At 2k1-ssb

Like the AT2K but Better!

8 replies to this topic

#1 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for some time. Reading Mods, doing them, and reading articles.

I've been playing with Nerf Guns for longer than i can remember.

So one day, in a fit of Blind Idiocy, i bought the AT2K. And i must say, i was LESS than satisfied with it's abilities as a gun.

So i said to myself, "Self, you gotta make a good gun outta this!"

And so i give you the AT2K1-SSB
(Air Tech 2001 Single Shot Blaster)

Posted Image

It's held together by nothing more than an entire roll of Electrical Tape, and a lot of Faith.

the Trigger is a paperclip that i have bent around the trigger pull and formed into a loop. The Pump is nested inside a section of 1" PVC and the Barrel is 5" of 1/2" PVC.

Really simple actually. So here's the Stats.

I havnt gotten a chance to take it outside, but what i have experienced (shooting it from the dining room, through the kitchen, into the living room) It Hits the wall at 80' and Sticks, with about a 4' drop in altitude when fired at a 0deg angle.

I'm working on Aquring a Crayola barrel to nest inside it, but my little sister needs all the markers. >.<

Have fun! :P
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Wait, I'm missing something here. You didn't like the case, so you gutted it and made it a smaller gun? Or you didn't like the gun, but still modded it? I'm confused. :P

TS

#3 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:24 PM

Wait, I'm missing something here. You didn't like the case, so you gutted it and made it a smaller gun? Or you didn't like the gun, but still modded it? I'm confused. :P

TS

It Performed Really poorly. I couldnt get it to go further than 20 feet even when shot at an angle.

I liked the case, but the new barrel wouldnt fit inside it. So i had to remake the chasing. (and all i had was a little hand saw at the time. So i couldnt widen the hole in the front.)
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#4 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:47 PM

You mean out of the box, right? Yeah, that's why we mod things. Didn't you wonder, now that you've modded it, how it's performing so well? :P

As for the case problem, all you had to do was sand/file/snap/saw off the parts of the case that blocked the path of the barrel. Shouldn't be too hard.

TS

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

(shooting it from the dining room, through the kitchen, into the living room) It Hits the wall at 80' and Sticks, with about a 4' drop in altitude when fired at a 0deg angle.

You have an 80 foot clearance inside your home?

Anyways, to make it even smaller and more pocket friendly you can remove the goo tube and maybe shorten the yellow tube.

I hope you didnt wrap the e-tape up too tightly. After a few days/weeks/months it slowly starts to slip. This starts to reveal sticky spots where the tape used to be before the tape slipped. Now the gun is gross and its back to the drawing board.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

You mean out of the box, right? Yeah, that's why we mod things. Didn't you wonder, now that you've modded it, how it's performing so well? :P

As for the case problem, all you had to do was sand/file/snap/saw off the parts of the case that blocked the path of the barrel. Shouldn't be too hard.

TS

I know that one... i just didnt have the tools to do that. I had a Wide tooth handsaw that's on my Pocket Knife. Only good for Sawing in a straight line. A Screwdriver (for opening up the gun) and a roll of Electrical Tape.

And yes, i have an 80' strech in my house. i wouldnt say clearence, i had to aim around chairs and lamps, but i measured it out and it's 78.5' Close enough to 80' for these purposes.

And i made sure to only wrap the tape tight enough to make it not jiggle around.

#7 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:40 AM

Anyways, to make it even smaller and more pocket friendly you can remove the goo tube and maybe shorten the yellow tube.

You know that you can just completely cut off the whole guge and not just the tube. You just have to reattach the hose to the valve.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#8 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:40 AM

Oh, ok. Well, nice job with the tools that you had around you! That could be a nice holdout weapon. You could call it the Pocket 2k... P2K! :P

TS

EDIT - Wow. DS and I posted at EXACTLY the same time.

Edited by Team_Slaya, 22 May 2006 - 05:41 AM.

#9 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:50 PM

You know that you can just completely cut off the whole guge and not just the tube. You just have to reattach the hose to the valve.

I rather like the goo tube on there. it provides a nice trigger guard. Plus, it also serves as a makeshift Sight.

Oh, ok. Well, nice job with the tools that you had around you! That could be a nice holdout weapon. You could call it the Pocket 2k... P2K! :P

TS

EDIT - Wow. DS and I posted at EXACTLY the same time.

I actually like that name better! P2K it is!

I'll probably make a more permanant case for it tomorrow and paint it with "Pocket 2000" on the side. But you never know with me if i'll get around to doing anything or not. I do things on a whim. If i'm feeling it, i'll do it. if not, than i'm not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users