Jump to content


Photo

A Wildfire Repair

Air hose connection replacement

1 reply to this topic

#1 Carbon

Carbon

    Contriberator

  • Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • State:Wisconsin
  • Country:United States

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

I just found myself the proud owner of a Wildfire...thanks, Cadmond! Only problem is that it's broken. I cracked it open and fixed it, and thought I'd share what I found.

The break was at the rear of the piston, where the air hose connects. (Marked for your convenience)
Posted Image

The plastic nipple on the piston had cracked. I replaced the hose nipple with a half inch length of 1/8" brass. I drilled out the hole at the back of the piston so the length of brass fit tightly (I drilled one size small). I sealed it with hot glue (goop would be better, but it's all I have).

The broken nipple was still in the hose, and not coming out, so I cut it off. 1/8" brass fits perfectly inside of Wildfire hose, a nice tight fit.

Here's the finished fix:
Posted Image

Edited by Carbon, 24 April 2006 - 09:48 PM.

  • 0
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#2 tucker

tucker

    Member

  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Location:CA

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

Nice work carbon.
May I suggest using a hose clamp on the tubing for a more secure seal.
  • 0

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users