Photo

Charlotte, Nc Area Nerf-out

11 replies to this topic

#1 Reaper

Reaper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone live in or around Charlotte, NC? I'm hoping to set up a Nerf-Out at some point in the next two weeks. It'd probably be pretty small - only six people are a lock. Oh well...gotta keep Nerfin'. Post or PM if you have any interest whatsoever in pwning a bunch of noobs.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:13 AM

If you ever have anything going in the Fall or Spring, I will try to find time to drive down there from Virginia Tech.

Good luck planning the war.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:20 AM

Me and 2 others at nhq have been wanting to have a war for a while. I can probably bring 2 or 3 friends, not including myself. Yourworstnightmare lives up in virginia, so does boltsniper. I doubt any of them has the time for a war. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

#4 Reaper

Reaper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

Cool guys, thanks. I am very new to the sport, as are the people I play with. I was actually hoping that someone might be able to give me a few tips on gun-modding? I've read several articles here on NH, but the only ones we really have are Nitefinders and Mavericks...Any ideas?

Edited by Reaper, 18 June 2006 - 07:48 PM.

#5 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

Cool guys, thanks. I am very new to the sport, as are the people I play with.

Well then, you will be a sitting duck! My friends that will probably be coming with me have only played about 10 times. They know how to play but their not very skill-full. I suggest that you get a Big Bad Bow from toys r us and mod it. I will be bringing my modded BBB and Maxshot. I will also bring a couple NF's for sidearms. You need to be prepared more for this war. I won't have anything extra in case something breaks or something. I will probably only have enough stefans for me and my member peoples.

#6 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

I might be able to come I live in gastonia and have been waiting for someone to come down here in N.C.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#7 Reaper

Reaper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:08 AM

:D Deepest apologies, guys. The owner of the building and grounds I was going to be using said I was free to use the property, but it was rented for a wedding reception, and I had to cancel. I would still love to play with you all, but at this time I am incapacitated in terms of actually having a location. Again, my apologies if I have ruined any plans. Next time I will make absolutely sure before I bother anyone on the boards.

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, just ask in advance next time and ask for a few weekends to see if they're free so everyone has some options to choose from as far as dates are concerned.

I live near Boltsniper in VA, so we might be able to attend, but it's gonna be close to a 5 hour commute for us I think.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

Well first we have to have an official place to play. I think somewhere near the border-line should make a great spot. I might know of a couple places that I could see are available. Also, there are a couple of places in Greensboro that might look interesting. Like a small park near my grandma's house!

#10 Reaper

Reaper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

Wait, the Virginia border-line or the South Carolina border-line? Commuting for me is not a HUGE issue, but I can't do an entire 5 hours worth of driving...Puggy, you don't happen to have any pics of the park, do you? Or maybe at least a description?

#11 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

The Virginia border-line. I can get pics of the park pretty soon. I don't even know if we can use the park, it was just an idea.

Well, the park is pretty small. It's got a few large trees, a creek with a bunch of small bushes and small trees. Of course, it has a playground area. A few benches. Some swings, a merry-go-round, some slides. Well I guess thats it.. I'm sure that there is a better location. I'm just putting ideas out there.

#12 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

reaper come down to gastonia and drive around cause we have a playground at martha rivers park let me see if I can get pics.

http://www.cityofgas.../recreation.cfm

the pictures of the castle thing are the playground.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users