#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

Today was fun.

REALLY fun.

Everybody had a good time, and we got some newbies initiated with the good ol' single barreled Titan...

I enjoyed the location. It was an interesting change. I still prefer the more four-dimensional approach found in places like the Urban Area at Venado and the Grid here in Glendora, but the lengthy semi-wooded gulley was a very interesting way of mixing things up.

Churro's parents are going to KILL me for that massive welt on his face, though. That will be interesting...a freshman comes home from a nerf war his band section leader invited him to with a giant welt next to his eye that will be there at least through thursday. Excuse me...it'll probably just be a flat mark by that time. But Right now, when it's a raised lump about 1/8th of an inch above his normal skin...yeah.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by a cooler full of ice water. Holy crap that was cold...

The Knights enjoyed the return of Pyro and Nightwing, sporting name changes (now ACE and Angel of Death, respectively) and packing quite a punch, considering AoD hasn't warred since December, and ACE hasn't played in 364 days. Yep; the last war he attended was last year's Spring CAFF, the day that the Knights made their first public appearance at a larger-scale war.

They made quite a re-entrance, I daresay, and are eagerly anticipating going to this year's Spring CAFF next month, and then Armageddon this summer. I was only expecting today and then Armageddon, but (as ACE put it) "I forgot how much I enjoy this."

We'll see plenty more of those two before the summer is over.

I know that Seijin got a good amount of photos taken, which I'm sure we can expect to see at some point. I'll contact AoD about the pictures he took and get them up ASAP.

Great day, people! See you in a month!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

I second that it was an awesome day... but man, just how many people had "gun malfunctions" throught the day???

Anyway, the gameplay was intense, with a goodly amount of people per team, and the fact that, while many people were using long range weapons, the situations stopped them from being able to abuse the ranges, making people using mid-range guns immensly more effective (if my own performance was any indication). Also, the fact that we had three very different types of terrain all in the same battlefield made sure that everyone had something they could do:

the hill area made it hard to traverse, but people that got up there (and found cover) were seldom able to be hit, letting them sharpshoot people, even at their base (Sasquatch and ACE/Pyro were particuarly good at this...);

the forrest area had plenty of cover, making rushes through it interesting, though do-able, as Archy (Churro), Pillz, and I demonstrated a few times;

the open area/path was standard style warfare, with worked out quite well when assulting Bag's team's base, and left enough area to attack the playground;

and the playground was... well, a playground... good cover on one side, but from behind, it left you very vunerable.

The first Knights vs. NARF round showed a good bit of what may come at Armageddon, provided that the East Coasters aren't ready for the Knight's stratagies, and the Knights are all placed on a team. Oh, and having Pillz defect to our side was, to say the least, amusing!

The second war was a lot better balanced than the first, but we had a lot of Knights grouping tougether and NARFers grouping tougether, but when the separate groups started working tougether, I saw a lot of neat little tricks being pulled off.

The CTF round was almost as crazy as NARF WC1's, although it ended by a well done rush...

And the 3 hits round really sucked... I lose one life, and end up losing the rest of my teammates during my second life, and get stuck, by myself, facing the entire other team... getting shot 7 times before anyone realized Sasquatch had tappend me out in the beginning.... ouch...

But overall, the war was awesome; Bags, we need to do this more often!
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#3 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

Believe me, we KNEW Sasquatch had tapped you already. But why should I have let that fully primed PC go to waste? Everybody else had pretty much the same idea...why notshoot you when you're the only enemy around and you had a dart in EVERYBODY's gun with your name on it?

Still, I wouldn't say we pulled off any "brilliant" tactical maneuvers or anything (except for that kick-ass rush to end the CTF round). We've still got a long ways to go before you can start hideously grinning when you think of 'Geddon, buddy.

Again, great day. No complaints here. I'll even forgive that ice chest incident. If Bags was willing to admit that we'd "won" just so he could dump a cooler full of ice water on me, then I'll take it.

In addition, I'd like to throw out there that a few first-timers left their mark on the place...

Notably, Seijin's fiance, who came to take pictures, but in the end, picked up her hubby's painted maxshot, shouldered the PVC stock, and showed some people who's boss.

Several of the knights who couldn't make it really wish they did, and are planning to do everything they can to not miss CAFF next month.

One of the things I've really enjoyed about some other recaps in the past were the awards, so if anybody's got some ideas, throw them out there.

To start with, Seijin gets the "Where the hell did you com up with that idea?" award, for coming up with the brilliant plan for the final rush that (*thank goodness*) ended the CTF round in a victory.

Forgive me if I get this wrong (I'm horrible at names, and forgot already) but I believe her name was Kristine (maybe it's spelled wrong...god only knows) gets a definite "Most Valuable Newbie" award, although the guy with the blue hair who left around the end of lunch comes in a close second, just because he was a fun target to shoot with a singled titan...

Throw out some more! And lets hear about all those side stories and things that some of us missed that day. Come on, we didn't se ALL the cool stuff that happened yesterday...

Side note: Bags, check your PMs.

Edited by Falcon, 30 May 2006 - 10:18 AM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#4 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Well, for that CTF round, I will willingly admit that I get "Most Cowardly" Award, because I spent pretty much the entire time up there. Though I enjoyed sliding down the suncaked dirt on my butt from cover to cover. That would've worked a whole lot better if we could've coordinated with the people on the ground level when to rush for the flag. But what ever, I'm not about to go out and buy radios for Nerfing.

I also enjoyed laying down on the berm to face the open field to shoot with the squishing and scraping of various body parts. It hurt, but still fun, and I didn't get shot. :cry:

I don't know her name, but she left with the group after lunch. Anyways, she get the "Too Skinny to be Shot Award." I swear, must have been 3 or 4 times in one round that I could've hit her if she just weighed more. But whatever.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

That was Jade. It's like shooting at a Tic-Tac box, I swear. Bags, what are you FEEDING those people?
----------||||||||)

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

That was Jade. It's like shooting at a Tic-Tac box, I swear. Bags, what are you FEEDING those people?

I don't know... It anit my job to feed them...

anywho, thanks to jenny(cosmo's GF, Codename Wanda) we have some pics!!

Posted Image

Let's pick on the doritard!

Posted Image

Posted Image

man...That's a popular trash can:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In Da Wood

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And... He's Ok:
Posted Image

(if anyone wants to post these on Hq, go for it, I'm not about to give up my 666 just yet)

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 31 May 2006 - 05:06 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:33 PM

What? No war pics of any of us?

Pfffshhh...

Lol. It's all good. If you happen to have any, though, I certainly wouldn't mind. :wacko:
----------||||||||)

#8 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:38 PM

I know Sejin's fiance was taking some (I suck with names, I know, so sue me). So if we could get those, that'd be great.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

I posted all the ones that jenny gave me that had more than one person nerfing in them, so yeah, that's it.

Flacon. Thanks for posting the thread on HQ.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

No problem. Wouldn't want you to lose that post count, now...

You should take a screenshot of that and sig it or something.

Edited by Falcon, 31 May 2006 - 10:35 PM.

----------||||||||)

#11 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:21 PM

Well, as soon as Christine gets back from TX, I'll try putting those pics up.

Trust me though, from what I saw. Alot of them were me and Daniel. Just so you know.

#12 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

I know the feeling...

:)

When Katie takes pictures, it's mostly me and a few other people in band she knows.

But we wanna see 'em anyway.
----------||||||||)

#13 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

O do I hate pictures now....anyway, thats all of them...I think

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 23 June 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#14 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

Holy toledo...

Wow. There's some good stuff right there. I'm surprised the picture posting limiter-thingy didn't catch that. But whatever. Good stuff! Thanks people!
----------||||||||)

#15 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

It did catch it actually, I had to post about 5 or 6 times and it just combined all of them. Kinda cool, but freaking annoying too.

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 23 June 2006 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users