The things I will do the show!

5 replies to this topic

#1 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

I can't believe I did this. For all of you that may have read my user information, I am a member of the Rocky Horror Picture Show cast in Aberdeen, NJ that goes by the name of The Friday Nite Specials. I am known by the audience of the show for bringing in different Nerf guns to use as crowd control. It's rather amusing that aiming a toy gun at people to tell them to keep it down in the lobby (it's a very small lobby and since our show doesn't let in until midnight, there are other films still in their respective theaters) is more effective than a 6'6" man on cast named Ogre. I really think that if I went postal and brought in a real gun, no one would even notice or be afraid. But I disgress.

A couple of months ago, one of the girls on cast asked me if I had ever thought of shooting "alternate" ammo out of one of my Nerf guns. Now since I don't modify, this posed a big problem. I don't make or use Stefans nor do I own a single gun that has been modified. I am a collector and I just can't do it. Two weeks ago, I finally got my hands on a Sawtooth, unmodded and with all attachments included. The clips solved the problem since they have no air restrictors or pegs.

I know by now you are wondering what the "alternate" ammo was. I'm kind of embarassed to say it, but it was a request from the producer's girlfriend, Faith. They were OB Super Plus tampons. Yes, you read right, tampons. The cast is known for being rather insane, and this topped anything yet in my mind. What's worse was if you slightly moistened the back end of the "ammo", you got some decent ranges. We measured one shot angled at 35'. For a crazy show like Rocky, this is not only impressive, but a definite crowd-pleaser.

I figured this article belonged in General Nerf and I apologize to Shindig if it belongs somewhere else. Please let it be known to all that this is also not my first time posting something unusual. In fact, I have a few more posts to do today, but in two other sections.

Now I shall cross my fingers in the hopes that i am not assassinated by the nerfers for the unique use of a Nerf gun.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#2 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

May the gods of nerf have mercy on your pitifil soul for defiling a perfectly good sawtooth.......
Somewhere in a distant place a noob weaps. Did anybody even need to know this crap, I think my vocabulary has dropped by ten percent.

Mese----
Messy----
Meisr, aw screw it. :o :wacko:

Edit: Sorry for the outburst, i am running on a half an hour of sleep. But getting that thing to shoot 35' is kinda cool when you think about it because nobody probably has ever tried somthing like this before.

Edited by meiser5, 24 June 2006 - 03:23 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well, it's definately... interesting.

But hey, whatever pleases your audience. Just don't ever shoot me with one. I think this belongs in Off-Topic, but I suppose I'll let one of the older mods make that decision.

~ompa

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

Heh...considering that it was for Rocky, I was half expecting you to be shooting rice, or birthday streamers or something...you caught me completely off guard with that one. You got a grin out of me.

You aren't "moistening" them with, like, fruit punch, are you?
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

Meiser, shut the hell up.

I don't think any (reasonable) members will crucify you for this, I think it's pretty cool. It's always fun to experiment and try shooting different things out of guns, and Nerf guns are no exception.

But...tampons? That's just a little weird, but pretty neat. 35' is pretty good for something that big. May I ask what gun that shot was from?
SexD Warves

#6 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:35 PM

ompa: I thought of putting it in Off-Topic, but it does have to do with Nerf guns and I always though Off-Topic was mre for mindless ramblings that have nothing to do with foam and plastic guilty pleasures. Don't worry you would never be a target. It was a one-night special event anyways.

carbon: The rice gun is actually in the works, slowly but surely.

NerfMonkey: They were shot from a Sawtooth. Believe me, the idea was quite weird, but last night at the show was a very special event and we decided to give the audience a visual they would never forget. And thank you for the defense, whcih leads me to this.

Mesier5: Where do you get off calling me pitiful!?! I did not defile the gun in any way. I am a colector. In my eyes, I would not have done this if it was going to harm the gun in any way. I do not modify at all (except for the forum I have in the mods section, but that is once again for the show), so this next comment is in no way meant to belittle the people on NH that are rather accomplished modders. In fact I'm very impressed with some of the mods that I have seen and jealous that I don't have the same skills. It's just not the life for me.

I considering it defiling a gun to modify. Like I said before, I am not a modder. This is not a slap in the face to anyone here that I consider a good person, which is nearly everyone. I am a collector and a purist when it comes to Nerf guns. When I buy from people on NH, I ask them if the gun has been modified in any way, ompa can attest to that. I just like the guns the way they were built, even if they suck. If I ever sell my collection off, I would hope the poeple who purchase them from me would leave them true, but I would understand if they modded them.

Edit: Apology accepted Meiser.

Edited by badger, 24 June 2006 - 03:40 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users