it works...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:18 AM

The design of a revolver Maxshot is lacking in general. It has too many glitches, and with Armageddon 2006 fast approaching, Akai needs a more reliable blaster with (if possible) better ranges and accuracy.

Single barreleing it seemed the way to go. But with the slow rate of fire expected from any singled gun, something was still left to be desired. So a second back-end loaded breech barrel was made, and was attached alongside the first, but facing the opposite direction and offset so both barrels could be loaded from the back and put into the gun but still remain one piece. Both barrels were sleeved in PETG for dent prevention.

Next, two pieces of brass were selected for ammo holders, were flared at both ends for easy loading and unloading, and were crimped at the middle. This made an obstacle in the middle, so a dart could be inserted into each end of the ammo holder, so regardless of which barrel was in the gun at any given time, two darts would be facing the user, and two would be facing away.

The gun shoots as far and is as accurate as can be expected from a single-barreled maxshot. Ranges average from 85-95', and it's rate-of-fire and 0% misfire rate put it miles above the gun's previous setup.

He just doesn't know it yet.
At CAFF, the gun was starting to really piss both of us off. It's been inconsistent for quite some time. On a revolver maxshot, if the dart's too tight it won't leave the barrel. If it's too loose, it'll fall out while the user is running. I've seen half a revolverfull (or more) fall right out in the middle of a flag rush. NOT fun.

So when I told him on saturday that I'd take it home and see what I could do, he expected a seal improvement.

Sure hope he likes it...it's a little late now, lol.

But with a 5-10'~ish range increase and a big accuracy leap without really reducing the rate of fire much at all, I doubt if he'll mind :wink:

Oh, and it hasn't misfired yet. Which should never happen anyway. So problem solved.

Here's a main view of the gun:
Posted Image

Here's the barrel setup:
Posted Image

Edited by Falcon, 26 June 2006 - 03:20 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:42 AM

Prodigious.

Do your clan members ever pay you back for the custom/kickass blasters? They should repay/generously thank you because otherwise they'd be using banal unnoteworthy guns.
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#3 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:02 AM

Prodigious.

My thoughts exactly

Do your clan members ever pay you back for the custom/kickass blasters? They should repay/generously thank you because otherwise they'd be using banal unnoteworthy guns.

No, we don't pay him, mostly 'cause we're mostly High Schoolers with limited pocketbooks. Plus, he gets his kicks outta goofing off with the guns, so it works well for both parties... symbiotic relationship, methinks.

We do, however, generously thank him for his work.

And I think Akai will need to change his pants...
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:15 AM

So it's basically a kick ass staggered barrel set up with ammo holders? Also how long is the barrel and what did you use as a coupler?
Awesome mod as always.

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

Well, I use smaller barrels thean most. My stefans are converted stock dart tag darts, which are a perfect fit for 17/32" brass. So instead of nesting 17/32" in 9/16", I (typically) nest 1/2" in 17/32". However, the barrel for this particular little ditty is just a piece of 17/32'. It's about 5" long, and a little over 1/2" of the barrel is exposed for putting into the breech. I took a 3/4" long piece of an Airtech 2000 pump shaft and epoxied that over the stub remaining from the white piece coming out the front of the maxshot. AT2k pump shafts are what Bags uses for his UBS barrels, so thanks to him for the thought, though I didn't really steal the idea. Just something to hold my breech system. Inside that piece is a little longer than 1/2" long piece of 9/16" brass. It is flared at the front for easy insertion/removal of the barrel, and is crimped at the back to stop the barrel from going any further (and being slammed viciously by the maxshot's plunger head). The exposed brass stub at the back of the barrel (outside the PETG) goes straight into the 9/16" brass. No nesting was required.

Most of the Knights pay me. Akai paid Cxwq for this maxshot himself. I just do the mods and stuff for them. I suppose eventually I should charge these people for materials, but I had this stuff laying around/took it from his old setup, so it wasn't too big a dent in my pocket this time. Heck, the PETG I've had lying around forever...a 3' stick of it just waiting for something to do. While it was waiting, it served as an extralong sleeve barrel for my Single Titan, but hell, all I ever use that for is shutting up kids on the street asking "Why don't you just play paintball?" One dart whizzing by their heads going fast enough for a paintball park's chrony to start beeping tends to have an effect on such people... ;)

Edited by Falcon, 26 June 2006 - 01:25 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:58 AM

Build whatever you want. It still won't matter when we (the east coasters) arrive. You thought VACC was a badass? You simply have no idea!

</smack>

Edited by One Man Clan, 26 June 2006 - 11:58 AM.

I hate you.

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

Nice to hear from you too, buddy.

Granted, I'm not using this. But it doesn't matter. The gun doesn't make the player. The player makes the player.

By the way...does what you posted happen to suggest that VACC's coming too, but just hasn't posted yet?

And for the record, from what I hear, VACC's a teddy bear in person. Sorta like Spoon in real life versus his persona on the DBF comics...

Edited by Falcon, 26 June 2006 - 01:26 PM.

----------||||||||)

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

We are all a bunch of teddy bears really. The internet just makes it so much easier to talk shit from 3000 miles away.

As far as I know, the only east coasters coming out are Groove, Kulhscrank, and myself.
I hate you.

#9 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:47 PM

Wow.

Well, there's still two 1/2 weeks until then, so considering we haven't heard from Talio yet, I guess I shouldn't stop hoping for more yet.

I know this is the wrong topic for this, but have you heard from Talio or VACC about it, or is this just what you know over the forums?

We are all a bunch of teddy bears really. The internet just makes it so much easier to talk shit from 3000 miles away.

I know! Doesn't it? ;)

I think everybody's got a little personal build-a-bear in themselves somewhere. It just takes a big group get-together of foamy ass-kicking to bring it out. :lol:

Edited by Falcon, 26 June 2006 - 04:50 PM.

----------||||||||)

#10 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

Tell him to be careful with that bad boy, I don't know what happened with mine but one day it just wouldn't stay cocked. So I opened it up started taking it apart. The small off-white piece that keeps it cocked (looks like a check mark with a metal rod coming out of each side of the joint) snapped. I don't know how it happened, but I know one of my buddies was playing with it and he might have left it cocked. Bottom line, be careful.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

Just to set the record straigh, you west coast cock gluttons aren't gonna see me this year. I got a new job in the city about 3 weeks ago and I can't really take much time off for another few months. Next year I should have plenty of notice to make my return.

As far as the teddy bear thing goes, I'm sweet as pie in real life. That doesn't mean I won't pistol whip you, or put you in a stretch muffler, it just means I'll smile while I do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users