Pvc?

What sizes fit into what?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:04 PM

Ok I'm making a clip and I need it to shoot stock micros. I basically need to know a couple of things. What does 1/2 PVC fit into? 3/4 or 1 inch? It needs to be a smooth fit but not too lose. I need to be able to slide it back and forth as way as a breech. All help is appreciated.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#2 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

1/2" doesn't fit into 3/4" SCH-40 at all, and it's very loose in 1" SCH-40. 3/4" thinwall Is pretty loose as well. I haven't tried 1" SCH-80, but I'd assume it's loose as well. I think 3/4" copper is too narrow, but I'm not sure about that.

From my experience, 1/2" PVC doesn't have a very good fit in much of anything. you might have to use a spacer, or a different barrel material.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

1/2" doesn't fit into 3/4" SCH-40 at all, and it's very loose in 1" SCH-40. 3/4" thinwall Is pretty loose as well. I haven't tried 1" SCH-80, but I'd assume it's loose as well. I think 3/4" copper is too narrow, but I'm not sure about that.

From my experience, 1/2" PVC doesn't have a very good fit in much of anything. you might have to use a spacer, or a different barrel material.

Hmm I could always use some e tape to make it fit better.
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 FromAbove

FromAbove

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

Possibly off topic but what is the outside diameter of 1/2 pvc? I ask because 1/2 CPVC fits quite well inside 3/4 Alum. tubing.

Hope this helps somehow. If not, goodluck.

FA.
Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope.

Do you mean with an integration or what? Because size doesn't have anything to do with performance...-NerfMonkey

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:41 PM

I'm working on a breech system type clip that shoots stock micros. So I need 1/2 pvc to fit into something kinda of snuggly.
QUOTE (Talio)

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

I'd use 3/4" thinwall or 1" thick and then wrap tape around the 1/2." That's all I can think of. If you don't need it to be airtight you could use cardboard, sheet foam... paper...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:24 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...de/zero_breech/

And right here on this freaking site, wouldn't you know it.

Edited by Shotty_Master, 19 May 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:56 PM

Ok that was just uncalled for dude. I knew about that, asshole. 1 inch is too big. Besides I made my thing today anyways. 3/4 inch thinwall did the trick. Theres no need to be an asshole.
QUOTE (Talio)

#9 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

What does 1/2 PVC fit into? 3/4 or 1 inch? It needs to be a smooth fit but not too lose. I need to be able to slide it back and forth as way as a breech. All help is appreciated.

What I linked you to pretty much covered what you asked for. Sorry if you thought I was out of line, to me this seemed like another one of those "hey, you think for me so I dont have to search".

Edited by Shotty_Master, 20 May 2006 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users