Bbb Mod Question

Thank you for your time

6 replies to this topic

#1 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

I just got a BBB, and I was wondering if I took out the restrictors if there is one that I need to keep, because I heard about keeping one in. I was also wondering if I could saw about and inch or so off the barrel, dremel out the 4 lines on the inside, remove the restrictors except for the one that I might possibly need, and hot glue a crayola barrel inside the original barrel. This probably wouldn't get as good as puting brass on, because brass is generaly better, and can be longer, but I can't find any anywhere including ACE. I believe the crayola barrel would be inside the original so I could shoot stefans, but the arrows at the same time. I know the arrows are pretty useless in wars but I like fooling around with em. :lol: If I do this what ranges should I expect?

Thanks ~Zilla65

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:45 PM

65'. Check hobby shops for brass. If you use stefans you really should ude something like brass of cpvc though, i mean assuming your stefans fit in cpvc.

#3 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:53 AM

I just got a BBB, and I was wondering if I took out the restrictors if there is one that I need to keep, because I heard about keeping one in. I was also wondering if I could saw about and inch or so off the barrel, dremel out the 4 lines on the inside, remove the restrictors except for the one that I might possibly need, and hot glue a crayola barrel inside the original barrel. This probably wouldn't get as good as puting brass on, because brass is generaly better, and can be longer, but I can't find any anywhere including ACE. I believe the crayola barrel would be inside the original so I could shoot stefans, but the arrows at the same time. I know the arrows are pretty useless in wars but I like fooling around with em. :lol: If I do this what ranges should I expect?

Thanks ~Zilla65

http://nerfhaven.com...&hl=big bad bow

Good basic mod, with outstanding results, and a great haircut.

I dont recall anything about keeping an air restrictor, i think I took everything out.

No matter the barrel you decide on (i would also suggest looking at hobby shops for brass), remember that the BBB can get hungry when you charge it. Unless you have someting blocking it, it will eat up your stefans, which is just a pain. I found that for preventing that, a bit of music wire or even a piece of dental floss (or other small string) works well.

If you decide that you want a longer barrel, but still want to be able to fire the arrows, consider nesting your barrel in pvc (i think the arrows fit over 1/2 inch PVC, if not, nevermind).

Hope that helps.

-DA

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

I chose to drill out the round circular air restrictor, but I'm pretty sure you can get rid of it entirely. Arrows don’t fit over 1/2" PVC, but they do fit over AT2K pump tubes; also you can just wrap your barrel in e tape (if you use cpvc) until the arrow fits over that, that’s what I did.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

I chose to drill out the round circular air restrictor, but I'm pretty sure you can get rid of it entirely. Arrows don’t fit over 1/2" PVC, but they do fit over AT2K pump tubes; also you can just wrap your barrel in e tape (if you use cpvc) until the arrow fits over that, that’s what I did.

I took out the circular air restrictor, and my gun nearly blew itself apart when I fired it. The plunger seemed to bounce back and forth and tried to blow the front section of the barrel straight off the gun... but after I put the thing back in, it worked fine. This happened on all four of the BBB's I worked on; they worked best when I left it in there.

I also inserted a Crayola barrel into the original barrel of three off those BBB's and got similar ranges to sam with each of them.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#6 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:24 PM

I took out the circular air restrictor, and my gun nearly blew itself apart when I fired it. The plunger seemed to bounce back and forth and tried to blow the front section of the barrel straight off the gun... but after I put the thing back in, it worked fine. This happened on all four of the BBB's I worked on; they worked best when I left it in there.

I also inserted a Crayola barrel into the original barrel of three off those BBB's and got similar ranges to sam with each of them.

My situation with my BBB was identical. The circular restrictor helps to hold the plunger components in their place. Without it, your darts barely leave the barrel and you can literally hear the internals of your gun slide forward.

Drilling it would certainly make things easier, as long as the outer ring is kept intact.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#7 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hmh. Interesting. I opened mine up and took it all out and my BBB performs fine. Never had any trouble with pieces coming out or anything. Odd.

I say take it out and fire it a couple times, see whats going on. If its not working right, throw it back in there.

DA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users