6 replies to this topic

#1 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
I didn't like the Air-Rifle so much as it was, so I decided some re-tooling was in order.

I installed a pump-action jumbo barrel, using a deodorant clip (thanks, angel!) canted off to the right. This decreased range quite a bit because of the superlow ratio, so I added in the old PEX barrel as a secondary barrel on top, too. I used a 3/4" copper barrel, with e-tape, that seals against some dremeled 1/2" PVC inside the barrel. The barrel shroud is 1" PVC, and the pump handle is 1 1/4" PVC. This is reverse pump (forward then back), which I don't especially like, but there are worse fates.

I also fixed up the stock by adding in a 2-section butt that fits around the top barrel when folded, with the top section sticking out as a mock scope.

Next up are cosmetic fixes and a black and yellow strip-ed paintjob to match the pump and justify the name.

Edited by davidbowie, 11 April 2006 - 06:11 PM.

Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

Glad to see other people are getting in on the easy clip system. I look forward to the paint job and would reccomend that you fire these.

Posted Image

The only problem is they come in 3/4" lengths. You can get them in 3/8" or 1/2" wide.
They are expensive too, I beleive it is 3 or 4 dollars for a pack of 12

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 12 April 2006 - 08:30 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:10 PM

So... DB... how does that shoot?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

I just range tested the jumbo barrel today, and, due to the fact that the barrel is quite a bit larger than the chamber, it only shoots 60-65 feet. I guess it's time to hook something up with micros or megas. Looks like I've got some more work to do before the paintjob.

Does anybody know of any common materials that fit well inside 3/4" or 1/2" PVC? I'm talking about home depot stuff, so no PETG or brass.

#5 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

Vinyl tubing. You can get it in a variety of sizes...

Or, if you're trying to get to CPVC, then use some vinyl (they nest with a little bit of soapy water), and for the rest of the way, use a bicycle innertube.

How?

Well, you cut the innertube into long strips, about a half inch wide. Then you wrap the inner-pipe with the tube in a candy-cane pattern, and thread the pipe into the larger pipe. It forms nearly an airtight seal.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#6 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

I meant, how does the air go out the barrel. I can't see a valve, unless that three-way Y piece has little black things on it that I think I can see... do I?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#7 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

Yes. It's the same valve as in the Air-Rifle. A Y-Valve for garden hose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users