Hey I'm A Noob Who Needs Help With A Project

Anyone has any ideas about a rifle design with clip

11 replies to this topic

#1 shadow ninja

shadow ninja

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

Recenetly I started my created an awsome design for a nerf loser rifle that used these huge Home Depot springs. I put the gun together and it doesn't work. DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO HELP ME!

Edited by shadow ninja, 29 April 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO HELP ME!

Not really, unless you have some way of letting us know more about your design. Pictures and plans would be helpful.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 shadow ninja

shadow ninja

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

Yeah well my cameras busted but basically it's a regular configuration (you know a plunger spring and a clip system).

Oh Ive had plans on my computer for a while guess I could get those if I can find them.

Edited by shadow ninja, 29 April 2006 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:20 PM

You're not giving us anything to work with.

Does the plunger move?
Does the firing system not engage?
Do the darts not leave the barrel?
What style of clip?
What style of plunger?
What style of trigger?

You're going to have to define "not work", and exactly what your regular "plunger and clip" system is. I mean, the NEAR, the FAR and the SNAP-4 are all "plunger and clip" guns, but are wildly different. Give us something to work with.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

If you have plans for it, post them; I'm willing to bet ONE of us could figure out how it works, and where the problem(s) might lie.

~ompa

#6 shadow ninja

shadow ninja

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

oh well..................guess I'm screwed fo now .

Wait I just tried it out and I think there's to much pressure on my firing pin any ideas?

Things about the gun:
.close pin trigger
.pvc body
.micro darts for ammo
.pvc covered by end caps to a wooden dowel for plunger
.gravity clip fed
.can leave barrel but gets like 2 feet
.firing works but it's hard to do

Edited by shadow ninja, 29 April 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

Okay, that helps.

If the trigger pull is hard, you're using a clothespin trigger, and the springs are as massive as you're saying, it sounds like you don't have enough mechanical advantage on your trigger. Make the part of the trigger you pull on longer to give yourself a better lever.

As far as your dart only going 2'...that'd be all about the seal you're using on your plunger. Are you using o-rings, electrial tape, or good intentions for your seal?

#8 shadow ninja

shadow ninja

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Actually it's a very tight rubber band cylander that I stole from my solar sprints class(if anyone knows what a solar sprint class is).

Look I got to go I'll be back in a couple days to finish this conversation.

#9 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

Actually it's a very tight rubber band cylander that I stole from my solar sprints class(if anyone knows what a solar sprint class is).

Look I got to go I'll be back in a couple days to finish this conversation.

...so in the period of one hour, you come to the table desperate for help, without pictures OR plans (whic you lost), and describe items that most of us don't have (or know about)...and now you say "got to go, back in a couple days..."

Interesting.

Come back with pictures or plans, and you have some of the best here to help you.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#10 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

Not sure what the point is, but it seems sketchy, but why?

#11 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Yea, I think the problem (as Carbon said) is that the clothespin has too little mechanical advantage. I have lots of fun with this problem making my Custom FAR. If you don't know what to do, just go online and find some stuff about levers and try again.

Put simply, you want the side you pull on to be as long as possible, and the side the firing pin is on to be as short as possible (but still long enough to move the firing pin enough distance).

Also... yes, the barrel seal could be a problem. Also something I encountered with my FAR. Just for the heck of it, I stuck on a different barrel and it shot to the wall (before it had just come out and then fallen straight to the ground). As it ends up, the barrels had different seals, and... well... the point is, check your seal.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#12 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:52 AM

It sounds like your clip is poorly made and you have major air leaks. Go look at some clip designs and make on of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users