Question About Old Vs. New Sm1500

4 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:12 AM

I want to do the clip mod to a 1500, because I have tons of 1500 barrel assemblies lying around, but they're all from new 1500s. I don't have any 1500s that don't already have a pvc coupling epoxied to the internals, so I need to buy a new one. I have two options- pay less for an old style 1500 or more for a new style 1500.

My questions-

1.) Do the new barrel assemblies fit in the old 1500's shell?
2.) Is there any difference in range between the two models?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:26 AM

i believe that with the exception of the case, every piece from one is interchangable with every piece from the other. in other words, they are identical, and compatible. the two differences are pump handle shape and case shape. if there is any internal difference whatsoever, it may be in the trigger slide mechanism, which i haven't actually checked to see if those pieces are interchangable. i tested this a while ago, i may be off.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#3 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:48 AM

the range wont be very different when modded, but of course the new one sucks unmodded.BTW, why more $ for the new style?
Morons With Guns own you.

#4 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:49 AM

The internals are not interchangable between the two cases. The old version internals have a shorter pump tube than the new version. Also, the triggers aren't interchangable because the old version's trigger wraps around the pump whereas the new version's trigger isn't. One more note, the new version trigger from what I've seen breaks after a while of use. It's happened to my old 1500 (which forced me to keep the internals of that gun and cram them into an old version 1500 shell, that's why I know the new 1500 has a longer tube), Evil's 1500 and that's just about all the cases I know about.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Seņor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:50 PM

then i was completely wrong. i thought i had interchanged em, but i think i might of had to make a few changes to the insides to make em compatible. the barrel assemblies are identical though.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users