Photo

Xp220

4 replies to this topic

#1 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

I had an XP220 super soaker laying around with a broken nozzle, so I decided to fool around with it a bit. All I have done so far is put a new barrel for Nerf Darts on, and it goes about twice the distance of a non modded newer nightfinder, which is fairly good in my opinion, but the good part about it is that if I pump say...............70-100 times, I have 4 shots before having to pump again. The only thing I don't like is the fact that if I bring it into a war i'll have to pump so many times, so I was wondering if I should just keep the air tank as it is, or make a smaller airtank out of PVC, so I can pump like 5 times and get good range, but not those extra 3 shots. Other than that i'll probably slap an AT2K turret on there.

~Zilla65

Edited by godzillasoaker65, 28 June 2006 - 07:27 AM.

#2 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

You definitely want to reduce that tank size, unless you are utilizing all of the air volume you have. When I modded a storm 2000 a while ago, I put on a really long barrel since it's such a waste to push so much air through a short barrel. Even with the long barrel, I cut the tank size in half, still keeping incredible ranges. I'd like to know the barrel length you're using, but my general advice is reduce the tank size.

On a side note, I'm posting from Japan. Woot!

#3 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

For a barrel all i'm using is a crayola barrel, cuz I can't seem to find any brass. I put the 2K turret on and there wasn't a decrease in range, but I am going to eventually make the air tank smaller. I'm not the best at doing stuff like that though. I was thinking of sawing the tank down(It's a pressurized resovoir incase no one knew), so that it is about twice the size of an AT2K air tank, and fill that with hot glue, and cover it with Epoxy. It's not the best idea, but it seems like it would work, except for the fact that I suck at making things air tight. I'm going to look for a topic I saw of someone modding a Max D, wich is very simmilar to an XP 220, and they did reduce the air tank. Thanks

~Zilla65

Edited by godzillasoaker65, 28 June 2006 - 04:03 PM.

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:40 PM

Wait, never mind I found a picture. Anyway I'd definately make the tank smaller.

Edited by sam, 29 June 2006 - 09:44 AM.

#5 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:01 AM

If you don't mind the size of the tank you have, you can always just put something solid in there and make sure it doesn't enter the rest of the gun. Something like plastic pellets or rocks comes to mind. It's an easy way to reduce the volume without worrying about being air-tight, as long as the material doesn't enter the valves or pipes.

After looking at pictures of the XP220 I realized that I've modded one before, though the results were very disappointing. It had to do with the trigger/valve which didn't open fast enough to let all the air out quickly. It's a squirt gun after all; it's supposed to release the pressure over time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users