Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic

New Xbox and PC game

24 replies to this topic

#1 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:05 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic finally came out. I plan on buying it as soon as I can scrounge up some money. Has anyone else been anticipating it's release? It was rated the best RPG on Xbox (granted they don't have alot, but still...). Supposedly, you can customize your lightsabers by finding and using crystals. There are three classes of crystals, each with it's own purpose. One is for the saber color, while another determines it's strength, while the last one (and the coolest of all) is the real "customizer". It can make your saber better at like blocking laser blasts or cutting through steel. All in all, I am thrilled (even if I do have to trade in MechAssault to get it ::grumble, grumble:;).
The girlfriends are for the boobies. The girls who are friends are for the... boobies.
-Howie

#2 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:30 PM

Yep, my best friend bought it. Fun game! The only problem.. You only get the chance to be a Jedi very far into the game. So no runnin around with a lightsaber from the start..
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#3 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:03 PM

Doh!! Well, what do you start out with?
The girlfriends are for the boobies. The girls who are friends are for the... boobies.
-Howie

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:29 PM

Probably something similiar to what you started out with in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - a blaster pistol, and a pointy butt.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:34 AM

Doh! Well, that sucks ;) They said you can get bladed weapons also, hopefully like swords and stuff.
-Howie

#6 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 10:30 AM

Indeed. You can get something called a "Vibroblade" that you can use against Lightsabers. It's supposedly made out of this wierd metal junk that a lightsaber can't cut through. You can have a gun in each hand, and the guns can be different, so that adds a bit of diversity, I guess.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#7 taber man

taber man

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 11:52 AM

kool, i don't have an X-Box, but isn't KOTOR coming out on, or just out on the PS2 also?
so this is a signature... wow, they're a lot smaller in person... o.O;

#8 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 02:29 PM

Not that I know of. I am pretty sure it is just getting released for PC and Xbox. But PS2 is getting another Everquest game that is alot like Baldur's Gate. It is called Champions of Norrath: Everquest Adventures. So thats that game and EQ: Online Adventures, so no complainin! :P
-Howie

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 11:15 PM

::sigh::

To quote something spoon once said, "Uncultured youth!".

I remember the days when people actually used to know shit like this, not just drop draw by the fact that a crap actor never in a million years is he ever going to protray vader happens to grab up a second lightsaber. OOOOH, and the results, one less limb...fun.

Anyway, I feel as a true fan of episode 4-6 and an official boycotter of episode 1-3, that I should say what I vibroblade truely is.

It has nothing to do with the metal. The damn thing could be made out of plastic if you wanted it to be (not that it would be an effective weapon at that point though). A vibroblade is an ultrasonic vibration weopon in the form of a knife, dagger, or as in the new game, a sword. Choice weapon of the underworld, the blade edge reverberates giving it extreme cutting power at the slightest touch. Reason a lightsaber can't cut it is because of the emense ammounts of atomic and electrical energy surging through the blade.

Sorry if it seemed militant, but we have to keep the holy trilogy alive, despite of the prequels.

Thank you,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:13 AM

Wooo! That thing sounds frikin' awesome! I think you can dual wield them in this game too. I think it is funny if you watch like Star Wars Episode IV (A New Hope) and then watch Episode II, people could fight ALOT better like 50 years ago. I know it is because of the choreography, but I bet George Lucas never expected that. :P
-Howie

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:49 PM

Ha, better, notice how much more the force was used in episode 4. Honestly that's one of the reasons I don't like the prequels. Anyway, Knights is very rebellion esque. It doesn't have the friggin ballet dancing yoda or anything like that. Down home hardcore saber cruching the way it was ment to be, not space ninja's 3D, or I mean episode I.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#12 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 07:48 AM

Blargh! I hated Episode I. I thought Qui-Gon Jinn was goofy.
-Howie

#13 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:56 PM

I'm gonna say one thing: None of you are my fathers. Go away. Now.

#14 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:09 PM

Doh! I had my fingers crossed. I always wanted to cut someone's arm off wearing a re-breather :ph34r:
-Howie

#15 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:52 PM

Go have kids and name your boy Luke. Run away and go to the "Dark Side," and then chop off his arm. Yes, even with your cond-, I mean, re-breather.

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:39 PM

What the fuck did you just say? .....oohh, ooohh, are we speaking retard today?Lemme try. Ahem... Star Wars Glaxies seems like a worthwhile investment.

#17 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 08:27 AM

I thought SWG was.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#18 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:07 AM

I rest my case.

#19 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

Heh, glad you voiced your opinion, Vacc. Well, everyone, I got the game. It is AMAZING. I just became a "Jedi Guardian". It is alot like D&D rules. you choose and action, and that consumes your turn, but there aren't any "random battle" things. Overall, I give it a 9.5 out of 10. But then again, I haven't finished it yet ;)
-Howie

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:47 PM

It's still no halo, I don't care what you say. Now all we need is a nerf mod.

#21 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 12:44 AM

I think comparing KOTOR to Halo is an obvious sign that your understanding of video games in general reaches back a grand total of 3 years. They are genres apart my friend. They need not stack up against each other in any way shape or form.

#22 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:53 PM

Good god this game rocks. When I bought it, the clerk made a joke that I had to "Sign a wavier" in case I died of starvation while playing the game. The wavier was, of course, the receipt for buying the game with my debit card. But damn, once you start playing you can't stop.

It's also one of the funniest games I've ever played. One of the characters is a droid that has, somehow, managed to travel down the path to the "dark side". It's an extremely cynical, evil droid. Through a series of repairs on the droid, you learn about its humorous past.

#23 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 01:16 PM

Hey Dan, how far are you? I am on Manaan in the Sith Base, and I can't find a way out. If I go out the normal exit, the Selkath put me under trial and kill me. :wacko:
-Howie

#24 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:59 PM

I got it. Cause I'm always looking for a game that will have me playing for a long time without being bored of it. But Im doing kinda bad. I need money. Im stuck on Taris. And I'm not sure what side I should be on. Cause if my appearance changes to something cool on the dark side, then Im so there. My guy looks funny.
Whats a good gun I can buy that with help me with the duel ring? I keep dying in the duel with Gerlon Two-fingers. I'm not an RPGer really, but I like the game. :blink:
I'm now on the 3rd or 4th person in the duel ring.
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#25 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 05:43 PM

Well, DJ, I haven't used a guy with a gun yet. I just became a Jedi this morning and am using dual lightsabers. On Taris, I always used two vibroswords. I used them until I got to Dantooine. The duel ring accually has nothing to do with the plot, but you gain dark side points when you defeat Bendak Starkiller. What level are you? BTW, when you get Zaalbar, don't use him! You can't put armor on him.
-Howie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users