6 replies to this topic

#1 Kail

Kail

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

Here's my new Coral Viper mod.

Posted Image

Basically flipped it around, removed the tubing, put a 2.5in. piece of 1/2 CPVC inside a 4in. piece of 3/4 CPVC (not sure what it is, some grey pipe we had in the basement), and glued it onto the plunger barrel.

Then I fashioned a trigger and pivot point from an old CD and piece of hanger wire.

Posted Image

I didn't want to waste any of the old parts, so with a bit of dremel work and various glues, I managed to fit them back on nicely.

Here's a size comparison pic with a NF.

Posted Image

Ranges aren't all the great yet, I'm only getting 40-50ft. Haven't had a chance to try bands yet, so I'll update when I do.

Also, yeah this is my first post, but I'm not a noob to Nerfing or the NIC either. I've been Nerfing on and off since I was 9, but mostly through middle school (in college now.) Had a lame Geocities Nerf site and everything. So anyway, hi everyone :unsure:

And here's a bit of what I'm working on next...

Posted Image

#2 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:35 AM

Good job on your Coral Viper, can't wait to see your Mod on the Nitro-Quad!

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

Props to you, Kail.

The Coral Viper was a blaster that I once wrote off as "unmodifiable". I now can admit wrong to that.

You turned a fairly useless-for-real-Nerf-warring blaster, and in my opinion, made it usable in the practical sense (meaning the form, reloadability, and ability to actually aim-and-shoot), and with some sense of style!

No need to "prove yourself not a noob". Your initial work shows that. Your first post is a practical modification that turned a 'loser' into a 'bruiser' (well, good luck on the second part, but you're almost there!) :unsure:

Keep up the good work, dude. Post progress on the NitroQuad; is that what it is? I don't recognize it just by looking at it like that. Then again, you've probably been playing much longer than me.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:01 AM

A CD hinge...now that's a great idea! That's something that's not only innovative in terms of this mod, but really useful in general. Fashioning small parts like that is a pain. Good job!

Edited by Carbon, 17 April 2006 - 11:02 AM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

Wow, now that's a surprise. A clean, well-done mod on a Coral Viper? I think it's funny that 40-50 ranges are considered lamentable or unsatisfactory; for a gun that was formerly garbage, I'd say those ranges are mighty impressive. Nice mod!
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#6 Kail

Kail

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for the comments guys!

The Coral Viper was a blaster that I once wrote off as "unmodifiable".

What else have you filed under "unmodifiable?" I'm always looking for more test subjects. :lol:

#7 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:14 PM

After seeing this im kicking my self for not picking up the one i saw at goodwill last week good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users