Photo

Thinking About A Nerf Bomb

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hello, as the title says I have been thinking about making a nerf bomb, not a grenade but a bomb. This is not an easy thing to make without using some kind of explosive like gunpowder or TNT (lol) which for obvious reasons would not be useable. One of the best nerf grenades that I have come into contact with are the film canister-rubber band grenades which work well. This could easily be done on a larger scale such as useing some buckets, a big piece of cardboard, and a bungee cord or two. However this would be unlickely to acually work because it would be tricky to throw this big bucket thing correctly and to have it "explode" in the way that is wanted. The only other thing that I can think of that would come close to being bomb-like would be a wepon with many barrels pointing in all directions that would somehow all be connected to a valve that would then be connected to a pressurized tank and upon opening the valve all of the bullets in the many barrels would be sent flying in all directions. I know that both of these ideas have many flaws and that is exactly why I posted them here.

Tell me if this idea is completely stupid or if it has been done before and im just a noob and didnt search right. Share any more ideas about this that you may have or tell me how I could get some of my ideas to be more proabable. All help is aprreciated

(sorry if grammer and stuff is crumy, I tried)
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#2 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

Er. Well. Most of the nerf combat I do is with...nerf guns. Though a bomb of sorts might be fun to make for kicks (in which case go for it, it should be interesting), it lacks a practical use. While you might be able to use a grenade in a war, a bomb is a bit much. I mean, when in a war are you going to use a bomb? Unless you made a nerf airplane that can drop them...that'd be cool.

So my advice is go for it, have fun making something that can fire off tons of foam in all directions, but don't anticipate ever really using it.

-DA

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

You know, you wouldn't have to have a valve for each individual bullet. If the middle part would be airtight enough to be an airtank anyways, then you could just have invidual air tanks you attach up to the bullet part. Say, a CO2 cartridge. That actually may not be a bad idea.

See, start with some kind of a ball. I dunno where you'd get it. Maybe take a rubber air tank out of an old squirt gun. Attach you barrels to that. Make many.

Then figure a way to completely open a CO2 cartridge into the rubber ball thing. Then all you'd have to do would be to attach your cartridge valve thing to the rubber ball thing and pull the trigger. Put in another CO2 cartridge, grab another rubber ball thing (or just reload the old one) and do it again.

That's how I interpreted that particular idea.

Would a CO2 cartridge work (enough pressure?)? Otherwise I guess you could just get an At2k and enlarge the air tank (just swap the goo tube with two endcaps goop'd together) (bigger air tank would allow you to shoot all those darts), and hook that up instead of your CO2 cartridge thing.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

I dont see why a ruber airtank would be neccisary just use some big pvc as the tank and attach many barrels. As far as weather or not CO2 would work I think that it probably would because CO2 cartriges run at an extremly high PSI and so it would easily pressurize the size tank I am thinking of. I would use a CO2 adapter in order to transfer the presure from the cartrige to the tank. I have thought of another problem, it would be dumb to have to be anywhere near the thing when you fire so in order to make a succesfull "bomb" I would have to probably figure out a way to set it off from a distance to avoid being hit with many bullets and expieriencing much pain.

Edited by Sponge_Nerfer, 23 June 2006 - 07:00 PM.

When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users