Photo

Lbb Uses Piston Valve?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

Does the LBB use a piston valve? The trigger pulls that rod so I'm assuming it pulling the black rubber disk you see when you look down the barrel, just like a piston valve.

#2 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

Almost every air pressure Nerf gun uses a piston valve. Get used to it.

#3 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

Oh, ok. Sorry, didn't know...I just wanted to see if I could just saw this part off to use on my homemade...

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

VV, why does it matter if it's a piston valve? The important part is that it's a valve. You can use any nerf or off-brand valve with a new tank and barrel.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#5 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:49 PM

Piston valves allow more air flow than ball valves. And I can't afford a sprinkler valve right now. Burst disks burst at any time. Sooo that's why I'm looking for a ready-to-go piston valve.

#6 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

Piston valves allow more air flow than ball valves. And I can't afford a sprinkler valve right now. Burst disks burst at any time. Sooo that's why I'm looking for a ready-to-go piston valve.

Most ball valves have FULL PORT. You can't get any better flow than that for a given size pipe.

Sprinkler valves are about $12.

Also, you're thinking of the wrong kind of piston valve. The kind in an LBB is a manual piston valve. It's got a fairly slow open time. Plus, it's small. It's got pretty low flow. It won't perform nearly as well as a sprinkler.

The kind you've been hearing about are PILOT VALVES. Sprinkler valves are a kind of pilot valve, although they use a diaphragm instead of a piston. A properly made piston pilot valve will outshoot pretty much anything. You pretty much have to make them, though. It's not terribly hard.

#7 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

I don't know how to mod a sprinkler valve though...I asked at spudfiles but they just say "If you don't know how, then you shouldn't be making it"...Also alot of people at spudfiles said that ball valves suck. So yeah, I'm just following them...

#8 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

I asked at spudfiles but they just say "If you don't know how, then you shouldn't be making it"...Also alot of people at spudfiles said that ball valves suck. So yeah, I'm just following them...

First off, an unmodded sprinkler valve will still be better than a ball valve or LBB valve. Also, the reason they stiffed you at spudfiles is that google will provide you with MANY tutorials for modding a sprinkler valve. Matter of fact, there's even one ON SPUDFILES!

http://www.spudfiles...topic.php?t=305

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users