Searching For Kick Ass Guns (non- Nerf)

non-nerf meaning to begin with not being nerf

24 replies to this topic

#1 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:04 AM

OK, so, after reading "my baby" in the... umm... well... I guess.. umm... oh screw it, it uses a lazer tag blaster that (as far as I know) cartoon and another guy have made into nerf. I wanted to find some other type of guns that could have good capability when turned into nerf.
SO, if you have NON NERF- sweet, kick ass looking guns that you either have or have not converted, then post em' here.
if possible, include some fourm of ranges, things you used in that guns making, stuff.

PLEASE NO DESCRIPTIONS WITHOUT PICS!!!! (if you have a pic or name of the gun, just regualr though, that's ok! I guess...)

thank you :D have a cookie if you have posted something here

Edited by Powersniper{}, 20 June 2006 - 03:15 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image
Pump action shotgun. Non nerf 103' max. average 98-100'

My super soaker. here is the before.
Posted Image

And here is after.
Posted Image

50 pumps. threaded coupler in base. 15" barrel. average 150' Dark red paintjob. Very accurate.
RIP.
Murderer: Jigaloo silicon lubricant. Clogged up firing valve after lubricant hardened into gooey pulpy mess.
Aftermath. After finding another broken supersoaker like this one I gutted some parts here and there and have a functional new one. 2% of the deceased lives on in a new supersoaker nerf rifle.

I had also modded one of these.
Posted Image
K-modded, water restrictors taken out, check valve frozen, fixed broken trigger.
Results range probably around 130-170' (never range tested but fired it inside.) 25 pumps.
Project abandoned due to many complications with leaks,extremely hard trigger pull, holes in shell and overall size. This thing is 3/4 of a Titans size but heavier.

I know it is against the rules of the the thread but I just want to say. Do not try and modifiy a stink blaster it will end poorly. Also dont mod a water warriors cricket. It is a ball valve which means garbage range.

Powersniper. If you see a gun that either works with a spring plunger or an air tank then pick it up and try to modify it shoot nerf. Taking non nerf guns and making them nerf guns can be very frustrating. But well rewarding if you know you were the first to do a certain gun. So take a chance and lets see you put something on this page!
I think starbuck also has that water pistol with the double spring. That was non nerf.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 20 June 2006 - 02:45 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#3 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:36 AM

I took one of these-
http://www.etoys.com...217346&_ts=A001
took out the crap inside it, put a home made gun in it, and if you look/ read it that handle in front slides back... I made that the cocking mech. and now i'm working on making that removable thing on top either into a clip, or just ditch it and make that spot be for a scop. This thing doesn't get the best range... But it's only $5 bucks so who cares?!?!?!

Forsaken dude, don't worry about me. I have been known to loose my temper, but usually (when it comes to nerf) i have all the time, and paitiants in the word. Now for spelling... well... you don't wanna go there....

Edited by Powersniper{}, 20 June 2006 - 03:46 AM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#4 roadrunner

roadrunner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:15 AM

I have not converted any of these because I do not live in the Uk so I can not buy it.

Pumpaction Shotgun
Fireball gun

Edited by roadrunner, 20 June 2006 - 10:15 AM.

#5 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

My friend modifyed a flash flood, gets pretty good range.

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Fireball gun

This thing looks like it has some promise. How do you know you have to live in the Uk to order one of these?
12-14 meter range with balls?
My pump action shotgun only had a range of maybe 5 meters with balls and it gets around 100' with stefans.
Imagine what something with twice the power could do. When I get my credit card I will order one of these.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#7 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

I'm pretty sure an airzooka can be modified into a nerf gun. If it can fire a rather large blast of air 30' away then it should be able to fire stefans a good deal away. Considering that it moves about 1,800 cubic inches (if I did my math right) of air at a speed a little slower than a BBB plunger, it would probably get SM5K ranges. Oh, and all that would be needed to be done is attach a funnel to th air output and connect a nested brass barell to it.

Airzooka Description

Megazooka Description

Edited by Shadow 92, 21 June 2006 - 01:44 PM.

#8 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:33 AM

acually, yes shadow 92, when modded correctly. The airzooka can get monster ranges (in therory). This does however take a lot of time, paitents, and just over all skill. you need to focus all that air into a barrel.
http://sillyasstoys....EWPROD&ProdID=5
but, I know how and my friend has done this and, although not the most acuarte- it can get good ranges.

I'm going to get one soon and do this. But just becuase i'm doing one doesn't mean you shouldn't. If I mess up on this and it get's crap range, then it could just mean that i messed up.

basicaly, if you don't have a funnel, you can use card bored, construction paper, anything that you feel confurtable using and you can shape easily. then take some 1/2 in PVC, some brass, anytihng (again) that you feel comfutable and would get a good type of loose-ish seal. Make sure the dart can slid easily, not like the triditional tight fitting. glue/tape it all together, pull back the firing thing, and hope for the best!

that's how he did it. but i might go somewhere else with it when i get one...

Edited by Powersniper{}, 21 June 2006 - 01:45 AM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#9 roadrunner

roadrunner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:01 AM

How do you know you have to live in the Uk to order one of these?

Well you do not have to live in the Uk but Shipping to the U.S. would be a real pain for me. But yeah if someone could convert that to shoot stefans it looks like you could have a very reliable five shot pump action gun.

Edited by roadrunner, 21 June 2006 - 08:04 AM.

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

Due to a request. I will explain more in depth as to what I did to the super soaker.

K- modding is when you take balloons and wrap them over the guns bladder. This gun has a bladder like a really thick balloon. 50 balloons later and she can hold more pressure.
Posted Image

Water restrictors. Imagine air restrictors but for water. They are in the front of the nozzle. There were alot on this gun. There was 2 honeycomb looking peices restricting waters flow there was a spring in between them and finally a metal mesh. I am sure these are also used so a chunk of tiny metal doesnt blind some poor kid.

Check valve freezeing is basically plugging the over pressure release valve but you need to do some cutting epoxying for this thing to work. You cut inbetween two sections of plastic tubing and pl;ug them with a screw or anything else. Then epoxy it up.
Posted Image

The green arrow is pointing to the pump shaft and the red lines indicate where the tube was.
Inside that tube was an Rubber washer and a pole with a spring on it. When the pressure built up too high the washer would be pushed back on the spring and air would be released.

This is the culprit I was talking about.
Posted Image
This thing would also blow a big puff of air but with stink thats all.
I did so many thing to modify this thing but nothing would give, I was able to shoot a stock dart 30 feet. I was also able to shoot a stefan 30 feet, But thats it and here is the answer

This this is why the stink gun and soon to be the airzooka are going to fail. Sure they spit alot of air but they cannot handle the pressure. The pressure will build up slightly but then push the dart out slowly. It cant generate the same kind of pressure a good old fashioned spring can.

With guns like these, It is safe to say, their slightly different plungers aren't going to be strong enough.

500th post! Wow

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 21 June 2006 - 10:26 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#11 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

I'm suprized that no one has put the lazer tag gun that is a farly new topic and seems to be way fucking powerful on this one yet... so here's the like for it...
http://nerfhaven.com...6772&hl=my baby
.....I still can see how it can get a stefan through an empty soda can.....

Edited by Powersniper{}, 21 June 2006 - 03:25 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#12 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

I'm someone did post it. YOU DID!

#13 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

god Z80 dude, you don't think I know that??? i was suprized that know one had, so i put it up! dumbass....

all of the super soakers from habro that you pump up and fire with a trigger, are good ones to make into nerf. Infact, you really can just slap on a barrel to one, don't fill it with water, pump it up like 5-100 times, and there you go. There's not pressure release thing cuz it's ammo is water.
good ones to mod--
Triple strike-- http://www.hasbrotoy...ID=16032&BR=605
Flash flood-- http://www.hasbrotoy...5&ID=17451&PG=1
Arctic shock- http://www.hasbrotoy...5&ID=17452&PG=1
Oozinator-- http://www.hasbrotoy...5&ID=17359&PG=1
Defender-- http://www.hasbrotoy...5&ID=17356&PG=1

the triple strike, good ranges, just take off the turret that lets you choose from 3 different water nozzle types, put a brass barrel where the O ring is around the valve (take the O ring off first). Shove on some 1/2 in. PVC pipe on the brass and at 10 pumps you can get 70' (with more pumps comes more feet and power. if barrels on straight, the gun remains acuarrate up to 100 pumps... and that should get you around... uhh... 140').
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#14 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

No, you posted it in the first post. Then asked later why no one had mentioned it.

#15 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:23 PM

OH SHIT! I did :blink: .... umm... sorry about that, I'm a dipshit :blush: ... hmm, kind a weird. there's not many guns that you can find that you can mod into nerf... I mean without extenive searching or just being lucky and finding one like in a dollar store...
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:26 PM

Actually, you could probably modify every paintball and supersoaker into a nerf gun. It's just a matter of how much time and money you want to waste to do so. Of course, using moderately-priced to expensive paintball guns for use to turn into nerf guns will just make you look like an idiot. I've heard of 2 successful paintball-to-nerf conversions, both using I believe the Brass Eagle Talon.

~ompa

#17 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

That is true, but I think it would be better if we hadpics of some of them up, instead of just saying that you can almost everyone (true as it may be). Also, I think it would be more helpful to others if you had pics, names, mods, and ranges so they don't just go buy some gun, mess it up, and have wasted like $.88-20 bucks on a gun that wouldn't have worked anyways... (or it could be that when the gun is modded, it's wores...).
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#18 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

powersniper correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the trigger is real and I was wondering if someone could make the water ball blasters into a nerf gun because starbuck said that the kilroy magnum was a spring loaded water gun that shot blobs of water.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#19 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

acually a couple days ago I tried to mod my "water ball" water gun thing... and I need more supplys. I mean you can, just instead of making it so that the part that shoots water out of into a plaunger, and put a barrel on it... I havn't tried this yet so... I think it needs to be banded or a better spring.

What are you talking about with the trigger? I don't know where you got the question from... Anyways...

I wouldn't recomend trying to mod a water ball gun. Very hard and mey need extensive work...

Edited by Powersniper{}, 23 June 2006 - 03:07 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#20 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

on the defender sorry I forgot to post that.

#21 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

There are pictures. Here's one of the sites that alot of people reference when talking about turning paintball guns into nerf guns. Link

However, it's not often done simply because you end up with a waste of money. For the price, you might as well build your own gun, or buy a high-powered gun like an SM5k off ebay. As I said, Brass Eagle makes cheap guns that you can use. Yakman said his conversion got around 80', I believe I've heard of a similar gun getting 80-100'. I'd search for it, but I really don't feel like digging through all the paintball topics. After seeing the first page full of "Do you paintball???" topics after I searched, I just decided to give up on finding the conversion threads.

And with any gun you buy or mod, there's always a risk that you'll screw it up. If a very gripping fear that you will screw up modding an expensive gun is worrying you, don't mod the gun. Start simple, and then work with the more advanced guns.

Don't even bother asking for ranges. It's all dependent on your dart/barrel fit, so with your darts you may have different results from someone else using different darts. Whenever you see ranges posted, don't expect to get those exact same ranges when you mod the gun in the way specified. Usually ranges are posted simply to show what someone can do with THEIR darts and gun(s), not what everybody else will get.

~ompa

#22 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

ompa not trying to be disrespectful but the defender is a water gun.

#23 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

It may not be (a real trigger), and he was just replying to me from before... I guess...
I don't actuially have any of those super soakers (well... the triple shot i do...). So they might be bad or good or... I dunno...

OH, i finaly got that lazer tag thing, and i added a foot long-ish barrel and shot a DT dart like 230'!!!!! I think I had some good wind or something... But howmuch did you guys get yours for? I got mine foor $20.00 and was wondering if I got ripped...

Edited by Powersniper{}, 23 June 2006 - 10:20 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#24 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

shot a DT dart like 230'!!!!! I got mine foor $20.00 and was wondering if I got ripped...

If you bought a gun that can convvert to nerf and can shoot a dart 230', you didnt get ripped. Are you sure it wasnt angled. A stock dart at 230' is pretty unbeleivable even with good wind.

For the record though I see these things in stores for like $50 here in canada. In other words No you did not get ripped.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:03 AM

Powersniper, you got a good deal on the gun.

Sistermol, I wasn't even talking about the defender. I was actually responding to Powersniper's post about pics and mods. I don't actually think I had any intent to reference the defender at all.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users