and explanation..

3 replies to this topic

#1 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:17 AM

Folks,

I'm trying to add a post to every topic I add to the directory that says, "Added to the directory," or something to that extent. Obviously, I'm not going to start posting on years-old posts, but I am going to post on topics within the month or so.

The reason for this topic is really just to tell everyone that I don't mean to incite any old-topic posting flames, but rather want to make it easy to know if a mod has been added to the directory without having to check the actual directory. The other reason is that at the moment of this topic, the first five (!) topics of the modifications forum have me as the newest poster... I wouldn't want people to get annoyed with "overposts" when many are just directory notifications.

If anyone disagrees with this method, just let me know, and I'll stop.

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

Why don't you just post multiple times and bump your own thread, citing "added___(insert mod here)______ to the directory". That way, your "Directory" post gets in on the current update box, and you won't have a half dozen ancient posts with your name as the last poster. Personally, AND THIS IS JUST ME, I wouldn't mind if you bump your directory thread...it would inform users what you added to it.

If the modifications are fairly current, just add them to your directory. We'll know where to go to find them.

No matter what, new users seem to like to jump on necro-thread-raisers. Maybe it's their way of feeling like part of the fold. An interesting phenomenon indeed.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

Why don't you just post multiple times and bump your own thread, citing "added___(insert mod here)______ to the directory". That way, your "Directory" post gets in on the current update box, and you won't have a half dozen ancient posts with your name as the last poster.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I'll do that from now on.

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

And if the topic gets too long, all the older updates could easily be merged into one post, and the redundant posts deleted. So, problem solved. Thanks for putting in the time and effort into making the directory, it's really helpful.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users