Photo

Nite Finder Mod

16 replies to this topic

#1 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

First I would like to say that I'm sorry I can't post a picture yet because my camera broke and it hasn't returned from the shop yet.

I have one question. Is 50' flat a good range? I haven't tried it at an angle.

I did the basic mods for it such as an improved spring, knocking out the air restrictor, put glue and electical tape around the parts of the barrel that needed a better seal. I also put teflon tape around the plunger.

Then I cut out the "laser" LED housing and the dart holders. I glued cardboard onto the holes and covered that with electical tape. Then I took the piece that housed the lens of the "laser" and glued that to the bottom of the front. I took the 4 pieces of the dart holder and glued them in a line. Then I glued one end of that to the lens housing and put supports around it so it was not flimsy. The dart holder holds 8 darts. I can unscrew the lens housing to take off the dart holder. This is probably a bad explanation but I will take a picture when I have my camera back.

I also lengthened the barrel with 1/2" CPVC

Edited by Paragon, 19 June 2006 - 02:56 PM.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

50' flat is a good range. I get around 65' banded. If you band your NF it will get around 10 feet more.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

I have an NF that is almost completly silent and get's 40'... I don't know what I did to it but if I try to band it, it get worse range :wacko: ... Is that right?
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#4 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:53 PM

I tried mine banded and it got about 10' less

#5 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:17 AM

Oh, sweet, It's not just me... YAY :) ... any ideas on how to make it get more instead of less?
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#6 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

I think you have to make sure the bands aren't bending the plunger handle up, or down, so just try to put a few bands with force pushing the handle down and some up, and eventually it will balance. I'm not sure if it'll work, but it will cause a little friction with the plunger hiting the sides.

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

Guys, it's not that hard. If you put bands on your NF's plunger and it gets 10' less there's something wrong. Generally bands on a gun will improve range. You're doing something wrong.

Don't worry so much about range. Even if your NF only gets 40' flat, who cares? It really doesn't matter when you use it whether it gets 40' or 70, so why bother measuring its exact range and then saying "oh shit, I used to be happy with this gun, but So-and-So's gun gets 70' and mine only gets 45!"

Give it a new barrel with a material that fits your darts, use Stefans, add some bands and be done. That's all you can really do besides wrapping the plunger head in e-tape, which will help the range a bit.
SexD Warves

#8 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

Guys, it's not that hard. If you put bands on your NF's plunger and it gets 10' less there's something wrong. Generally bands on a gun will improve range. You're doing something wrong.

Don't worry so much about range. Even if your NF only gets 40' flat, who cares? It really doesn't matter when you use it whether it gets 40' or 70, so why bother measuring its exact range and then saying "oh shit, I used to be happy with this gun, but So-and-So's gun gets 70' and mine only gets 45!"

Give it a new barrel with a material that fits your darts, use Stefans, add some bands and be done. That's all you can really do besides wrapping the plunger head in e-tape, which will help the range a bit.

Well said. Putting a bit stronger spring and doing a barrel replacement is all you really need. It is amazing how many people make threads about how their Nitefinders don't work. The Nitefinder is probably the post simple gun. If you can't mod it, that is pretty sad. And if you get 10' with it banded, you seriously need help.

#9 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

Who the **** said anything about making a thread just saying that their gun only gets 10' banded? Cause I sure as hell didn't. And hey... this is my thread. How about you try reading the first post in the thread to see what its about before you start bitching. This thread is about my gun. Which gets 50' flat by the way. So, how about you find a thread where someone is complaining about how they can't mod a nite finder right and bitch at them.

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:34 AM

Ooops, disregard this post. I misunderstood.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 19 June 2006 - 10:58 AM.

SexD Warves

#11 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

I was talking about Ryan201821.

By the way, its "censor" not "sensor".

Edited by Paragon, 19 June 2006 - 10:50 AM.

#12 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:49 PM

got my camera back

Posted Image

I realize the barrel looks crooked, it is something funny with this angle because I've looked at it over and over and its not actually crooked.

Edited by Paragon, 21 June 2006 - 05:56 PM.

#13 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

Wait did you cut off the stock barrel? Looks like you just glued some cpvc on the front. Also, that peice of cpvc looks way too long.

#14 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

YOur problem is that your barrel is WAY TOO LONG.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#15 Paragon

Paragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

It goes farther now. The dart hits where the laser points. I'll put a short (2-3") CPVC barrel on it later.

#16 snip3r

snip3r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

I just took the air restrictors out of mine and it did not do anything to perfomanc, just made it louder.
guess who made waffles! thems made of soap and bubbles:D-invader zim qoute

#17 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

Give the Main Spring a good stretch, that'll help. Air Restrictor removal mostly just keeps the restrictor from pushing out darts that may not fit tightly enough. Personally, I like the loudness, it's more intimidating I think.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users