#1 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:41 PM

Alright guys, here's the deal:

Where: Mill Creek Park, Ocean Gate, NJ
When: Sunday, June 11 @ 10:30 AM

The schedule will be up in the air until we get there and see who is there and what we want to do. We will have a lunch break around 12-1ish. There are food places if you can drive, otherwise pack a lunch. LUNCH WILL BE ONE HOUR. After that we will start again with whoever we have.

Bring whatever guns you have, but if its questionable, bring a backup. Guns will be banned on a case by case basis. All other rules (bring your own guns, ammo, etc...) will apply.

I'll post directions soon from the garden state parkway, but if you need other directions, pm me and i'll get back to you.

If you are not a legal adult(18+) eye protections is mandatory, if you are older than that, it is advised strongly.

Other than that, I hope to see you guys this Sunday.

Edited by Kuhlschrank, 06 June 2006 - 01:29 AM.

+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'll definitely be there. Sound off so we can get a head count.

I know it's short notice, but we had to do something since SJNNO got rained out.
I hate you.

#3 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Count me in plus tenesee23 and lil Joe, and also isn't today the 5th?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#4 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

I was about to ask that too...

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

Yea it's totally the 10th. I added it to the calendar.
I hate you.

#6 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

The correction on the date is SUNDAY the 11th, sorry about that.
I would have had it on saturday, but i have a dentists appointment at 1130 that day, and anone who has teeth knows how long those take.

#7 Darchangel67

Darchangel67

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

will try to be there... all my guns are unmodded as of yet, keepin it old school... (laughs)

#8 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:13 AM

I should be there, along with maybe a few members from Team Stealth. We should start listening for the weather reports to make sure we don't have a repeat of last Saturday. Also, where exactly are we playing? I see that it is a park. What kind of area? Woods? Field with trees? A good explanation of the park, or even some pictures would be awsome.

One final concern is the police. Have you checked with them to make sure its alright? Have people had wars there before? I would suggest takin a walk to the station and asking them if we can do this...and if not find another place. The only reason I'm asking is because if they have problems with us playing there, thay could confiscate our guns.

Hope to see you guys there!
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#9 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

I should be there, along with maybe a few members from Team Stealth. We should start listening for the weather reports to make sure we don't have a repeat of last Saturday. Also, where exactly are we playing? I see that it is a park. What kind of area? Woods? Field with trees? A good explanation of the park, or even some pictures would be awsome.

It is a county park with a couple paved paths, some grass trails, and mostly mulch for the other trails. There are lots of trees and bushes off to the sides of these paths.

One final concern is the police. Have you checked with them to make sure its alright? Have people had wars there before? I would suggest takin a walk to the station and asking them if we can do this...and if not find another place. The only reason I'm asking is because if they have problems with us playing there, thay could confiscate our guns.

Dude, we've been playing here for years, recently we've hosted Apoc, Reckoning and a couple other wars there every year since 2002. We've had cops called before(once or twice), but the calls are for "paintballers", and when they see that our guns aren't gonna hurt anyone/thing, they leave.

For pictures, look in OMC's sig for the link to "War Gallery 2" and look at pictures from Apoc '05 and LCM Turkey Day Weekend War

#10 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:17 PM

Just to put things into perspective, let me tell a story. A few years ago, we had the cops show up to a LCM war. One cop asked to inspect my crossbow. Upon picking it up, he shouldered it and shot me in the chest from about 6 feet away. He then chuckled to himself and went on his way. So yeah, I've been shot by a cop wielding a nerf gun before.

We know how to avoid getting the cops called on us. If Hersh, Kuhlscrank, or myself tell you to do something it's usually so we don't get the cops called on us. And if the cops do come, let one of us handle it. The abosulte worst case scenario I see is that we would be asked to leave, but that has never even been suggested by a polic officer before.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:28 AM

According to Weather.com's current weekend (Sunday) forecast for Beachwood.....

"Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s."

Game on.

Looks like we could have 8-12 people. Good size. Paul and Tyler, get on those LCMers as well. I spoke to Andy about it, I'm gonna talk to Reed as well.
I hate you.

#12 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

I was just wondering who is coming to the war, is it basically most of the people who were gonna go to SJNNO?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#13 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

I'm kinda bored right now...so I'm gonna put together a head count according to who posted in this topic with interest of showing up at this war:

Kuhlschank (host)
One Man Clan (co-host)
Dark Shrimp (along with tenesse 23 and liljoe)
Darchangel67
Lilsniper (+ 1-6 members of Team Stealth ...not sure yet)

Infinite Shindig...are you comming?

If you're on the list and cannot come, let me know. If you want to come, I'll add ya to the list.
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:44 AM

Infinite Shindig...are you comming?

I should be there for the earlier part of the day. I don't know how many other LCMers will come. It all depends on how motivated they are and how much they drank the night before.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#15 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

OK, I said I would post directions from the Parkway, so here they are:

Southbound
Take Exit 80 towards Rt. 9 Beachwood/South Toms River.
As you are on the ramp, stay to the far right.
As you come off the ramp, you will travel under the parkway and you'll see a sign for Rt. 9 Beachwood and pointing towards the right.
Take that slight right and follow it to the end where you merge with Rt 166 in a mutant form of a traffic circle.
Go straight through this circle and you will be on Rt 9, you should pass the Sandcastle Diner on your right shortly after the circle.
Stay on Rt. 9 for a ways until you reach a traffic light located in the middle of a curve. There will be a Mcdonalds and a Shop-Rite on the far left side of the traffic light.
Make a left at this light, and then make a quick left immediately after that, onto Mill Creek Road.
Follow Mill Creek Road until you reach a stop sign and the sign on the other side says Dead End.
Make a left onto Chelsea and the park should be about 150 feet ahead on your right.

Northbound
Take Exit 81 for Toms River.
Keep traveling straight and merge onto Water Street(You should pass the Post office on your right)
Go to the second traffic light past the post office and make a right onto Main St/Rt 166.
Keep following this road through the weird circle mentioned before, and then you will be on Rt 9.
Stay on Rt. 9 for a ways until you reach a traffic light located in the middle of a curve.
There will be a Mcdonalds and a Shop-Rite on the far left side of the traffic light.
Make a left at this light, and then make a quick left immediately after that, onto Mill Creek Road.
Follow Mill Creek Road until you reach a stop sign and the sign on the other side says Dead End.
Make a left onto Chelsea and the park should be about 150 feet ahead on your right.

If you have any other questions, PM me or IM me at TRSxc87

See you guys on Sunday.

#16 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

I should be there tomorrow if I can sleep well enough.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#17 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

Just wondering are any of the LGLF coming?

Looking forward to tomorrow, weather still looks good.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users