Photo

I Need Help Please

12 replies to this topic

#1 Zarroc

Zarroc

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hi everyone Im new to this moding and all and also to playing nerf. What I need help on is as following:

1. I need really really simple instructions on how to mod a crossfire.
2. Whats a resistor .... I just dont know.. got a pic?
3. how do you make the foam on a stefan dart strait after you put in the fishing wait?

If anyone could help id be really gratefull... thanks!

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:14 PM

1)a. Take off all the screws, don't forget the ones under the cocking mechanism.
b. Open it up and figure out what you want to do. If you want a spring replacement, take out the stock spring and put in one of your own. If you want a barrel peg removal, you're gunna have to saw the barrel in half (Crossfires are weird like that), take out the peg, and then put the two barrel halves back together.
c. Put everything back together, screws in, yata.
2) Resistor... uh... restrictor? Restrictors restrict the flow of air, it's just something you would put in the way of the barrel. Stock restrictors are usually some kind of an X with pegs coming up through and a spring behind, so it'll only fire if there's a dart in the barrel.

As for "Resistor..."...?
3)You don't. Before you cut it, you straighten it. You take your 240" and thumbtack it in straight lines or run it around your bed, and wait two weeks. Then you cut it.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 07 May 2006 - 07:16 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Zarroc

Zarroc

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Thank you alot and sorry for my spelling. As for a restrictor someone told me theres a restrictor in the cross fire but i dont know what it looks like or how to take it out....
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) Help bunny on his way to world domination by making him your signature.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

Alright I'm getting crap for this b/c it's my 9th post today or s'm but anyways.

Just look straight down your barrel. Notice how you can't see the plunger? What you see instead is the restrictor. From what I recall, the Crossfire's isn't as much a restrictor as a method of holding in a barrel peg, but all the same it slows down the flow of air. To take it out, just do the saw in half thing and make sure you stick your pocketknife in the back half and pry out anything in the way.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Alright. People, unless you're posting useless shit, or do the 10+ posts for day for over 3 days straight, it isn't that big of a deal. As long as you're contributing, you're fine.

So Flaming Hilt, don't worry about it.

If anyone is posting too much, they'll probably get a PM from one of the admins first. Unless Talio catches you, in which case you're just fucked.

As for the restrictor, I'd recommend just drilling it straight out with a proper-sized drill bit. I attempted to use a dremel and a smaller drill bit since I was too lazy to get the actual drill press out, and it took forever. So I wouldn't recommend that course of action.

~ompa

#6 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

To straighten darts, cut them to your desired length, then put all of your cut up foam backer rod into a pillow case. Once you do this, tie the top of the pillow case and throw it into a clothes drier. Keep it in there for aprox 2 min, but no more then that because you could burn them. Once the 2 min is up, take out the pillow case and stick a hair drier into the top of it. Tie the bag around the tip of the hair dryer. Put the hair dryer on "high" for 1 minute. Then take out the foam and it will be straight...gauranteed. Hope this helps.

-lilsniper
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

Note: The above varies depending on how many darts you are making at the same time.

I make smaller batches, like around 50-100, and I only use the hairdryer method for about 10-20 seconds. Any more and my darts start melting. The best way to do it is to carefully watch your darts until they are straight and not melted.

~ompa

#8 Zarroc

Zarroc

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

ya thanks for the help. I now have a bit more understanding of modding. The only thing I think I have left to ask is does anyone have a picture of the inside of a modded crossfire or nightfinder because those are the only two guns I wasnt to risk modding cause I have 0% experiance in modding.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) Help bunny on his way to world domination by making him your signature.

#9 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

Wat doese tey me3n buy uselessy shizt? ^_^
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

I'll give you two more posts to fix your current habit of using bad punctuation and grammar, or you're gone.

I of course, do not speak for any of the other admins, whom you may have/probably pissed off already.

~ompa

#11 Nero121

Nero121

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

Use the search tool. Type in Nite Finder, or Crossfire.

#12 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

There is also a very nice NF mod in the mods section of the site. Go to the home page and look left. There are a couple others stacked there too. If you ever need to try and find a mod, go to www.nerfworld.com and go to the mods directory. That helped me out a bunch.

TS

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

As for the restrictor, I'd recommend just drilling it straight out with a proper-sized drill bit. I attempted to use a dremel and a smaller drill bit since I was too lazy to get the actual drill press out, and it took forever. So I wouldn't recommend that course of action.

A 1/2" drill bit works great for that.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users