At 4k

Help!!!

7 replies to this topic

#1 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

I have been modding My airtech for the past few weeks, and it has been great, until today when I was rototaing the barrel and I accidently rotated the wrong way. Then I heard a "pop" and i new something broke. Now when I the trigger system does not rotate the barrel. I opened it up and I found a small grey peice broken off. I played with the system for about an hour and i still dont know how it works. I need profesional help! Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it? Here are some pics.

Posted Image
Internal Pic

Posted Image
Close up

Posted Image
Area where something is broken

Posted Image
Part i think is broken

Posted Image
Broken part Put back on gun

Posted Image
Another pic
Cubs in 2012

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:24 PM

The AT4K rotating mech is incredibly easy to break. I would work on finding another method of rotating the barrells. Either manual rotation or something else you can rig up. I had a similar problem and fixed it by attaching a small pull string to the peice that makes the barrels rotate. The string went through a hole in the shell I made with my dremel. The string had a key ring on the end of it and it hung around the pump handle. The firing method was this: Pump X4,pull,FIRE, pump X4,pull,Fire. It works so far. Of course I havent added any new barrells yet so we will see how it goes.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Does anyone have pictures of a new at 4k, and if so could you show them. or a video
Cubs in 2012

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

I sold my AT4K to Carrtoon. He might be able to help you. All I know if it is that piece that you think broke that is bad news. You might be able to replace the part with something homemade you can think of. Sorry I don't know much about the internals of this gun. It is very complicated and I screwed mine up. Here are some pics of the internals.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

Bingo! See this pic here:

Posted Image

The silver rod is out of place. I explain this better in this vid:

at4k mechanism

I don't think the black piece you broke was an essential piece to the gun. It doesn't allow the barrels to be turned backwards. Now that you broke it, they can. You should be set if you get that silver rod back into its respective place. Good luck!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:24 AM

at4k mechanism

Cartoon I wish you had this up when I was having problems with my AT4K.
It would have saved me hours of figuring these internals out. (my previous modded gun was a nitefinder so it was a massive leap in nerf modifications. Plus my AT4K had an immportant nub in the shell that was broken off)
This is very descriptive and well explained. I think it would be great if we had more of these.
Like a pinned thread for videos and videos only showing/describing how guns work on the inside.
Like Kirby's modifications directory but instead an internals in motion directory.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 30 May 2006 - 01:24 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

This is a huge help, When I get home from school, I will go and try to fix this and then I will finish my mod. Cartoon nice work, and forsaken I agree with you, we should really put more videos of the gun internals. Thanks everyody
Cubs in 2012

#8 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

Thanks. The mechanisms in these guns are very simple, contrary to popular belief. Open the gun and don't take any screws out. Just prime and shoot. You will see how it works. Do not start unscrewing things until you know how everything works. Know your gun and then mess with it. Taking pictures of the internals before you take it apart also helps. Some people sell their good guns because they put them back together wrong. One small piece could fix it all.

Personally, I'd be glad to take video of all of the complex guns I have and how they work. I'll get to work on that...
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users