Photo

Crayola Help...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:49 PM

Do they work well when nested inside of a SCH-40 PVC? I'm going to use it for my LBB. How many Crayolas should I use?

#2 Jabs

Jabs

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:21 PM

1/2" PVC and Crayolas go together like peanut butter and jelly, just make sure you apply some sort of adhesive before you insert the marker so it will stay in place. One marker yields about 3-4" of tubing, which is usually more than you need for most mods. -Jabs

#3 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

I've done the crayola/pvc mod to about 6 nightfinders, they all work fine. THe good thing is they work for practically every bullets, cept for 3/8".

#4 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

How many Crayolas should I use?

If your going to use crayolas than only use 1. Because they get narrower as they go down a dart wouldn't be able to wpass through more than one.

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Ah, my field of almost expertise....

Crayolas will normally fit in SCH-40 like other things fit snugly into other things. At times, you will need to wrap something around it to increase OD of the marker. It only takes one marker to complete a barrel. The basic concept of this barrel is to have a tighter air seal around the dart, and a longer barrel to guide the dart flight. Most of my guns are modded this way (exceptions are AT2k CPVC, Powerclip, RF20, Maverick, Splitfire, AT3k). It's cheap, reliable, and very easy to do.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#6 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

I'd also reccomend buying Rose Art brand markers instead of Crayola purely for the fact that you don't need to clean out the plastic fins at the back of the marker.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:49 PM

I concur, Roseartmarkers are cheaper too. I made my first 15" barrel on a supersoaker doing this by e-taping one after the next and sliding them inside the pvc. The gun was good it got around 110 feet. The barrel broke one day so I redid it with brass and now it gets up in the 170's. Brass is your friend but unless you are on bad terms then use roseart because it is easier to work with and cheaper.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 13 April 2006 - 12:49 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 NerfKing19

NerfKing19

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

I Just pvc my guns. I tryed to crayola inside PVC and I got horrible ranges. Although I tryed it on a NF not an LBB.

Edited by NerfKing19, 13 April 2006 - 09:28 PM.

#9 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:25 PM

I know that Crayola brand markers taper down slightly toward the tip of the marker. Do Roseart markers do this too? I'm guessing no, because if they slightly tapered you wouldn't be able to make an entire barrel out of them by linking them.

Edited by Anothernoob, 13 April 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#10 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:41 AM

No, Roseart color gear markers have the taper to them, so I'm just as confused as you are as to how Angel got a barrel out of multiple markers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users