Bbb Clip Thing

its awsome

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:23 PM

Okay, so me and my friend were messing around with a BBB tring to increase the ROF by using a rotating barrel, we picked the Mavrick barrel and stuck the outside of it on to deamonstrate, it was a snug fit. "Wait, I got an idea." I said, and loaded the bottem end of the Mavrick barrel with darts, fired, pulled off the barrel, rottated it one hole, put it back on, and fireed again: it worked. I would love to see more of you using this for your BBBs and any other guns that have cpvc barrel mods. enjoy.

~nerfnoob
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

Pics? A clearer explanation? These are a few of my favorite things...when someone posts a modification.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#3 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Sorry, no camra right now, I might be able to get some tomorrow though.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Sounds pretty cool if it actually works....Next time don't post this unless you have some pictures...No one cares unless they see it to believe it.

#5 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

Pics? A clearer explanation? These are a few of my favorite things...when someone posts a modification.

If I understand this correctly, this isn't so much a modification as a clever innovation. He's basically just shoving a Maverick cylinder on the end of his gun and firing. Then he pulls it off, shoves his barrel into another chamber of the cylinder, and fires again.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sounds pretty cool if it actually works....Next time don't post this unless you have some pictures...No one cares unless they see it to believe it.

Firstly, while pictures would be appreciated, for something as simple as what he's describing, I wouldn't say they are necessary. It's not like this is some complicated modification, here.

Secondly, you're still a newbie yourself, on these boards. Which means you don't have the right to correct other newbs. Leave that to the Vets and Ambassadors.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

By his description they bolted the rear half of the maverick cylinder to the front of a BBB and are using the forward half as a drop-in clip. I did the same to a maverick, but without inhibiting the ability of the cylinder to still rotate.
It wouldn't be too hard to turn the maverick cylinder into a rotating turret for use on other guns by simply using washers, bolts, and a locking nut.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 April 2006 - 03:22 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

No, we did not bolt anything on. All we did is like Death said, put the top of one of the Mav chambers on the barrel, no glue or anything. Then for the next shot all you do is take the chamber off and push a loaded chamber onto the barrel.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#8 Thief

Thief

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

It wsas my BBB, that WE did that to. After doing a little practice, the only problem, is how when you keep, putting on and removing the Mav.'s chamber it seems to be pulling the PVC barrel off, though a little duck Tape can solve that problem. Also, It does complicate aiming a bit. -TL
You can lead a dog to China Town, but you can't be sure that it will be there in about an hour.

#9 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:15 AM

It wsas my BBB, that WE did that to.

Dude. Seriously. You're gonna dog him over credit for this shit? While this is certainly a clever use of the Maverick's chamber, it's hardly revolutionary.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#10 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:04 AM

Theif, you might also notice your friend there used the word "we" implying that he is not taking full credit, nor did he claim that it was his bbb, he said 'a bbb' which does not implicate ownership of said bbb, though it might be interpreted that way. Chillout.
Gawd can you tell I'm almost done with law school?

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#11 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

well...he did say "my BBB" ...

but this is a silly thing to argue about anyway.
neat inovation, but when you feel you have enough experience modding, I suggest you just do a clip-mod. the simplicity of your idea is what makes it good. no pictures should be needed. anyone that asked for pictures should simply read more carefully.
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#12 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

It is interesting, but my concern lies with the range you would get from it. When I look at the BBB, I see a decent-ranged gun, with a lower ROF. In my personal opinion, I would rather make a clip mod for it, so I can still maintain some of the range.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that you're thinking outside the box. I love hearing ideas like this, but I'm pretty war-oriented when I mod my guns, and I have a severe distinction of practicality. I would personally prefer the range over the ROF.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users