolize the market in the US via lawsuits. (I'm not COMPLETELY sure the above statement is totally accurate.)

#36 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

CYMA guns are in no way as good or better than Marui AEGs ever. Parts, quality, and construction will never be anywhere neer that of a Marui. Airsoft is an expensive sport, you get what you pay for. Save your money. You should save a bit more and get one of the UTG brand AEGs if you just HAVE to have an AEG now. Like I always say, save your money now and have no regrets later.

Edited by NinjZ, 18 July 2006 - 04:29 PM.

#37 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

Have you even ever heard about the cm028? There is a lot of buzz about it on airsoftretreat.com, and I've repeatedly heard of how good it is.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#38 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

I just got into airsoft about a month ago when I bought a cheap pistol at my local hobbystore for kicks.
Now I've got a HFC Brittish L85 A1 in the mail from Kapowwe. It's a springer, cuz I don't want an AEG yet.

http://www.kapowwe.c...t_spring_action
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#39 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:30 PM

Lastmanalive, please stop pretending you play/know anything about airsoft. Motors have absolutely nothing to do with the FPS of an airsoft gun. The only thing they can affect is the ROF and the amount of torque to pull the piston back ( for use on stronger, higer FPS springs ).

You missed the "stuff" with those motors.

You are right, I don't konw much about airsoft, but I do play it. I go cheap and affordable and don't run my guns for 30 stright seconds, thus I go affordable. I already admitted that I hav boughten cheapo flee market guns, and I have had to fix them, tape them, and replace motors in them for running them too long.

And a matter of fact, there are upgrades for guns that make them have higher FPS. I am sure you know this since you are 1337 at airsoft right? So get off my case about not knowing anything please. My point is that you should respect what you own. I don't have the prettiest penny in my pocket, so I look into keeping my possesions worth what they are. How else do you think I was able to resell those flee market guns and get enough to get the Famas?
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#40 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

I have a question, I just got in to airsoft and was wondering is it even possible to get an upgrade on my crappy Crosman stinger P30? I know it has a fixed hop up so it may not be as crappy as I thought is.
No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users