Starbuck/modding Service

71 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

READ last post!

Edited by nerfer34, 29 August 2007 - 05:41 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:46 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about. He probably is overwhelmed with people sending him guns to mod. I'm sure it can become a handful. I wouldn't pester him too much about it. I've done business with him before and I can assure you he's legit and wouldn't scam you. You don't see him around here very often anyways, probably why your not getting pmed back. Just don't wory about you'll get your guns when you get your guns. If you wanted to avoid problems like this then mod the guns yourself.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about. He probably is overwhelmed with people sending him guns to mod. I'm sure it can become a handful.

Well said.

Good work takes some time. Most of my stuff, even the most basic modifications, take me at least 2-3 weeks EACH blaster. Mainly waiting for paint to dry properly, epoxy to set 24 hours as many require for maximum strength, etc. Then he'd probably test fire to make sure they deliver what he promises...and make the necessary corrections if they don't meet his satisfaction.

Not to mention the fact that he's probably immersed in Real Life™ issues, and that can interrupt his side work. Many of us DO have a life. That's why I haven't cranked out anything lately, hence the local request list (2 repairs, 3 projects) being put on hold.

Besides, no one wants anything that I modify anyway.

Hang in there, slick. You'll have yer shootin' irons in no time. I'd trust Starbucky with my stuff if I had to.

Then again, he should at least PM you that it'd be delayed some. Hows about it, Starbuck?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

Starbuck is currently in a fairly hectic time. He's just starting up his own small business, he's trying to put together an Artemis Arms webpage, and still deal with all his own personal issues (ie. having a life).

Give him a while to let things straighten out. The last thing any prospective small business owner wants is lots of customers complaining he's behind schedule, or demanding he talk to them, while he tries to catch up on work, start making himself a business, and deal with everyday things he has to do.

Starbuck is a very good guy. He is not trying to scam you. Guaranteed. He's a very respectable person. He's also very meticulous. He does not do sloppy jobs on his own guns, let alone paying customers. Give him some time, and if he doesn't respond to your personal messages in about two weeks, write to him in actual letter form, to his home address. I'm assuming if you sent him your guns to mod, you have his address.

And about him not responding to his PM's: personal messages on forums are a very unreliable form of communications. If the person does not have e-mail notification of their PM's, it can sometimes be weeks before they even know they have a PM. Even if they do have e-mail notification, he's in the middle of starting his own small business, and probably doesn't read his e-mails on a regular basis.

Starbuck isn't really a 'regular' here on Nerf Haven. We all know him, but he's not real big on the forums. He'll drop by every once in a while, but he's not on every day, for two or three horus at a time.

All I'm saying is that he's in a very hectic time right now. Try writing a letter instead of sending PM's, and just wait. It's possible he might even have forgotten about them, since it seems he's been overwhelmed by requests. If you do write a letter, use your name, remind him what guns you sent him, what you wanted done to them, and when. Be polite and don't 'demand' anything. Don't say that you're 'very worried'; try something like "The work seems to be taking a fairly long time, and was wondering if you could give an estimate as to when they will be done". Just assume that he is working on them, and is taking very long. Don't assume he forgot, is trying to 'scam' you.

Starbuck's a good guy. Give him some time (I know you already have waited a lot) and use a more reliable form of communications than PM's on a Nerf forum.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:56 PM

OK understand. I'll wait it out a week or two more. It's good to hear he is a good modder!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

OK understand. I'll wait it out a week or two more. It's good to hear he is a good modder!

Just wanted to add to this topic. Starbuck has been working on my guns sinse mid april. He was very responsive when we first set up what I wanted modded. Then I sent him a titan, sm5k, and a RzB. He got to work right away on them, and sent me pictures of the guns progress every now and then...

Then, late april (i believe), and hadn't heard from him for about 2 weeks. After i waited for quite some time, i discovered he had been in the hospitol with some virus. Then he got working on my guns again. But now recently, I haven't heard from him in two weeks AGAIN. I was supposed to have my three guns modded for my B-day (present) which was May 5th. I have yet to hear from him, so I guess somethin is wrong with him (ill, i mean)...or he is just really busy. I just hope he replies to my 3 PMs that I've sent him over the past few weeks.......
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:53 AM

Still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know where he is?

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

Does anyone here like know Strabuck? Or can someone PM me his adress please because I'm going to write him a letter, like Pat said. I haven't heard from him in 2 and a half months.

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:16 PM

[Besides, no one wants anything that I modify anyway.

Hang in there, slick. You'll have yer shootin' irons in no time. I'd trust Starbucky with my stuff if I had to.

Then again, he should at least PM you that it'd be delayed some. Hows about it, Starbuck?

-Piney-

Its been almost 6 months! Does anyone have Starbucks adress? I'd like to write him a letter. I'm trying to hang in here as much as I can...

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

I sent him a lot of $.

Does anyone have Starbucks adress?

How did you send him lots of $ and not know where the $ went?
6 months is a long damn time for anyone to wait without a pm or response of anykind.
Maybe he is dead or some other random unthinkable thing happenned to him.
Personally I would give up on it. Then wait for him to post again and when he does, you jump all over it. Like a lard ass on a smartie at fat camp. "Dont make me run, I am full of chocolate!"

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 31 July 2006 - 02:05 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

Well I by accediently deleted his pm with his adress. All I know is he lives somewhere in Tennessee. I sent him my maxshot, BBB, BF. Those 3 are the most valuable to me. PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you hear from him or get his adress or any info about him. Thanks!

#12 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

Well, I don't know where Starbuck lives, but I do know that the Artemis Arms workshop is in Kingsport, TN. So, I guess that he lives somewhere around there.

I couldn't find any info on the Citie's homepage, but you always write a letter to the City itself. On their website they say that:

For more information contact:
The City of Kingsport
225 West Center Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
423-229-9400

I suppose you could describe your situation to the town. Best case scenario: they know who you're talking about and give you his address. Worst case scenario: they think you're crazy and hang up/not write back.

You've got nothing to lose by talking to the city and asking some questions.

Sincereley,
Pat

Edited by {SF3G}pat 2nd Lt., 01 August 2006 - 12:08 PM.

QUOTE(Pat) View Post

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

Yea thats it, Kingsport. Well I don't even know Strabuck's real name.... I'd atleast need to provide the name, wouldn't I?

#14 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

Or maybe ask about Artemis Arms? Maybe they know something?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#15 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

Maybe not. You could just say that he is a small business owner. That he's starting up an online Nerf store. Also, that people have been mailing him a lot of Nerf guns in the mail. That the busniness is run by two people, whos real names you don't know.

I'm not sure what exactly you would say, but I think that they would try to help you, or at least refer you to the FTC.

In Starbuck's profile, it says that his e-mail is hidden. Well, who can access that? Cxwq? Maybe go to Cx and ask him to send an e-mail to Starbuck.

I don't know Starbuck/The Noid's real name, but I know his associate, icu5545, is named Bill.

That's about all I can tell you... I don't know much and I just spent that last half hour searching around.

So, contact the city. You've got nothing to lose. If that doesn't bring up anything, maybe bring this to the FTC. I don't think it's big enough to draw attention, but they might help. Also, they might not really consider Artemis Arms a business, yet.

Sorry I couldn't help out anymore than I did.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

#16 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:42 PM

Yea thats it, Kingsport. Well I don't even know Strabuck's real name.... I'd atleast need to provide the name, wouldn't I?

I did a WHOIS lookup on artemisarms.com, and got an address of someone living in Kingsport, TN. It's all public record, but I still don't want to put someone's address on a forum, so I'll PM you what I found.

Edited by Carbon, 01 August 2006 - 09:02 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#17 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

Carbon. PLEASE READ THIS AFTER THE PM IS ENT TO YOU.( It will make more sense)

I realized that the adress you sent me was a member of Artemis Arms so I will still write a letter there. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Huge help! Thanks!

#18 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

OK I am bringing this old topic up instead of making a new one. (I made this topic anyway)

Well I have emailed and mailed a letter 3 times to "Chris Forrester, a coworker of Starbuck in the Artemis Arms service, and he hasn't repied back in 3 months. He said he didn't know where my blasteres were located.
I don't feel comfortable with him at all.

I am wondering if anyone can give me contact information on STARBUCK or more members of Artemis Arms. I am really starting to think they are trying to rip me off.

I sent them my blasters and money 11 months ago!!!

I undertsand they are in college , but this is just unacceptable.

Thanks for the help!

#19 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

OK I am bringing this old topic up instead of making a new one. (I made this topic anyway)

Well I have emailed and mailed a letter 3 times to "Chris Forrester, a coworker of Starbuck in the Artemis Arms service, and he hasn't repied back in 3 months. He said he didn't know where my blasteres were located.
I don't feel comfortable with him at all.

I am wondering if anyone can give me contact information on STARBUCK or more members of Artemis Arms. I am really starting to think they are trying to rip me off.

I sent them my blasters and money 11 months ago!!!

I undertsand they are in college , but this is just unacceptable.

Thanks for the help!

By This time I would be way fed up. I say(and I know this sounds retarded) But you may have to sue him. I mean that may be the only possible way to make this work.

Sue him for the amount of guns plus the money you sent him.

I wish you luck in finding this scammer,

Sub
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#20 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

I'm sure court fees would cost more than the money he sent. It can't be more than a few hundred bucks, and sure that may be a lot to some people, but at some point you have to cut losses. I am pretty sure cx can get his name from his IP address, but don't know if that is within his rights.

Also, I think to sue someone you have to know more than their online psuedonym.

#21 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:54 PM

Well Starbuck was a trusted member of NH....

I am VERY fed up!

I don't think he is scamming me but he definitly IS avoiding me. I know he is now in college and is being irresponsible. Plus he probably doesn't even have the money.....

I really don't know what to do...

I sent him a few really good guns too.

Is there some sort of way that I could like bill him?

#22 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Perhaps he is in a tough spot. I am not advocating what he is doing, but you need to know the cirucmstances. He could be in a coma. True this is unlikely, but it is one reason of many that he is unable to let you know, not just unwilling
I hate to be the devil's advocate, but I have been in a situation like yours when I found out that my friend was getting screwed by his business partner. He owed me a sum of money, but he had to sell off almost all of his possessions and didn't have time to get back to me for a few months. He still isn't back on his feet, but he is going to pay me back. I understand that a few months is many fewer than a year, but you never know. Without any way to contact him or even knowing his name, you cannot bill him/sue him in anyway I am aware of.
Again, cx could most likely get his name/address through an IP, but whether or not he is willing/comfortable doing that is his call.

#23 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

Perhaps he is in a tough spot. I am not advocating what he is doing, but you need to know the cirucmstances. He could be in a coma. True this is unlikely, but it is one reason of many that he is unable to let you know, not just unwilling
I hate to be the devil's advocate, but I have been in a situation like yours when I found out that my friend was getting screwed by his business partner. He owed me a sum of money, but he had to sell off almost all of his possessions and didn't have time to get back to me for a few months. He still isn't back on his feet, but he is going to pay me back. I understand that a few months is many fewer than a year, but you never know. Without any way to contact him or even knowing his name, you cannot bill him/sue him in anyway I am aware of.
Again, cx could most likely get his name/address through an IP, but whether or not he is willing/comfortable doing that is his call.

I completely agree BUT it has been 11 months! 11 months!

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

May(original post)-3 months(what you said) = February, so 9 months. Still, that is a long time, I agree 100%. I think we are talking in circles. Perhaps we shouldn't post anymore until there is new information.

#25 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:59 AM

You can't trust ANYONE on the internet. Yes, I bought a Mad Hornet from you, nerfer, but I toke that risk and I was looking for one for a while too. Plus, your location is more local in my area so I could easily find and beat you senseless if I didn't get the gun :lol: :lol:. You definately got to get your guns back because this is considered stealing! I suppose if we collectively said something to Starbuck, that would grab his attention. It's been almost a year and you've been picking at him... this is a big deal!
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users