Photo

Reinforcing Nf Internals

6 replies to this topic

#1 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:12 AM

Well I recently bought some really strong springs, and I decided to put one in my NiteFinder. Everything held up when I was testing but when I went into war, I pull back on the handle; ka ding, It came out. I went inside and switched the piece you pull back, and that held up for a while too, but again broke in battle. Basicly what I mean is the piece you pull to cock the NF, had too much force on it, and just ripped the screw holding the piece with the O-ring out. If anyone has anyways to fix this, or suggest any other way to reinforce NF internals it will be highly aprecieated. I have only come up with one idea so far, but I'm not sure if it'll work. First I was going to cut a tiny square of sheet metal, and Epoxy it over where you put the screw in, and drill a smaller hole in the metal than there was before, so that the screw will not rip out.

~Zilla65

#2 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:51 AM

You can glue the plunger head (O-ring holder) onto the shaft (cocker). Squirt the adheisive onto the bottom of the plunger (in the little section that goes over the area that connects it and the plunger) and then screw it on as usual. It's hard to explain without pictures, I'm trying my best, sorry.

I did the same and its holding nicely. You might want to try something holds stronger though, it's your call.
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#3 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

I tried "pimping" my NF awhile back also. The thing about these guns is that you shouldn't try to do much more than barreling and taking out air restriction. Nfs were not made for massive mods. The guns are however good enough that you don’t need a massive mod for them to perform really well.

I would put the old spring back in and try epoxying the crap out of the front. When using the epoxy be careful not to mess up and wreck your gun more. I mean like filling the whole where the screw came out of and putting the screw into that (making a mod with epoxy). That should work, if it broken how I think it is. If not this may not help. If you could post a picture of your plunger (where its broken) I can let you know if this will work. Also other members will be able to suggest alterative methods of fixing it.

Edit: wrax, Epoxy is the answer for strength in glue. I will warn you it smells like dead fish left in the dump for a week that someone shit on.

Edited by CaMbLaM, 13 June 2006 - 11:03 AM.

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

i recently upgraded my NFs with #49 springs and they are holding up excellently. All though I dont think they could handle much more than this. Carrtoon's NFs all have huge springs and also seem to hold up pretty well. Only one of his plunger heads have fallen off, and he just replaced the screw that holds it on with a slightly bigger one.

#5 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

My brother's NF did the same thing... I recently bought a brand new NF, but this time I epoxied the connection of the shaft to the plunger head. No problems yet...
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#6 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

I think for now I will try a bigger screw, but if that doesn't work i'll try epoxy. The only reason i'm not trying epoxy first is because I fool around with my NFs alot and I might try and put a better spring in eventually. What I'm really aiming for with my NF is the power that carrtoon has in his. BTW, cartoon where did you get your spring, and what number is it? Well i'll post what happens later.

~Zilla65

#7 Enigma

Enigma

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:59 PM

Depending on what you have available, you might be able to try a large piece of steel keystock, drill and tap the one end, and weld a ring onto the other. Then again, most people around here don't have that kind of stuff. But, there may be a machine shop in your area that could help you.
Some people say I'm horrible, but in reality, I have the heart of a little boy... in a jar on my desk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users