Photo

Co2 Nf

22 replies to this topic

#1 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

My friend and I are planning to make a CO2 gun that's for nerf and the guts of it are going to be in a NF. I drew it up and, once I know how to post images, I'll get the plans up but this CO2 NF is going to have a grvity clip installed into the top of the gun (on the EX, it's where the little slider clip thing is so you can put it on different guns). The clip is going to be placed almost directly infront of the pipe system that has the CO2 cartrage in it. I'm not sure how a CO2 gun works, but I was thinking that I could just put a butterfly valve as the trigger system with some elastic to pull it back.

If this won't work, PLEASE TELL ME before I start. :rolleyes:
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#2 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

If by "butterfly valve" you mean a ball valve it may not work to well. Co2 could have negitave affects on the plastic parts of the gun becuase of its tempature. You may need to get a valve designed for Co2 and from what I have seen they are not cheep.

Edited by poo, 04 June 2006 - 07:48 PM.

#3 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

A butterfly valve is acually not as good as a ball valve (if I'm right to thinking what a ball valve is). A butterfly valve is... well... kind of the same shape as the part of a plunger that the O ring sits on, but turns (like when you flip a coin only just a bit or so) and if the CO2 tank could acually continuesly put out power until the air is all gone, then it might only get about 5 shots out of it.

Edited by Powersniper{}, 04 June 2006 - 07:52 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

My friend and I are planning to make a CO2 gun that's for nerf and the guts of it are going to be in a NF. I drew it up and, once I know how to post images, I'll get the plans up but this CO2 NF is going to have a grvity clip installed into the top of the gun (on the EX, it's where the little slider clip thing is so you can put it on different guns). The clip is going to be placed almost directly infront of the pipe system that has the CO2 cartrage in it. I'm not sure how a CO2 gun works, but I was thinking that I could just put a butterfly valve as the trigger system with some elastic to pull it back.

If this won't work, PLEASE TELL ME before I start. :rolleyes:

If I had a nickel every time someone was going to make a Nerf gun and put up plans, I'd be pretty wealthy.

Especially if I bet them a couple bucks that they wouldn't get beyond drawings.

We'll keep this alive so the conversation can continue, but this one's going to Homemades.

*fart*
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

I don't acually know how to move a topic (if you can). I'm really new at the whole posting thing here.
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#6 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ok so, with CO2 cartrages, How exactly does the nozzle work? like how would you get air from it? because if it's just like some kind of twist off, it wouldn't be practlical to make a CO2 NF with a butterfly valve...
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#7 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:37 AM

I think your best bet would be to go with one of these type things. Tire Filler. I have one similar to that, and just taping it to a piece of 1/2" CPVC got me ranges of around 112'. If you could fit it in the handle maybe and find out a way to compress the trigger, you'd be all set.

#8 sniper25

sniper25

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

how fast do tire fillers release air?
Mr. pink of ugns

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

#9 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Ya, that's a sick idea and acually, with that handle thing that comes with it, I would need the trigger system I drew up before. Also, it'd be pretty easy just carving out a NF shell for it.
Thanx dude :rolleyes:

And, if you know, how fast does the air come out, how much air is held, and is it refillable?

Edited by Powersniper{}, 05 June 2006 - 08:43 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#10 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

The one I have uses the little metal cylinders and you can get quite a few shots out of it depending on how long you hold the trigger down. (Usually 25-30 shots per cylinder) The cylinders arn't refillable, but are pretty cheap. Also, near the 25 shot you start losing range due to lack of pressure. To reload the cylinders, all you have to do is unscrew the bottom, drop the used one out, plug in a new one and screw it back on. With a breach/clip system, I could see a very simple design having insane ROF.

#11 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:11 PM

Yes well, I'm looking into a new design that, instead of a clip, has a bolt system breech (basicaly with a slider thing that closes the breech is all). This should increase range without holding down the trigger. I don't know if this would increase range though, it's more of a quess.
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#12 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

im pretty sure this is ilegal in a lot of clans, a little too powerful, should i say. but do w/e the hell you want, im just warning you.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#13 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Umm.. Well... I don't go to nerf things with guys from the internet... And so far... It doesn't seem like these nerf thing are even in the same state as I. So I don't care much for "ileagal" things for nerf battles. We use this complex thing and it's really big so this gun would acually help a lot (if it's good). Also My parents are kinda lazy and say they have too much work to drive me anywhere (I can't complain though, I guess I'm kind a the same way... exept with procrastination B) )

I should be done with this project in less then a week, depending on how into it I am and if I can find that tire filler thing.

Anyways, umm... would it be a smarter way to go with a craola barrel then PVC pipe? I mean I know fast decompresion makes it cold (isn't that how they make Nitrogyen?) and might make it explode... But how many times would I be safe to do this without it doing so?

Edited by Powersniper{}, 06 June 2006 - 10:16 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#14 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

I don't mean to be a dick with this post. I just have a few things to point out.

Rules are better when they change in each game type. For example a primary is Illegal in pistols wars. This doesn’t mean you should not buy or make or mod primaries. In Calgary nerfers to my knowledge do not nerf in clans. This is because there is no point. If you’re going to make teams for an assassin game, then call them teams for an assassin game, not a clan.

Secondly, to The Shadow.
I am not an admin on this site. I do not mean to over step my boundaries here. However, I have read all of you're posts on the Haven. I have noticed that ompa has told you at lest twice to clean up you're posts. In reply to this you said "Bite me", this is not acceptable behavior for nerf haven. You did apologize which is appropriate. Rings has also pointed out you are guilty of necromancy. I am concerned that you are not getting the messages you intend to say across correctly. This is not a surprise when 55% or you're post are under 1 line long, can you fit what you mean to say in that short of a space? Also 58% of you're post having either spelling errors or grammatical errors in them, not including figures of speech. This does not meat Nerf Haven standards.

I would suggest copying and pasting everything you type into a word document, and using the spell check there.

#15 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:19 PM

Anyways, umm... would it be a smarter way to go with a craola barrel then PVC pipe? I mean I know fast decompresion makes it cold (isn't that how they make Nitrogyen?) and might make it explode... But how many times would I be safe to do this without it doing so?

As long as the PVC isn't under pressure, you're fine. By pressure, I mean compressed air in a tank made of PVC. If you're just using pvc/cpvc to make a barrel/breech system, then you shouldn't need to worry about the cold. The PVC will hold for more than enough time for the pressure to be released by the dart exiting the barrel.
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#16 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

Awsome, now I'm just looking for that "ultraflate pro" thing... And also, what could I use to make a better seal if I'm going to make a breech that your just turn the barrel to close or should I just re-invent the wheel and go with boltsnipers bolt thing?

Thanks

Edited by Powersniper{}, 07 June 2006 - 10:08 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#17 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

ARGH... ok so I just found out that a CO2 tank doesn't have that much air in it and there's absoulutly NO way to re-fill it (cuz you can't seal it off). So i'm looking twards a new way of this system...

1. is a paint ball kind of way which doesn't use as much air at a time so you can get more out of less...
couple ways of how it works-
http://www.icdpaintb...ematic-puma.htm
http://www.ottersccu....com/works.html
http://www.warpig.co...gns/index.shtml

2. is just a PVC pipe that could be refilled and would be easier...

Or, I caould just deal with it and buy a lot of them and use this thing-
http://westernbikewo...46668&c=1261490

Edited by Powersniper{}, 10 June 2006 - 04:55 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#18 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:47 PM

Ok, I'll tell you right now that a co2 nerf gun will not work without a paintball or airsoft regulator, that regualtes the air flow coming from the co2 or compressed air. Without a regulator, your plastic, pvc or any other material will not be able to withstand the pressure and brake at the connections or explode (bad either way). Yes I have tried to make this work and it doesn't, the pvc gun I was using exploded, right where the joint between the con2 adapter and the airtank connect and if I had been holding the gun when it happened I probalby would have been really hurt... so please don't attempt to do this without a regulator, its just stupid. Paintball regualtors aren't cheap as far as I know but I think you can buy them online from paintball suply and modification sites, just search around on google.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#19 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

Well, Cheesenerfer (like the name), I acually did some testing with a CO2 caniser and pump thing and just put a barrel on it... and... well... let's just say... uhh... It's looks retarded and fire even worse... I only got like 30'!!!

But you don't have to have a paintball or airsoft thing, you can just buy (for $12.00) an electronic regulator that puts the air out and says how much is left + how much it uses each time... HELL OF A LOT BETTER DEAL (in some cases not because you don't get the whole other gun). Soooooooooo ya.

BLAH!

Edited by Powersniper{}, 12 June 2006 - 11:50 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#20 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

I have my beliefs, and I have the right to believe in what I want. And may I ask why you were looking at all my posts on nerf haven? I don't need people telling me that I need to clean up my act after i've been told twice.

And to Powersniper, i had thought you were attending nerf wars usually, now that i know you're not, ignore my post before.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#21 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

I have my beliefs, and I have the right to believe in what I want. And may I ask why you were looking at all my posts on nerf haven? I don't need people telling me that I need to clean up my act after i've been told twice.

And to Powersniper, i had thought you were attending nerf wars usually, now that i know you're not, ignore my post before.

I am an administrator of these forum boards, and I only check post histories of members who do not feel they need to conform to the Code of Conduct of NerfHaven, which is a PRIVATELY OWNED SITE. While you may have freedom to express yourself in this good ol' USA, such is not the case at NerfHaven. When you agree to the Terms of Service, and click the "I agree" button, you basically place yourself in a binding agreement to abide by the rules of the site, and...

If you break any of the above rules, the NerfHaven staff can, and very likely will, delete your account with little or no warning. If you repeatedly troll or spam on this forum I will personally ensure that your Internet access is terminated within two (2) working days.

You freely violate the rules here, and despite numerous requests and warnings, you either don't seem to get it, or you don't give a rip, and while I believe I've been extremely patient with you, you admit you don't need us to tell you to clean up your act.

That said, so then.

-------------------------------------------------

The Shadow,

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. Take a breather, maybe some computer courses to improve typing skills, try some other Nerf forums. Then you'll see how it isn't rocket science to be a productive participant here...

Your account will not be functional until June 13, 2007 (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

--------------------------------------------------

Go sit in the corner for a couple months.

Carry on about the CO2 powered NiteFinder. I'd suggest scratch-building the whole thing. Good luck.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#22 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

If you really want a co2 powered nerf gun, go buy a paintball gun by Brass Eagle called "Ghost" or "Blade02". They're the cheapest possible (for a paintball gun). Stick a mega stefan down the barrel, and pull the trigger. Done. Seriously. You don't need to add any sort of barrel, it fits already. If you want, you can cut off a bunch of plastic from the thing and mess around with a breech. About 40 shots at the most per cartridge. I did it with a ghost, before turning into a co2 airsoft gun (which, by the way, is a waste of money. You could kill somebody with that gun). For Nerf though, you need to make extrememly strong stefans, and replace them often. The gun becomes so powerful that the wear and tear on stefans is much higher than on a nerf blaster.

AND.. Yakkman did this same thing to a Blade02 gun back in the day, although I believe he modified it to shoot micros.
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#23 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:28 AM

Ya... sorry shadow... whatever...

Ok anyways, wih that CO2 thing I had just used a cheapy CO2 bike pump that was only like $20.00 (with 6 CO2 cartrages). The hole that the air comes out of is only like a mm. or 2 and not much can get out so if I did some stuff to it so more air can go out at a time.

And Kirby dude, well, the whole point of just keeping it a bike pump thing, was to keep away from the paintball and airsoft guns (I don't think I cleard that yet but anyways now I have! :blink: ) that are hella different. Yes that idea is good and probably would work, but not really on this thread. I'm more going twards just plain and simple compressed air in some brass. HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER THE CO2!!!! So ya...
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users