Nerf In The Near Future

What's after the Magstrike/Longshot?

12 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

After the Longshot and the Magstrike are released, what do you want Hasbro to create next? I'm curious to see what everyone wants Hasbro to make, and hopefully Hasbro will pay attention to this thread.

I'll start off:

- Clip-fed Pistol, possibly using the same clips as the Longshot.

- Larger clips for the LongShot, like a 10 or 20 round Magazine.

Edited by AssassinNF, 05 May 2006 - 07:21 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 NirvanaScorpion

NirvanaScorpion

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

Hey, I am kinda confident there going to do something with the crossbow.
"If rock n rolls illegal throw my a** in jail" - Kurt Cobain

Guitar Heroes-Jimmy Paige, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain

Newly Found(thanks General)-Yngwie Malmstein, this guy is an accoustic expert.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Just don't mention Crossbow-remake ever again on these boards. I give you warning, because many of the other members won't.

I think it's best not to try to predict the future, but make the best of what's available now. It makes things more fun.

~ompa

#4 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

Damn, I'm doing all kinds of stupid shit lately. Sorry about that, I took it off my original post.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, but my crystal ball broke a few weeks ago.
Just be patient.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

Judging from the pics of those guns and the use of the new dart style, you're going to end up spending more time figuring out how to mod them as opposed to worrying about the next guns to come out. Assuming, of course, they are moddable.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

I think they could make a decently ranged clip fed pistol, but the clip would have to go in the place of the cylinder of the Mav. Put NF internals in it, and you'd be set.

It seems that Nerf releases their pistols in the spring and their primaries in the fall. It may just be me though.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

Assuming, of course, they are moddable.

Everything's moddable, it doesn't matter how hard it will be for the LongShot to mod. Someone will figure it out, and I'm sure as hell gonna try! :D

As far as the future telling goes, I'll just ask my psychic mom. (not kidding ^_^ )

[EDIT] What shotty suggested was a good idea. I'm hoping that if nerf makes a cilp-pistol it will be a little smaller than a mav, though.

Edited by AssassinNF, 05 May 2006 - 10:16 PM.

#9 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:44 PM

Even with a clip-fed pistol, you would need good seal between chamber and barrel. That's the weakest point of the Maverick, which is pretty damn close to a clip. The revolver idea takes up less space.

I, too, think we'll have our hands full trying to get some mods on these puppies alone. We can worry about the other stuff later, but my main concern will be the soon-to-be-present stock on the market.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#10 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:14 PM

Yup. Its probably going to be hard to figure out what to do with the LS when we all get one. There's just so much to do to it. I predict the long shot to be more than the Xbow ever could be. Really, stop asking for another Xbow, as Ompa said. in the Longshot, which Hasbro has been working on for quite some time, I think they saw the love of the crossbow, and the failure of the sawtooth, and they are trying to reincarnate the two together, as one. They probably reallized that they can increase range and velocity without increasing the momentum of the dart (keeping it safe) by making a dart that has a smaller drag coefficient than any before it, producing greater ranges and velocities, without making the dart heavier or anything else that would decrease the safety of the product.

[RANT] HASBRO probably realized, I think, that NERFers are actually a pretty large % of their profit in america. Maybe as much as 2 or 3%, due to us constantly buying more and more nerf guns. (2 or 3 % is huge, by the way. Considering that there's probably less than 10'000 serious nerfers in the US, while the overall target audience probably includes almost 10 million children in the US alone.) If we influence NERF that much, then the more do-able mods that we create are seen by hasbro, and are taken lightly into consideration. Some of the easier (see: cheaper) concepts that they pick up are put into production, and, like the PC to MS, are finally of great value. (I think that the Xbow was just luck on NERF's part. I don't think they ever imagined that a slightly altered nerf gun could achieve values of 50+ dollars)

They saw us doing clip mods, deciding that they did something awfully wrong with the sawtooth, for it to be as badly rejected as it has been, when all of the NERFers do clip mods. maybe in effort to solve the sawtooth's failures, They reincarnated its overall design, even with the same bolt-action, by using smarter ammo, [probably] better seals, and a more apealing nerf gun overall, for all ages.

we have become a very small part of the target audience, and hasbro most likely does have people that check on our forums, and they do take some of the easier ideas into consideration. why else would the powerclip, and an uber version of the sawtooth be reincarnated? they saw what we were doing, and took the basic steps to improve upon old designs, that had room for improvement. [/RANT]
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:19 PM

To avoid any rants on the topic, I'll just state that Hasbro probably does not plan any designs around us, and I highly doubt we make up that large of a percentage of their target market.

Just agree with me, because the guys who visit Hasbro actually have said that.

Also, we have a Hasbro employee that checks the boards every so often.

~ompa

#12 yourmomsanerfer

yourmomsanerfer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

I think that hasbro & power wheels should teem up and create a "barbie jeep " style nerf tank.

how sweet would that be?

-yourmom
tag! no tag backs

#13 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:15 AM

Well, considering those Power Wheels things are a few feet long, can only hold like 100 pounds, and have a maximum speed of 5 mph, I highly doubt any vehicle could be created that would appeal to anyone serious enough about Nerfing to use vehicles.
I'm not too worried about the future of Nerf after the MS and the LS. Either they're awesome guns worthy of addition to any serious Nerfer's arsenal, or they aren't as good as everyone hopes they'll be. The sport will live on regardless, and Hasbro will keep trying to satisfy the masses (of which we are an impossibly small fraction, unfortunately).

EDIT: Spelling fix.

Edited by Vyperaeon Omega, 07 May 2006 - 01:16 AM.

May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users