Photo

What Paint

6 replies to this topic

#1 stealthelite 13

stealthelite 13

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

What paint do I use to paint the guns? Do I use Testors?

Ompa Edit: fixed your title as to make it a little more clear as to what you want/need

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

I guess baghead uses "X metals" paint. It comes in a can. Anything like spray paint that satys well on plastic or metal works good.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

I started out using Testors Spray enamels, but they tend to paint on too thick and aren't the greatest on durability. I mainly use Krylon Brand Paints now. Mostly Either Fusion or X-metals paints. they work really good on plastics.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

Fusion is awesome. Sticks and doesn't come off. I used to actually use an airbrush, but I had to clearcoat and prime everything, and I was just too lazy to do that. With fusion, it's clean, spray, done.

~ompa

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:39 PM

I still Strongly Suggest you use a clearcoat, even with fusion, just for durability purposes.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#6 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

It's called the search paint! :o ;)

Serisouly use the search feature there is about a million topics on this and just another pretty recent one.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#7 The Fallen

The Fallen

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

A word of warning when using fusion it Bonds by which I mean if you get some on the inner side of the frame and try to get it off it kinda wants to take the original plastic with it, just letting you know to save you some trouble. Still damn good paint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users