Motorcyle Fork Springs...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:01 PM

Posted Image
Has anyone ever tryed using a motorcycle fork spring for their FAR or any other spring guns? Looks like a bitch to cock. And you'll need a big ass, tough and sturdy, plunger tube.

Hmm...Check this out.
Custom Springs

Edited by Vicious-V, 13 April 2006 - 07:06 PM.

#2 KnightValor

KnightValor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

Hmm.... I'm really not the guy to reply, but I think it could work.

I don't think it would be the best in boltsnipers "fast action rifle", though...

Just get the best ranged rifle (homemade or custom) you can find, and make it into the uber loser rifle... I know that there are 500+fps airsoft loser rifles... I've heard it just plain kills your arm to cock them, but its worth it.

Note: if you do use this and end up with a 500fps gun, just know that I'm pretty sure its illegal to shoot anyone closer than 100 feet (it is in airsoft guns...)

Just some thoughts.
Newbie... But one that uses the search button ^_^

#3 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

I am planning to add one to my still in process homemade. I'll have some sort of weight at the end of the cocker. Then I'll reinforce EVERYTHING with some sheet metal, foam, and super glue.

#4 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

Are you serious. Do you know how hard those are to compress, c'mon just buy springs from your hardware store and be happy. Really have you ever tried to compress one of those, you can if your lucky get it about an inch.

On motorcyclesyou have at least like 500 lbs. usually more pushing down on those things and thats why they are so strong. So what I'm getting at just don't use it.

Also don't try to use an airsoft gun for nerf because it dosn't work. An airsoft gun only has to shoot a little plastic ball that is usually .12g or .25g bb's and a nerf dart (micro) is like .54g or something. So on this airsoft to nerf dosn't work and just use normal springs.

Edited by Maverick Master, 13 April 2006 - 08:24 PM.

Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#5 KnightValor

KnightValor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

Are you serious. Do you know how hard those are to compress, c'mon just buy springs from your hardware store and be happy. Really have you ever tried to compress one of those, you can if your lucky get it about an inch.

On motorcyclesyou have at least like 500 lbs. usually more pushing down on those things and thats why they are so strong. So what I'm getting at just don't use it.

Also don't try to use an airsoft gun for nerf because it dosn't work. An airsoft gun only has to shoot a little plastic ball that is usually .12g or .25g bb's and a nerf dart (micro) is like .54g or something. So on this airsoft to nerf dosn't work and just use normal springs.

I didn't say that... I was merely mentioning the fact that airsoft guns have some damn hard cocking rifles, and though rare, they are supposedly great guns.

Although, I have been thinking about that... I will scratch it off my test list.
Newbie... But one that uses the search button ^_^

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

That's nice.

When you get something fabricated, post it here. Until then, hit the workbench.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users