The Guns That My Mom Has Destroyed...

shes crazy

28 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

when i read piney's initial reply post, i laughed.. hard. thats o-w-n-e-d big time, and that's exactly whats happening to you spartan, youre gettin pwnt massively. quit cryin about crap, shape up and quit being the rebellious ass that everyone believes that you are.

Theres nothing left to own... I have no guns, I have nothing. And wow my reputation was just smashed too. Jeez, forget it. Since you all are taking the wrong way Im just going to delete the initial message. And guys plz dont take this the wrong way either. Umm Piney you if youre still listening plz lock this or something.

Edited by Spartan064, 05 May 2006 - 12:30 PM.

"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#2 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

Dayum!!

What the hell did you do to deserve that!

Oh well, not my problem.

Edited by AssassinNF, 04 May 2006 - 11:44 AM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:47 AM

*takes deep breath so as not to lose my mind...*

Okay, son. Now why don't you tell us the rest of the story.

It sounds like your parents are the ones who buy you your toys, whether they be Nerf blasters, GameBoy and games, and if I understand the abbreviations, Super Nintendo, PC (for CD-ROM), and Game Cube...

...why would anyone destroy toys that they spend their hard-earned money on if you were a well-behaved, innocent little angel? Is your mom that neurotic that she has no sense of fulfillment unless she's absolutely making your life miserable by destroying household items?

I don't think so.

Once, my son (now age 9) talked back to me in a way that was extremely disrespectful. You know what I did? I sawed his favorite toy shotgun in half, in front of him. When he does good, does his chores (I mean chores like pick up 4-5 buckets of fallen fruit, vacuuming the pool and doing a water test, washing dishes, and helping clean 5 vehicles), he gets NiteFinders, CrossFires, and in a few months, Magstrikes. It's a simple principle of reward and consequence. He's gotten much smarter year by year, and he's still 9 years old.

This former user decided to tell us what a pie hole his mom was. As the thread evolved, and I did throw some advice in there too, he began to go from "my mom is a *^&$%, to becoming the defending hero son, threatening members for sharing the original disparaging thoughts about his mother.

My advice? Go tell your mom that you're sorry for being such a burden on her life. Then shape up.

Otherwise, move out, get a job, and show your mom just how smart you are.

We parents know what's best for you, it's a crappy job, but we're in it for life. So be glad you've got a mom.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

God I cant wait until I move out in two years.

I.......I just don't know what to say. How old are you? I can't even formulate a coherent thought after reading this. Issues man, you've got issues.
I hate you.

#5 Jabs

Jabs

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

wtf pk?

No one reads nerf forums to hear senseless baby-bitching, and if they do, at least its about actual mods and what not. So go cry about it. -Jabs

#6 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

I.......I just don't know what to say. How old are you? I can't even formulate a coherent thought after reading this. Issues man, you've got issues.

I second this. I have trouble believing you're 16.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:47 PM

Kudos, Pineapple. Well said.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 04 May 2006 - 04:05 PM.

#8 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:01 PM

I second this. I have trouble believing you're 16.

I believe he's sixteen, but I think it's one of those situations where kids [any age] are oblivious to the fact that there is a cause for every effect.

Effect: Nerf Guns are gone

Cause: ???

#9 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

List of guns that my mom has either destoyed or thrown away:
1 Maverick
3 Nite-Finders
1 Pocket Shot
1 Tech Target (old style)
It all started with my Game Boy. She smashed it on the ground with my Pokemon Blue in it. Next was my mech wars CD Rom, then my megaman X for SNES. Then SSMB for GC.

Sweet.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#10 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

Piney I would never want to presume to tell you how to parent nor am I a parent myself. However, I can tell you that sawing a young childs toy in half because he was disrespectful towards you is stooping to his level. Its immature and what does it teach? If you (the child) are disrespectful to me the much older and presumeably wiser parent I will be an asshole. Why on earth would you choose to procreate and than refer to a child as a burden on the life of the parent? We dont know what really possesed this young mans mother to throw out his possesions. We dont know who paid for them or what their current faimly environment is like so it is wrong for any of us to scold this kid. While its easy to get on your soap box and claim to be the high and mighty parental gaurdian, I hope you dont forget that not all of us are blessed with the care of loveing parents. I come from an environment that was originally quite the opposite. Both my parents had bouts with substance abuse and I will tell you that my biological mother and father are proof that idiots who are burdens on their children do procreate. Im through all that now but before we pass judgement on this kid we should know more about him.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#11 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

Ouch. The Game Boy especially makes me cringe.

Piney: I wish I got rewards like that...

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

Im through all that now but before we pass judgement on this kid we should know more about him.

Agreed, and noted....HOWEVER,

I'll put for the record that destroying a child's toy in front of him was a whole lot better than sending him through the wall, or drop-kicking him.

And if, at a later age, he figures to take his old man on, that's fine. Any day. As long as I provide everything he needs for a good upbringing, including discipline, and he's under my roof, I make the rules. If he doesn't like them, the door is right there.

But he doesn't; in fact, after the shotgun incident, he told me he realized what a load of stress he put on Dad, and apologized (he basically crashed my work laptop despite my request that he doesn't install any of his games on it. His disobedience caused me to lose several month's work.) My son thinks that I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

It's just that if Spartan wants to harp about his relational problems with his mom, he ought to save it for his blog. Or Forum-125. If he doesn't have any Nerf blasters right now, that's too bad, but it doesn't validate reason to begin posting about every aspect of his life. EVERYBODY HAS PROBLEMS IN LIFE. This isn't the arena to be touchy-feely and somehow, someway, try to get in touch with ourselves.

I was >< that close to deleting the thread as 'unnecessary', but figured to leave it in for input from the community.

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult upbringings, but for your information, I too, was raised in one of those "disadvantaged", broken homes. Hasn't fazed me any. In fact, it forced me to grow up before my time. Made me a much better, stronger parent. I could go on, but it'll get really off-topic, even for a Nerf-related forum board.

And on this particular environment, NerfHaven, I am the high and mighty parent. Voice your opposing opinion if you must, but if the way I dispense advice really bothers you, contact cxwq or Shindig about getting me removed as an administrator.

I call 'em as I see 'em.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

Piney I would never want to presume to tell you how to parent nor am I a parent myself. However, I can tell you that sawing a young childs toy in half because he was disrespectful towards you is stooping to his level. Its immature and what does it teach?

It teaches him that if you treat people like shit, you will get treated like shit. I can honestly tell you that by the time you get to college, you can tell how your classmates were raised. Kids that get severely punished every once in a while are typically not bastards later in life. I'm not saying my parents beat me, but a good swat every once in a while went a long way. Piney may have decided he didn't want to give his son a good whack and felt that sawing his plastic shotgun in half would be a better punishment. Raising good kids aren't easy these days and I applaud anyone who is trying to do it right. I see way to many parents cave and it hurts the kids later on in life. In short, you need to treat your kids to be respectful. Later in life being disrespectful to the wrong person can land you a good punch to the face or being fired from a job.

If you (the child) are disrespectful to me the much older and presumeably wiser parent I will be an asshole. Why on earth would you choose to procreate and than refer to a child as a burden on the life of the parent?

I can tell you that throughout my life, I have been both a terrible burden and blessing on my parents. They (and Piney) are human to. I'm sure there have been times where my parents wished they didn't have kids.

We dont know what really possesed this young mans mother to throw out his possesions. We dont know who paid for them or what their current faimly environment is like so it is wrong for any of us to scold this kid. While its easy to get on your soap box and claim to be the high and mighty parental gaurdian, I hope you dont forget that not all of us are blessed with the care of loveing parents. I come from an environment that was originally quite the opposite. Both my parents had bouts with substance abuse and I will tell you that my biological mother and father are proof that idiots who are burdens on their children do procreate. Im through all that now but before we pass judgement on this kid we should know more about him.

Most of us know and understand that. What you need to understand is that we can't differentiate between severe personal issues and just someone needing time to bitch. Instead of trying to sift through the bullshit, we elect to discourage all discussion like this. There is too much substance to personal problems for a discussion board. It's better to talk to someone that knows you. Since this is an online community, beyond your posts, I know nothing about you. Nor do I desire to know anything about you unless I inquire about it specifically. If you are looking for someone to cry with, we have this great admin by the name of Vacc. I'm sure he'd love to reply to your problems. :lol:

I expect this topic to wrap itself up soon. If you don't have something significant to add, sit on the sidelines, because this will all be over soon one way or another.

EDIT: Piney, for once you just managed beat someone to the punch my friend.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

As a teenage kid at probably near the same situation as you, I've decided on a better path. I don't bitch about my parents to other people. I do what it takes to prove them wrong. Bitching doesn't get you anywhere, action does. If your mom keeps harping on you about how milk is bad, do research on the benefits, present a well-thought out and CORRECT arguement. If I ever want something, I present my case on WHY I want it, why I think I deserve it, and what I am willing to do to get it. My parents ask for good grades, I get them.

At one point in time they complained about how I spent my money; I simply told them that I had wanted to get a job for the past 2 years, and they had never let me. I told them that if they wanted to complain about my spending and would not let me get a job, that it was unfair. That summer, they let me get a job, which in the end my mom made me quit because she thought it was "too stressful" (I loved the job however, CompUSA paid me $8 an hour starting, plus commission). However, my point was made, and my parents saw I was more than willing to work for what I wanted.

As long as you can prove that you are capable of performing up to expections, and will work for what you want, there is no logical reason why your parents would be breaking your stuff.

It teaches him that if you treat people like shit, you will get treated like shit. I can honestly tell you that by the time you get to college, you can tell how your classmates were raised. Kids that get severely punished every once in a while are typically not bastards later in life. I'm not saying my parents beat me, but a good swat every once in a while went a long way. Piney may have decided he didn't want to give his son a good whack and felt that sawing his plastic shotgun in half would be a better punishment. Raising good kids aren't easy these days and I applaud anyone who is trying to do it right. I see way to many parents cave and it hurts the kids later on in life. In short, you need to treat your kids to be respectful. Later in life being disrespectful to the wrong person can land you a good punch to the face or being fired from a job.

Fully agreed. Many kids at my school get money to do everything; including their drinking and drug habits. That is not the way to raise a kid. Punish a kid if they do something wrong, because it'll give them a sense of what's right and wrong.

I'll watch the topic; if it gets any further out of hand, consider it closed.

~ompa

#15 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

It's just that if Spartan wants to harp about his relational problems with his mom, he ought to save it for his blog. Or Forum-125. If he doesn't have any Nerf blasters right now, that's too bad, but it doesn't validate reason to begin posting about every aspect of his life. EVERYBODY HAS PROBLEMS IN LIFE. This isn't the arena to be touchy-feely and somehow, someway, try to get in touch with ourselves.

Piney saves the day again.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#16 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Emo-ing on this discussion board is useless, you're just going to have more reasons to cry by the time we're finished with you.

Everyone has arguments with their parents, and everyone can admit that they've "hated" their parents a few times; some more than others.

Just get over it. Life goes on, and if you must, leave your parents behind and make a life for yourself.

No one said you had to keep shit inside all the time, but take it somewhere else. Speaking to someone who cares is better than whining to people who don't.

I love how the topic-starter tried to relate this to Nerf by listing toys that his mother has thrown out. A vain attempt, because I still think that you're a fucking loser. There is a time and place for bitching and complaining, and that time is not here, or now.

I'm regurgitating some words here, but I'd just like to further the point that no one here cares at all about this kid's "problems". For all we know, he could just be PMSing because he isn't getting spoiled as much as he used to, and his parents are changing tactics.

Who knows?

I certainly don't, but I know from experience that sharing your personal thoughts and shit here is a first class ticket to the flame-diddle of your life.

Not to mention that VACC doesn't take kindly to childish rants about home-life.

I'm sorry if this post was not warranted, Piney, Shinny. I felt that I needed to comment because I'm sick and tired of this "I hate my parents, they don't understand me!" shit.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#17 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

Perhaps you have a Myspace or something? If so, you could put this under a blog for other people to feel sorry for you.

I agree with the idea that he isn't 16. This squabble sounds like it would come from elementary/junior high levels. I've never thrown a hissy-fit like this at least since I was a wee lad.

And then to come to a Nerf forum to bitch. You did place this in an off-topic forum (I'll give you that), however, it was meant for constructive threads. If you want to complain about parenting, find someone who intends to help you with it.

If you really are 16 and you still face consequences like this, it tells us all something. You don't act your age. The responsibility to drive is still to great for you. Buck up, and come back when you've taken the time for self-reflection and inner debate.

~Rings

PS: I'm glad Piney got his position; not only does he know Nerf, but he has wisdom from years past.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#18 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

I will only give this dude sympathy when he actually tells us why and not some whole emo "THE WORLD'S OUT TO GET ME" crap.
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

Emo-ing on this discussion board is useless, you're just going to have more reasons to cry by the time we're finished with you.

I love how the topic-starter tried to relate this to Nerf by listing toys that his mother has thrown out. A vain attempt, because I still think that you're a fucking loser. There is a time and place for bitching and complaining, and that time is not here, or now.

I have been noticing an increase in Black Wrath's anger. BW I officially dub you "Talio diet".

Chances are your mom is normal. Everyone has a time where they hate their parents or dislike them strongly.
There are some parents out there that have severe psychological problems. I know of two friends who do and let me tell you, these are the friends that keep that shit quiet. Not people who go posting it on the internet. It's just like emo kids who say they are suicidal. Yet somehow all these kids made it through highschool. It's the ones you would least expect. But thats another topic for another forum on another website.

The boards have been pretty weak lately lets see some new mods!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

Bah, we're working on it man. It's the tail-end of school, so expect to be seeing a slew of stuff from me within the next month, and I'm assuming the same steady stream from Carbon, and who knows from Boltsniper.

Stuff's coming man.

I vote BW's nickname to be "Spawn of Talio".

~ompa

#21 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

I vote BW's nickname to be "Spawn of Talio".

~ompa

God damn it!

Oh well, I guess I had it coming.

I'm sorry for seeming overly angry, I'll quit this gig for a while.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#22 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:40 AM

wtf pk?

No one reads nerf forums to hear senseless baby-bitching, and if they do, at least its about actual mods and what not. So go cry about it. -Jabs

I could understand where youre coming from if I posted this in the mod section but alas, off topic.
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#23 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:02 PM

Don't even know what to say. If you're dumb enough to think that just because you're having fun your mom HAS to destroy those things that make life pleasurable, you deserve to have them destroyed. You obviously did something to deserve the smashing and destruction of such things and she destroyed them rightfully. parents are ALLOWED to be tyrannical, they're our superiors, the dipshits that talk back and disrespect their parents deserve disrespect, and when they aren't disresepcted by their parents, their parents arent doing a good job parenting.

when i read piney's initial reply post, i laughed.. hard. thats o-w-n-e-d big time, and that's exactly whats happening to you spartan, youre gettin pwnt massively. quit cryin about crap, shape up and quit being the rebellious ass that everyone believes that you are.

I'm sure theres much more i can say, but i won't.

#24 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:27 PM

Didn't I ask people to sit on the sidelines? I really thought I did, but I guess I'm wrong cause I doubt most of you have the balls to piss off an admin. When I ask or suggest that you do something, you had better do it (that means you too Black Wrath).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#25 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

However, I can tell you that sawing a young childs toy in half because he was disrespectful towards you is stooping to his level. Its immature and what does it teach?

I can honestly tell you that by the time you get to college, you can tell how your classmates were raised.

Wow. Even sawing a toy in half is considered cruel, over-the-top punishment, these days? And I thought it was bad when people talked about spanking as if it were Death by Firing Squad.

Discipline is a necessary part of child rearing. When I was growing up, I knew that if I acted up, I'd get a spanking. Being a dumb kid, I'd still act up every now and again. And I'd get my discipline for it. Same goes for both of my brothers. Our prosperity today is a direct result of my mother's having the werewithal to punish us when we were younger.

I walk around these days and I see parents whose children smack stuff off the shelves in stores, yell foul words at the top of their lungs, and throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way. And what do the parents do about it? Most ignore it. Some say, "if you do that one more time..." about a million times and don't actually do anything about it. Rarely, I'll see a parent who has the courage to actually discipline their child; and that sight brings a cheerfulness to my heart.

Parents aren't supposed to be their kids' best friends. Parents are supposed to be parents.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users