Cpvced Walgreens Gun

5 replies to this topic

#1 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

This isn't much of a mod, but it is my first use of real nerf materials in a mod (small-size FBR, CPVC)

This gun originally shot small arrowlike ammo, but they were pretty horrible in terms of accuracy, so I decided to stefan mod it. The plunger shaft is skinny (I had to dremel down CPVC substantially to be able to cram it inside the end), so the air output is low, and the barrel is stock-length. Still, I am able to get a consistent 40-42 feet out of it, when it originally shot about 10. This is pretty lame, but so is the gun. If I had a choice, I'd go with the Fei Xiang TTG over this anyday, especially since that costs $3 less (enough to buy 3 more) and this gun has a really awkward trigger. Still, it was an experiment, and this does make a decent close-range sidearm.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#2 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:07 AM

sigh... another poor soul who posted a first mod that was ... mundane. When I post my first mod, it will be really good and interesting...
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

When I post my first mod, it will be really good and interesting...

We'll hold you to that.

Interesting..I was just looking at one of these last night, but thought that it would be completely hopeless. 40' is pretty impressive.

Now, I'm still trying to decide if those Walgreens "Tacky Darts" could possibly be worth it for $6...
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:06 AM

When I post my first mod, it will be really good and interesting...

We'll hold you to that.

Interesting..I was just looking at one of these last night, but thought that it would be completely hopeless. 40' is pretty impressive.

Now, I'm still trying to decide if those Walgreens "Tacky Darts" could possibly be worth it for $6...

its not. i read a thread that said it was a piece of crap. just buy extra ammo or something...

I confess that i only replied to this post because i felt sorry for davidbowie and wanted to rescusitate his post.
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

Of all people, I doubt DavidBowie needs it. He has most of his work in the Homemade department. And most homemades, in my opninion, are harder to make than many of the mods.

Don't feel sorry for DavidBowie, he's contributed quite a bit already. If anything, start working on your own contributions.

~ompa

#6 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

Spartan064, you are mistaken. This is a piece of crap. You were right about that. It is not, however, my first mod. It was a 10-minute mod I threw together on a sunday morning. THIS is my first mod. It was a $1 single-shot gun with a broken cocking rod and a miniscule plunger, which I turned into a functional 6-shot revolver that averages 40'. With a spring replacement I could beef that up, but I've moved on. The whole thing cost me a dollar, so I don't want to triple that by buying a new spring. Also, this wasn't just my first POSTED mod, it was my first mod EVER. It's nothing new or brag-worthy on its own, but it's there to prove a point.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users