Photo

Blastfire "clip" Modification

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:47 AM

In light of the war I'm hosting today, I started checking over my arsenal yesterday to make sure that all of my guns were up to spec. As I was going over my coupler-modded BF, I realized I only had 4 of the 5 6" barrels I needed. Bored, I picked up a 6" tri-clip, which I use for my AT2Ks (for those of you unfamiliar with it, it is simply three 6" barrels glued and taped together in an alternating pattern so that while one is in the gun, The others can be reloaded.) and shoved it in the empty slot. Amused at how it fit, an idea came to me-use the same principle, but with my BF! I was dissapointed by the RoF, and means of reloading I currently had-after shooting all five rounds off, I had to take out each barrel, reload it, and then place them all back in. It took too long.

Posted Image

Here's my BF, with 5 regular 6" barrels. I'm not going to go into detail on how I modded it-I plugged the check valve, lubed the pump, and hacked off the barrels and put couplers on them.

Posted Image

Couplers, WOAH!

I went downstairs immediately and cut the six barrels I needed.

I lined up the barrels on the Blastfire so that they were fairly evenly spaced, then marked with a sharpie a point slightly farther than the front of the gun. This is where I would start to line up my other set of barrels.

Posted Image

I then glued on the first barrel.

Posted Image

Once it was cool, I removed it, and did this:

Posted Image

Putting a new barrel in the second slot, I flipped the peice I had just glued around, and then stuck it back in the couplers.

Posted Image

Glue...

I repeated this until I had the complete set of ten barrels. It took about 30 minutes. The reason I didn't just glue the barrels all on at once is that the spacing wouldn't have been correct for the couplers, and one set of barrels would have not fit in the gun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After I had the cooled clip, I reinforced it with some more glue, and then liberally applied duct tape as the final step.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have yet to war test it, but I will let you know later today.

Hope you enjoy,

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:26 AM

Wait... So before the round starts you load both sets of barrels, one set with stefans pointing twoard you, the other away from you. Then, once you fire all of one 'side', you just pull the whole assembly out and flip it over, and you've got a fully laoded BlastFire?

That's pretty damn cool! I might have to try that with one of our Hornets.

Very nice job. I like your idea of just flipping around the already glued piece and sticking it back in the couplers so that the spacing is consistant. Very nice.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#3 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

That's exactly right. And if you have already fired off one half of the Clip, while your waiting for targets, you can reload the other half.

It takes a lot more time to constantly flip and align, but it works for an altogether working product.

Glad you like it,

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

Nice! I just don't really like the duct tape.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

That is great. I have to do this to my unmodded Blastfire I have sitting around somewhere in the garage. I would probably prefer some colored electrical tape. Other than that looks great and I love the idea.

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:00 PM

Awesome idea. I had seen this done on small guns before like nightfinders and such but this is nice.
Duct tape does bring down the cosmetic side of any mod but other than that great job.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

I don't do modifications for the aesthetics, I do them for performance. I tested it in the war for a round, and got two kills. The BF itself had some leaking problems, but the clip worked nicely.

Halfway through, the glue holding two barrels died, but the duct tape kept it in place. I'll have to find a way to reinforce it more thoroughly, but other than that, it worked great.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

It's already been said but nice! I'm a big fan of new mods that haven't been done before.

Plumber's Goop is excellent for holding PVC and CPVC together. I used it for my 2k barrels when I used megas.

Really good job, dude! Reload's probably only about ten to fifteen seconds right?
SexD Warves

#9 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

shove it up yours duct tape holds the universe together.

Oh and nice mod love the duct tape.

Edited by sistermol, 25 June 2006 - 10:28 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

shove it up yours duct tape holds the universe together.

Oh and nice mod love the duct tape.

Uh-oh, time for somebody to take his riddalin!

People are allowed to have opinions. Just because he doesn't like duct tape as much as you do doesn't mean you have to be a dick to him. Just stop posting.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 25 June 2006 - 11:24 PM.

SexD Warves

#11 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

It's already been said but nice! I'm a big fan of new mods that haven't been done before.

Plumber's Goop is excellent for holding PVC and CPVC together. I used it for my 2k barrels when I used megas.

Really good job, dude! Reload's probably only about ten to fifteen seconds right?

Shut up. Don't talk/post. I don' t like the look of duct tape exposed. I know it is strong and stuff, I use it alll the time but I usually cover it up with E tape or something to make it look batter. I already said he did a nice job.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#12 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:45 AM

That's a really cool Idea. I'd like to do it to my Big Salvo but I'm not sure how. If I figure it out I'll post it. Again that looks really killer. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users