At2k Barrel Relocation

my new at2k mod

5 replies to this topic

#1 Petrie

Petrie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:03 PM

After searching the mod write up page I found that all of the barrel extensions and barrel mods for at2ks weren’t centered so I made my own that was centered. My new at2k is easier to aim (for me) and now has better ranges.

Posted Image

Materials:
-Crossbow Tubing
-Electrical/Duct/Hockey tape
-1/2" PVC
-1" PVC
-Marker

Step one:

The first thing that I did was crack open my at2k. Then I took the yellow tube from an X-Bow with the spring inside and cut a 4 inch section out of the middle. I also trimmed a piece of 1” tubing that I found in my basement to a good size to be of the front of the gun.

Step two:

Next I attached the tubing to the air valve inside the gun it slid on real tight and there was no need for glue. I also attached the marker to the other end of the tubing.

Posted Image

Then I cut a marker length piece of ½” pvc and wrapped it in two sections with hockey tape until I ran out and finished with duct tape wrapped it until it barley fit into the 1” tube.

Posted Image

Step three:

The final step is to just piece it all together. I chose to use hot glue to secure the final barrel setup in place on the end of the gun. It is a little wobbly but I can fix that later. I also plugged the air pressure release valve
Posted Image

Posted Image
the assembled pieces
Posted Image
the 1/2" pvc with tape spacers

Edited by Petrie, 09 April 2006 - 10:16 PM.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

Use the IMG tags for your pictures.

Except with photobucket, replace the i75 with www.

Oh, and thanks for the improvement in grammar and all. It really is appreciated.

Nice Job!

I definately have never seen a mod like it. Very unique, and very easy to follow.

~ompa

#3 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

I just got an at2k and I love it! It gets around 120, actually, with 8-9 pumps, and it is my main weapon. The only thing is, I can't find a sure way to keep my barrel straight. Right now, it is glued to the shell of the gun, but I won't another way!!!

-Nice job petrie! I like it!
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:07 PM

Glue a coupler directly on to the chamber, and sand out the shell as needed. That way you have a removable, and straight (in reference to the chamber) barrel.

~ompa

#5 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:07 AM

Glue a coupler directly on to the chamber, and sand out the shell as needed. That way you have a removable, and straight (in reference to the chamber) barrel.

~ompa

Thats what I do, it also allows for interchangable barrels and turrets. It helps if you wrapp some E-tape around the coupler and pump tube holder. Also, put something in the coupler in the non used side, so you dont lose more power that way.

#6 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Nice job, I just got one at khols and i did a single barrel relocation. Except i took a peice out of a SSII and glued it on the air part. Nice Mod, what are the ranges?
Cubs in 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users