Photo

Tank Expansion

2 replies to this topic

#1 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

you know how you put vinyl tubing in a 1/4 hole drilled in the sspb air tank well I was wondering if this works on any pump gun?
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#2 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

Yes, it would work on a pump gun, or any air gun with tank for that matter. When doing tank expansions on guns with air tanks that are Inside the shell of the gun, however, you have to account for the amount of space the vinyl tubing will be taking up inside the shell once the gun is all closed up again. The concept behind vinyl tubing tank expansions is simple: to increase the air pressure of the gun by expanding the tank. Simply drill the hole in the tank and glue on the vinyl tube. However, tank expansions put a LOT more pressure and force on the other, unmodded parts of the gun, (valves, etc.), so it becomes much easier to break your modded gun through over-pumping. :angry: My suggestion would be to leave the over-pressure release valve unplugged when doing a tank expansion.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

I say use a piece of PVC to lengthen the chamber, and either replace or somehow lengthen the firing pin. I prefer to do that over using vinyl tubing.

But yes, it will work on any pump gun.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users