Photo

Guns Releasing Air Without The Trigger Pulled

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

My SF and my sspb are both releasing air when I pump. They don't hold air too long even though I plugged the pum too well either. What should I do? Should I replud the pump? Is this considered a leak?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Location:West Michigan, in a basement, chained to a wall, with nothing but a puter and a NiteFinder to keep me busy.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

Yes, that is cosidered a leak. Put the whole system (minus the pump) under water to pinpoint the leak by priming the blasters under water. I bet you over-pumped them both.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

Can I fix this???! I really like both of my guns...
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Location:West Michigan, in a basement, chained to a wall, with nothing but a puter and a NiteFinder to keep me busy.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

It depends. Where is the air leaking from? Did you find that first? After that, you have a few options, most of which are case-specific. I have no idea why the SSPB could be leaking, but the SF may...where is the leak coming from, if you have fully determined it is a leak by my last post? If that wasn't detailed enough, well, then, I'm not too good at describing things like that...

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

Well the air is coming out o the barrels. When I pump it it releases the air. For both guns...

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

Hmm....I'm out now.

When that happened with the AT2k valve in my SOBR, that was due to a bent actuator rod. Hence I needed to replace the coathanger with a stronger material. I have yet to do that.

Pretty much, I no longer am familiar enough with the systems to answer any questions further than this. Soory 'bout that, mate.

#7 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

If it's leaking air from the barrel, you've got a valve problem. The sspb I would recommend simply replacing, but for the sf, you'll have to open it up and fix the valve. The red pin that sticks out is the area of interest; one quick fix that might do it is to apply some silicone lubricant (non-petroleum based) to the valve area and see if that fixes it. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users