Painted Expand-a-blast Wip

I need some suggestions, here.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

I'm working on an Expand-a-Blast, because I think it has a lot of potential for a nice looking prop weapon.

I also need to modify it for more power, because as it is...it's pretty sad. The color scheme is the problem at the moment, though.

Before the clear-coat,
Posted Image

After the clear-coat,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't reassembled it yet, just put the folding handle back on. The black is just Rustoleum flat black, over a coat of plastic primer. The silver is the Metalcast ground coat, because I find it simulates bare metal nicely.

There are lots of accents on this gun. There are tick-marks common to the Hypersight toys, some peg-shaped bits, a knurled wheel near the front of the gun, etc. etc.

That big fat marquee-like space where a sticker used to rest is going to contain a sticker again I think, but something more appropriate and realistic. A warning label, or somesuch.

But what about the rest? The extending barrel, if I leave it in, will probably get a chrome coat. The rear extending stock will probably get a coat of Plastidip on the stock itself, though the stock's 'stalk' will go unaltered.

I was thinking some red might work well for hilights. I'm open to suggestions; let's hear 'em.
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#2 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

How that is the sexiest gun I have ever seen...I really like the silver accents....I think the barrel should stay silver and not red. I think red would throw off the mood of the rest of the gun. But anyway, another great paint job Anima!

#3 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

Anima, I sure hope your joking! That paintjob is just astounding! It really brings out the gun's style as opposed to green sea foam! Very classy and I wouldn't change a thing!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

There are two pizza shaped peices in the handle where I would add the silver you are using.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users