The "lazy Boy" Nitefinder Mod

when you're too lazy to do actual mods

7 replies to this topic

#1 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

After doing our own ultra cool nested brass-in-copper nitefinder mods which took us a whole half hour (after waiting the 24 hours or so for epoxy to dry) to make, my friends and I began to nerf it up in the house.

His little brother, about 10 years old kept nagging us to mod his NF for him, even though he refused to do it the day before and chose to play Super Smash instead... (You all know the type, who just want something done for them quickly instead of doing it themselves)

His constant nagging and whining along with the fact that nerfing with more people is always fun spawned this creation.

Posted Image
His stock Nitefinder.

We did the standard remove-air-restrictors, drill hole in plastic piece mod.
This is where we got lazy. Instead of actually waiting for epoxy to dry and bear more whining from his little brother about him playing with a stock gun, we just took some leftover brass and wrapped some tape around the tip...
Posted Image

Jammed the tape side into the stock barrel

Posted Image
applied hotglue and VOILA

Posted Image

Ranges are actually comparable to "real" modded brass nite finders.
It gets about 45-50 feet with stock micros, and 50-60 or so with stefans.

For indoor wars with little brothers, this makes an excellent quick-fix for the person with an unmodded gun using only a piece of spare brass.
And then teach him how to punch darts and he proves a worthy teammate or deadly adversary.

edit: June, 2007: Since I didn't want to bump a 2 year old thread, but did want to respond to Camblam's comment, if you actually READ the post you'd see we wanted to get playing quickly because his little brother was being impatient. It's not intended to be a full scale mod, It's intended to pacify the 10 year old.

Edited by Richomundo, 12 June 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

Excellent. I'm curious as to how the brass fits into the stock barrel though, because the barrel is smaller than brass. It's a nice mod and it looks cleanly done (besides the tape). I like it, good job.
SexD Warves

#3 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

because the barrel is smaller than brass.

Actually the brass is smaller than the stock barrel, as the brass was a scrap I'm not entirely sure what size it was probably 17/32.
I use 1/2" FBR for stefans, and the brass is small. If you look inside the stock barrel on the nitefinder there are these wierd lines going down the sides. Those grip into the brass and provide the tight fit. The tape is merely for air-tightness.

#4 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:53 PM

If you don't want to open the gun. get a pair of plierers, and then twist and pull the little stock dart pin out of the barrel. Then just get a 1/2 inch drill bit, pull the plunger back, and drill the insides out. After that shoot the gun to get all of the little bits of plastic out, slap a marker barrel on it, hot glue it, and thats it. You can also put rubber bands on the plunger. :huh:

P.S. This is just a quick mod but, effective.
Death is its own reward

#5 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

Nice, do you think it will have the same results if using CPVC instead of brass?

EDIT:By the way, nice mod

Edited by The Shadow, 23 May 2006 - 04:00 PM.

I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#6 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

1. The OD of CPVC is too great for this to work with CPVC.
2. It is advisable to avoid posting in topics over a month old unless you have a very significant addition.

#7 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:55 AM

I did one of these about a year ago, it’s not such a good idea. If you're going to mod you're gun, actually mod it. Mods like this belongs on NHQ not NH.

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

A mod is a mod, what gives you the right to tell someone their mod is shitty any belongs on NHQ? Your sir are an ass, and lead by example at letting the topic die instead of telling the person it's a shitty mod and needs to be on NHQ.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users