Copper?

air-powered guns

11 replies to this topic

#1 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

Okay, my first post in several months! Does copper piping work well for barrell replacements? Specifically in air-powered guns, NOT spring guns. Also, does copper work better or worse than crayolas, pvc, or cpvc?
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#2 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

Depends on the width of your FBR and of the tubing...
Ride it like it's stolen.

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

You can only use what fits your own darts best. This can not be said enough.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

I use copper for my pump guns. It's cheaper than brass, and while I don't really understand why it seems to have an inclination to work better in pump guns... at least according to many here on NH...

Personally, though, it works amazingly for me. :D
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

My first experiences were with copper as well. With shrunk stefans that would fit into CPVC well ( I now know that they were shrunk, I didn't then ) I took some 1/2" Copper tubing and slapped 8" of it onto a 2k. I got 80-90', believe it or not, until the thing died on me. With unshrunk darts the thing could have hit 100'.

Now having brass, however, I'd stick with it. It fits my darts better.

TS

#6 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

You will find that brass is unmistakeably lighter than copper. With the proper ID, either one will form a good airseal.

I planned on putting copper barrels into my Splitfire until it crapped out on me. I'm still tinkering to see what the deal is, but it looks pretty hopeless.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#7 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

Raj, as far as I can tell cpvc and copper work similarly but cpvc is generaly used more because it's cheaper and lighter than copper piping.

The same goes for iron(I think) and pvc piping.

Just remember to use barrels that fit YOUR darts. Only you can tell what to use based on your correct dart fit.

#8 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, they should have 1/2 in. copper at my local Home Depot. That should fit ALL stock Sonic micro darts, right? Sorry, LordoftheRing, but whats the ID? Does that have to do with thickness or something? My Home Depot seemed to have only one kind of copper. Flaming Hilt, it's good that it seems to work well on pump guns because I am planning to use it on an lbb. A few more questions. First, do air-tight water bottles work well as air tanks? Technically, if the water bottle is air-tight, and doesn't explode, it is capable of storing air pressure. Also, how exactly would you attach vinyl tubing to the side of an air tank or bladder, for a tank expansion? Do you just drill a hole and glue it on, or do you put some kind of adapter in between the hole and the vinyl?
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#9 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

You're piping's ID is Inner Diameter. Make sure you don't mistake it for OD (outer diameter) when you make your selection.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

One thing I noticed about copper is that the inside isn't as smooth as say brass. I'd assume that this mean more friction, but I'm not a science whiz. It works well for some (I think THIRST's copper is really good), and terrible for others.

#11 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

copper suks! my friend gave some to me and told me it was brass. do not use it. it is a horrible piece of shyt
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

copper suks! my friend gave some to me and told me it was brass. do not use it. it is a horrible piece of shyt

Well, I think your post has taught us some very important lessons.

Try to:
1.) Fix your spelling
2.) Use capitalization
3.) Please, PLEASE at least back up your opinions with something. Even if they're wrong, your opinions have more weight if you have some proof behind it.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users