Pocket-finder

6 replies to this topic

#1 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

This is something I decided to do with my NF. It's pretty small. Everything is cut off, except for the rail and the part of the case that holds the internals together. I covered up the gaping hole left by this with sheet metal, and made a little button-trigger like on an SSPB.

It might seem kinda so-so on its own, but the real purpose appears when you snap it onto the Crossfire, like so:

Posted Image

Pulling on the NF's pull-ring cocks both blasters (it did before), and you can fire the NF off quickly, without having to flip the whole deal over, or fire with your hand upside-down or sideways.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#2 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:40 AM

You...killed it. Now the only thing it will be useful for is taping it on to another gun so that it has an extra shot. Well, it was your decision...
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

You...killed it. Now the only thing it will be useful for is taping it on to another gun so that it has an extra shot. Well, it was your decision...

And this is bad...how? It's no different than gutting an AT2k and using that as a secondary on another gun.

All around, pretty clever. Nice use of the cocking action to get them both primed! My only concern is that sheet metal; it looks....painful. Maybe use some halves of PVC to cover it up? You might have an easier time blending the edges together as well. Alla round, though, nice thinking. Cool to see an integration using something other than an AT2k or an SSPB.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

Huh. This opens a new door; possibly one could add several NF to a blaster to achieve a halo of darts...
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#5 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

don't forget to take into consideration that he more than likely has more than one nitefinder. so what's the problem with gutting one and slapping it on top of a crossfire?

good job on that by the way bowie.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

Yea I did the same thing with my NF about 2 months ago. It was okay I thought, so I decided not to post it. But good for you posting it, the credit is yours!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

Well, actually, this was my only NF, but I didn't really like the gun, since I don't play at all. I just tinker. I didn't really see it going anywhere else. Besides, if I want a small spring pistol, I'll just make another snapper.

Warx is spot on with that one. It's supposed to take the place of an SSPB, except with rails, so it can just snap on anywhere, with the added benefit of the double-cocking on a CF. I might look into putting on female rails, because it would be quite nice on a mav.

You know what would be handy? Rail system couplers. By that, I mean two male or female parts stuck together, to connect things that were previously incompatible, such as, say, mavs and dart tags, or CF's and Titans. You get the point. I'd do it, but, as of right now, I only have one of each type. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to make my own rails.

Yea I did the same thing with my NF about 2 months ago. It was okay I thought, so I decided not to post it. But good for you posting it, the credit is yours!

Cool. Have you used it in a war at all? If you did, was it useful?

And yes, it's not a momentous advance. It's one of those "I wonder..." ideas, like foxtails, and I hadn't seen it on here before, so I decided to post it. Credit's all yours if you want it, but I don't think it's really significant enough to need that. I think it would be better left in the public domain.

Carbon, the sheet metal casing is actually quite comfortable, because pretty much all the edges are out of the way. The ones that could come near my hand are dulled as much as possible, and the forces applied by normal use aren't really strong enough or in the right direction to put me in any danger. If it does end up cutting me, hot glue should handle it nicely. That's what i did for the corners, anyway.

Edited by davidbowie, 08 May 2006 - 04:02 PM.

Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users