Photo

The Power Of A Titan In A Pistol! (idea)

16 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:25 AM

I thought this up last night...

Why not take a Maverick, strip all its' internals including the turret, and use it as the shell of your gun?

(Credit to alex6432 for the picture)
Posted Image
(Click to enlarge)

As you can see, it's powered by air pressure. A bike pump is glued in to the cocking mechanism. The tubing will hook up to the air tank. Once primed, you fire by using the trigger. The stick of the trigger will be connected to a string with the other end hooked to the ball valve. So by pressing the trigger it will pull the ball valve and fire.

So there you have it. A homemade inside of a stock. You can fool people in wars. They'll
think it's just a modification. But really the internals are homemade!

I'm hoping to do this project this afternoon. I'll keep you guys updated.

Edited by Vicious-V, 11 April 2006 - 12:17 PM.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Um. okay. This won't be close to the power of a titan. Can you please explain how you think it will? You can also do this with any gun(not just the mav). I think your prabably better off buying a pump gun....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

Air tank is 3" long, 2" in diameter. Think about it. That's a rather large air tank for a pistol-sized weapon. It may not get Titan range, but it'll have kick. Brass it and make some sort of clip/breech setup and you could have yourself a nasty pistol. Keep running with it!

One question, how would you have the trigger reset itself? Springs?

#4 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

You would have to manually turn the ball valve in to closed position with your hand.

#5 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:50 PM

That is a decent idea from a new member, but I highly reccomend a different valve. Turning a ball valve requires so much force it will throw your aim off, and that is a very weird placement for your hands. Although I do reccomend looking at the "Basic Homemade Valve by Zero" in the home mades section. This type of home-made-in-stock-shell thing doesn't really appeal to me, but it would be cool if you cold get one of those "Basic Homemade Valve by Zero" in a NF shell.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

Well, if there were someway to get the pump to the grip (small pump), put the tank on the top of the gun (with it sticking out the back), and used a solenoid valve (sprinkler valve) in place of the barrel assembly, there would definitely be a possibilty there.

Otherwise, I'd have to think some-more to get a good concept for the trigger actuator/linkage. I'll put it on my 'to-do' list.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#7 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:12 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...&hl=micro titan

I can't believe nobody else posted this. It's titan power, in a pistol, with a real trigger.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

I can't believe nobody else posted this. It's titan power, in a pistol, with a real trigger. 

Umm... That's alot bigger than a pistol. :D

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

NOTE: This is not meant as a flame. This is meant to make a point. Google any of these names for more info.

Then what, my dear Assassin, is the definition of a pistol?

Is the M16 pistol not a pistol then?

Is a Desert Eagle not a pistol?

Are the entire Uzi line not pistols?

Must I continue further?

Yes?

Is the Raging Bull not a pistol?

Is the MP5K not a pistol?

There are many learned firearms experts who will agree with me here...

Is the Mark 23 not a pistol?

Is Super Redhawk not a pistol?

Is the Tanfoglio "Thor Raptor" chambered .45-70Gov't (*drools*) not a pistol?

Just because I do not want to contiue further, is the BFR not a pistol?

Is the Thompson/Center Encore not a pistol?

Why is it that whenever someone thinks "pistol" they think of the P99, PPK, P9, Millenium Pistol, P22, FiveSeveN, PX4, maybe even a Baby Eagle? Those are for people with little hands and no forearms! And the occasional law-enforcement...

P.S. That is a shitload of big-ass handguns I mentioned...all of which are as large, if not larger, than a Titan pistol. I think I need to get out more...

P.S.S. I found a handgun that Assasin should buy and take shooting...I love Photoshop...that pic cracks me up so much...
Don't take anything by that remark. I needed a name and your's popped into my head.

[/rant against the stereotypical non-shooter]

To get myself more on-topic, that thing makes me want to have my clan purchase a Titan, just so that I could use a big-ass pistol in pistol wars...Muahahahaha...
Meh, I'll ask 'em later.

Edit: fixed link...didn't use forum code properly.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 11 April 2006 - 06:11 PM.

#10 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

Uh... have fun with all those firearms...

A homemade can easily match that power with relatively low space. You will need a piston valve, and a tank much bigger than that, but it's very possible.

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

In Nerf, I consider things like NFs and Mavs as pistols, but you do present a good point. (especially on the M16 pistol, the Desert Eagle, and the Uzi's.) I think of the Minimized titan as a Titan carbine.

Don't take anything by that remark.

I won't, in fact, I loved that picture, it was hilarious.

I do, however take offence to that.

just for future reference, someone who owns enough AK-47s, AR-15s, AK-74s, FALs, Mowsers, Enfields, and assorted shotguns/boltguns to equip a small army IS NOT A NON SHOOTER. :D

EDIT: I know you didn't mean it as a flame, but please don't call me a Non-Shooter

Edited by AssassinNF, 11 April 2006 - 07:00 PM.

#12 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...&hl=micro titan

Well this is so that you don't have to waste $40.

#13 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

fair enough, but why not buy a LBB and give it a shot?
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#14 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

LBB might work. I dunno though...hmm...is there a way to relocate the pump? Or would it be Uzi style?

How is modding a Titan like that a waste of $40? You still have the Scout an--I guess you're right, hmm...it still shoots like stock, for the most part.

---==--==---

Hey Assassin, I meant in general...I guess I shoulda put an 'a' instead of 'the'...oh well. Hopefully you won't hold this against me for too long...
Let's just say I have to deal with a lot of people who think that 'magnum' is a type of handgun...and always is a handgun...yes, I do punch them in the face. Anyway, I did not mean you, personally, as a non-shooter since I had/have no idea of your personal life.

I love that picture. I found it once a long-ass time ago. I finally found it again and bookmarked it. It comes in handy quite often...I bet I could make a real one if I tried hard enough, even though I'm only used to bolt-action match rifle work...

#15 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hey Assassin, I meant in general...I guess I shoulda put an 'a' instead of 'the'...oh well. Hopefully you won't hold this against me for too long...

I don't hold it against you, since you weren't talking about me specifically, and about the dumasses who think a magnum is a type of handgun, I understand where you're coming from. That picture is still hilarious.

yes, I do punch them in the face.

That's ALOT of people to punch in the face...

-----

I'm curious to know if this project works, VV, good concept. Definitely try switching to a different valve.

#16 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

Looks like you got yourself quite a good idea here. Needs some work, though...I'd keep going with it anyways. The use of a ball Valve and the trigger system seems kinda iffy, but you definitely got a start here. I always wondered what kinda use that big space in the Maverick for the cylinder would see*. This is a rather good one.

*I always thought someone would try that stripper clip system like in Starbuck's SM1000 Mod, which would lower ammo capacity, but speed reloading. But that business is for another day...
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#17 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

NOTE: This is not meant as a flame. This is meant to make a point. Google any of these names for more info.

Then what, my dear Assassin, is the definition of a pistol?

Is the M16 pistol not a pistol then?

Is a Desert Eagle not a pistol?

Are the entire Uzi line not pistols?

Must I continue further?

Yes?

Is the Raging Bull not a pistol?

Is the MP5K not a pistol?

There are many learned firearms experts who will agree with me here...

Is the Mark 23 not a pistol?

Is Super Redhawk not a pistol?

Is the Tanfoglio "Thor Raptor" chambered .45-70Gov't (*drools*) not a pistol?

Just because I do not want to contiue further, is the BFR not a pistol?

Is the Thompson/Center Encore not a pistol?

Why is it that whenever someone thinks "pistol" they think of the P99, PPK, P9, Millenium Pistol, P22, FiveSeveN, PX4, maybe even a Baby Eagle? Those are for people with little hands and no forearms! And the occasional law-enforcement...

P.S. That is a shitload of big-ass handguns I mentioned...all of which are as large, if not larger, than a Titan pistol. I think I need to get out more...

P.S.S. I found a handgun that Assasin should buy and take shooting...I love Photoshop...that pic cracks me up so much...
Don't take anything by that remark. I needed a name and your's popped into my head.

To get myself more on-topic, that thing makes me want to have my clan purchase a Titan, just so that I could use a big-ass pistol in pistol wars...Muahahahaha...
Meh, I'll ask 'em later.

Edit: fixed link...didn't use forum code properly.

Finally someone else who knows and cares about the pistols. Thank you I just love pistols.
On the other handthat looks like a good idea but not as powerfull as a titan.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users