Petrie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

I got open my magstrike today so tell me what you think

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Petrie, 14 July 2006 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Ha, It looks exactly like a pc bladder cept the hose clamps and shit are white instead of yellow. O well, it's still a kick ass gun.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

Awesome, looks almost exactly like a PC, just rearranged. Could you take some pictures of the front and the back of the clips?

#4 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

Those are more or less exactly PC internals, I wonder if we can get the clips to be interchangeable.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#5 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Petrie!

I wonder what kind of mods can be done here.
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#6 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Petrie!

I wonder what kind of mods can be done here.

Well I guess we can band the bladder and plug the pump. Other than that I don't know.

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:59 PM

Gut a few RF20's, take their bladders, hook them up, and make a backpack mod. Poof, you have an automatic that can go through (assuming this can go through 2 clips, and the RF20 bladder is bigger, and you have terrible reflexes) 6-7 clips.

~ompa

#8 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

Stupid endcaps. Looks like you had to force yours too. Well, I'm glad that someone finally got the internals up, so all those who didn't want to spend the extra $9 to get one from Walmart early.

I haven't been able to come up with any mods for it other than bands on the bladder (Which, oddly enough, didn't affect performance at all) and drilling out the restirctors.

Also, with a little filing/sanding it looks like Magstrike and PC mags can be made interchangable. I'll verify that after I get back from Karate: we've got a tournament and I have to leave in five minutes.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#9 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are some pics of the clip, the pic of the back of the clip is not present but it resembles the powerclip almost exactly.

Meiser--- :w00t:
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#10 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

MAGSTRIKE AND POWERCLIP MAGS ARE INTERCHANGABLE!!!

I had to get that out of my system.

Now, onto the goodness.

On the lower side of the picture meiser just posted, the side with the belt-clip, there is a little ridge that keeps the magazine from going off course during loading. It isn't really needed, so go ahead and file it off. Now, there are six screws on the head of the magazine. Unsrew them, and the belt-clip should fall off. Either put the top back on without the belt-clip, or leave it off. Your Magstrike clips can now be used in a Magstrike, or a Powerclip.

Now, onto the Powerclip. On the side of the magazine without the advancing teeth, there is a little ridge that keeps the clip straight during loading, just like the Magstrike. It's on the same side as the Magstrike's, but it's father to the front. File that down, and your Powerclip mag can be used in a Powerclip, or a Magstrike.

This is my new Official Favorite Gun: I now have 6 mags for the Magstrike (4 Powerclip, 2 Magstrike)! It also holds a lot of air, and may be able to hold even more (I'm not sure if I could fit a RF20 bladder in the casing without too much destruction) . It's also very comfortable, and shoulders well. The big pump tube is perfect to fit a new, more efficient pump in. And, the gun looks so damn cool.

Not really an EDIT, but it's soemthing I just found out while typing this: 17/32" brass fits perfectly in the magstrike mag! It fits in all but the last 1/4" of the mag, which restricts a bit to hold the darts securley. At least I think this scrap is 17/32". It might be 1/2". No, it's 17/32".

So, yeah. I now love this gun. It's great. I'm definatley using this at Apoc!

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

#11 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

Anyone attempt to make a solid tank? We could overpressurize it like crazy for way more than 2 clips that way. Look at some pneumatic pumpkin shooters. They handle up to 400psi with certain types of pvc.

Hell, we could put a regulated paintball tank on there at that rate, lol. It already immitates paintball form with a double trigger, top loading ammo, and "air tank".

#12 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

Magstrike and powerclip clips are interchangeable and here is why...

Posted Image
If you take the belt clip out and,
Posted Image
scrape away the guideline on the end of the clip, the clip will match almost exactly (except for the top) with the PC clip.

Here are some more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for my fugly feet being in the pic.

And one final pic of the clip in the gun...

Meiser---- :w00t:

Posted Image
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#13 Petrie

Petrie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

With the stock magstrike i have not been able to shoot more than one mag on the max of twenty pumps, it my be because of my timing or the restricrions of the gun but I have yet to get two mags off

Edited by Petrie, 14 July 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#14 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:52 PM

As I suspected, a PowerClip in new casing. It's great.

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:28 AM

Is the plunger assembly accessable? in other words, can you get to the spring or is it epoxied shut?

If you can you should be able to add a 1/4" in length 1/2" in diameter ring of cpvc behind the spring making more air pressure to build up in the chamber before it is released. I did this with a RF20. Its shoots farther but fires slower. By adding some bike tubing to the bladder it should force air in faster increasing ROF. You would also need to extend the bladder so it holds more air. When I get my magstrike I will attempt this. I just want to know if you can get to the spring like the RF20 or if you would be greatly risking breaking the gun like wildfire.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#16 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

Is the plunger assembly accessable? in other words, can you get to the spring or is it epoxied shut?

I haven't tried, but since these are basically the exact same internals as a PC, if you can do it to a powerclip, you can do it to a Magstrike.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

#17 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Awsome!

I'm going to the mall tomorrow. I'll see if I can find one. It's great to hear that you can use PC clips in Magstrikes and Magstrike clips in PCs with a little modification. If I get one, I'll have three clips, yay! (Darn you, Pat, lol). Thanks for the info.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#18 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:37 PM

I am guessing the value of the PC and it's clips especially are going down..

Should have sold them when I had the chance. By the way..Did Hasbro say they were going to make extra clips available for sale?

#19 SgtSniper

SgtSniper

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

This sucks. I'm stuck in hicksville (Alabama), and you guys are half way to modding these things. They dont have these at any toy store here in Birmingham.

#20 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

Hmmm...this may just be the first gun I'll invest in since my NiteFinder. As said, it looks very much like a PC, and the only difference I can see is that this might even be easier to put back together after tampering. Looks tempting.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#21 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

Does anybody know if PETG will also fit it the magazines just like the 17/32 brass.

P.S.- I just ordered one, yay!
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#22 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

Does anybody know if PETG will also fit it the magazines just like the 17/32 brass.

P.S.- I just ordered one, yay!

I'd guess no, 17/32 brass is a hell of a lot smaller than PETG.

#23 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:22 PM

Ok because I was going to get some but, I didn't know if it would fit.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#24 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:02 AM

The PETG from McMaster-Carr is 5/8" OD. That is the smallest I've seen around. The only way you could get PETG in the clip was it you dremeled out the holes and "nested" the clip with PETG. I don't think nested is the right term but you know what I mean.

#25 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:58 AM

Does any one know if the magstrike is available in MA? I'm ghey and need to express myself with a different font.
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users