Blastfire Oddities

Why is the Blast more Powerful?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:10 AM

I recently recieved a new supply of brass, and therefore went and modded the only stock gun in my arsenal - my blastfire. I got it to fire by spraying WD40 down the barrels and shooting/pumping repeatedly, it seems to have sealed up ( NOTE - I really don't want people to say " But TS, WD40 eats rubber! ". Restrain yourself, I searched ) and is now firing fine.

Except for the fact that it doesn't fire the darts as far as I'd like. I'd really like them to leave the barrel. After messing with it for a while, I realized that the Blast function, that fires all five chambers at once, rockets the darts out. The same darts, at that. This was very strange, considering it's the same tanks, just released all at once, or am I misunderstanding the mechanism?

Could someone explain this phenomenon? I'd really like to be able to use my BF.

TS

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:13 AM

I THINK it's like this;

The Blast might seem it's shooting stronger than standard fire because the exaust for Blast mode is larger than the exhaust in standard fire, thus making the flow faster, thus making the valve open faster, thus shooting the darts quicker.
Basically, when pulling the trigger, an O-ring has to pass a hole (the valve's exhaust - small; roughly 1/8" diameter). This means the air only escapes as fast as you pull the trigger back as opposed to almost instantly when you hit the Blast button.
I hope this helps you. :)

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#3 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

But then why did this not occur when the gun was stock?

Whatever, that part doesn't matter. What DOES matter is - how do I get it to fire well when I don't hit the Blast button?

TS

#4 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

But then why did this not occur when the gun was stock?

Whatever, that part doesn't matter. What DOES matter is - how do I get it to fire well when I don't hit the Blast button?

TS

This is gonna sound goofy, but just pull the trigger harder. It'll help get the o-ring past the hole in the valve body quicker.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#5 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, but I just think that this isn't the blasfire that it used to be. I'm going to cut down the barrels a bit and see how it does.

TS

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

The BF should be able to hit 65-70'. If yours doesn't then I think its still the WD40. Because I put WD40 in my old EAB and it was never the same for some reason. I wiped it, washed it, did everything but it never was the same. OR you just have a bad leaky BF.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

No no, you're misreading it. It didn't hold air, then I applied WD40 and now it does hold air. There seems to be a fair amount of force when there isn't a dart in the barrel, but the dart goes 5', or doesn't come out, when I put a dart in. I'm gonna try sanding the end of the barrels, and if that doesn't work I'm gonna cut down the barrels a bit.

TS

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:27 PM

O okay I slightly misread. So wait WD40 made your BF workagain?! That is awesome! I still believe it has something to do with the seal. Even though air is releasing properly with no darts in, not enough pressure is pushing against the dart.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#9 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

O okay I slightly misread. So wait WD40 made your BF workagain?! That is awesome! I still believe it has something to do with the seal. Even though air is releasing properly with no darts in, not enough pressure is pushing against the dart.

...And that could mean that your air seal between the dart(s) and barrel(s) isn't tight enough. I've never had BF, but I know that it should be amazing. It [i]does[/s] have multiple airtanks (versus a bladder), right? if so, I would think that it is capable of very high ranges if you reinforce the air tanks and pump assembly, so that you can over pump it...

again though, I've never seen a BF, and I could be completely wrong here. I'm just trying to help.
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users